Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Buddie Marvelous

Welcome Oran Kearney

Recommended Posts

Got a mate in work from N.Ireland who’s best mate plays in the Irish league. We were talking about this last night and his mate who has played under Kearney at Coleraine a few seasons ago says he’s the best manager he’s worked under and is a brilliant man manager.

He thinks it will be a brilliant appointment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Hot off the phone.

Text from Coleraine cousin.

Who I will abbreviate as "CC" from now on.

CC says, "Owen has been offered the job and a decision will be made in the next 24 hours"

 

Shall we rename the thread ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Can we save the "OK must go" thread until he starts f**king up and we actually want him to go?

Instead of the Subbs must go thread on his first day in the job. Seemed to tempt fate a little.

Ach, come on, it was tongue in cheek.

I can't believe some folk are still taking issue with it. I fully expected the thread to be deleted in any event.

It wasn't big and it wasn't clever, but it was hardly worth fretting over either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.0ca9d3654e193b3bb696e4b12507c4ee.jpeg

8 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Hot off the phone.

Text from Coleraine cousin.

Who I will abbreviate as "CC" from now on.

CC says, "Owen has been offered the job and a decision will be made in the next 24 hours"

 

So CC's like us the, on the internet     https://stv.tv/sport/football/1430389-oran-kearney-to-make-st-mirren-decision-within-24-hours/

image.jpeg.53661a3472139c10705e2c30516dd94f.jpeg

 

 

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feeling is - if he is going to manage his team on Saturday - that will be his send off and he will begin with us on the Monday...

There is a huge amount at stake here, but he must be more inspirational and a much better man manager than Stubbs (2 gigs gone within 4 months)

The FANs will get right behind him and we will improve and progress this season...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Can we save the "OK must go" thread until he starts f**king up and we actually want him to go?

Instead of the Subbs must go thread on his first day in the job. Seemed to tempt fate a little.

And maybe hold off the welcome just a little for now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Can we save the "OK must go" thread until he starts f**king up and we actually want him to go?

Instead of the Subbs must go thread on his first day in the job. Seemed to tempt fate a little.

I know you're being tongue in cheek but we have to the worst club in Scotland at appointing and sticking with managers

Gus, Danny, TC, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs and now new guy

8 managers in 8 years and 7 in 4 years and we wonder why we are a yoyo club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

The first Scottish manager to take our national team to the European championships was a teacher

The second Scottish manager to take our national team to the European championships was a teacher

The man who lifted our team from relegation fodder to promotion to the premier league in the wonderful 1999/2000 season was a teacher.

 

Yep. And how did it end up with those three? With "fans" telling them to f**k off....

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The FANs will get right behind him 

Probably with a hangman's noose. As per f**king usual......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I know you're being tongue in cheek but we have to the worst club in Scotland at appointing and sticking with managers

Gus, Danny, TC, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs and now new guy

8 managers in 8 years and 7 in 4 years and we wonder why we are a yoyo club

Since Danny our choices have been shocking apart from JR.

You cannot argue for them getting the bullet

Rae started off decent then lost the plot

It was as if he wanted the sack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I know you're being tongue in cheek but we have to the worst club in Scotland at appointing and sticking with managers

Gus, Danny, TC, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs and now new guy

8 managers in 8 years and 7 in 4 years and we wonder why we are a yoyo club

Both Gus and  Danny had good runs.   TC, Murray and Rae blew it of their own making.  Don't recognize the last one. 

Edited by pod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pod said:

Both Gus and  Danny good runs.   TC, Murray and Rae blew it of their own making.  Don't recognize the last one. 

Its still 7 managers in 4 years , who went through interviews to get job

Point is- we have to stay with this guy, get success with him, support him - till he leaves to Join Coventry City next year :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ach, come on, it was tongue in cheek.

I can't believe some folk are still taking issue with it. I fully expected the thread to be deleted in any event.

It wasn't big and it wasn't clever, but it was hardly worth fretting over either.

I know it was tongue in cheek but it did still seem to tempt fate because looking back on it he was a total disaster from minute 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Since Danny our choices have been shocking apart from JR.

You cannot argue for them getting the bullet

Rae started off decent then lost the plot

It was as if he wanted the sack

I am not disagreeing, its still 7- that's embarrassing, and no doubt some clown on here will start a thread if we lose to Accies- bet ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Its still 7 managers in 4 years , who went through interviews to get job

Point is- we have to stay with this guy, get success with him, support him - till he leaves to Join Coventry City next year :P

Your only a winner or a loser with our club when it comes to managers and as a result,  you know what becomes of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know you're being tongue in cheek but we have to the worst club in Scotland at appointing and sticking with managers
Gus, Danny, TC, Ian Murray, Alex Rae, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs and now new guy
8 managers in 8 years and 7 in 4 years and we wonder why we are a yoyo club

I’d say it’s more like 8 managers in 15 years

Who is the 7 in 4 years?

Teale shouldn’t really count either as he was never given it long term just to the end of the season as we were pretty much dead and buried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That’s a very interesting read. Great man management skills, respected by players and fans alike . What’s not to like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I know it was tongue in cheek but it did still seem to tempt fate because looking back on it he was a total disaster from minute 1.

I have special powers.

I can only apologise:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


That’s a very interesting read. Great man management skills, respected by players and fans alike . What’s not to like.

He does sound very promising.

Think our fans will need to be very patient I’m sure he will have been seeking assurances from the board that he will be giving plenty of time to sort things out.

I certainly won’t be blaming any manager that comes in if they don’t manage to keep us up this year with this current squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...