Welcome Oran Kearney

15 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Thanks to Ross and Stubbs, St Mirren are not in an OK position right now.

The board and Stubbs perhaps.

Ross took us from a dark place with nothing but doom and gloom to a place of euphoria.

He left us to continue his upward journey. I wasn't happy with the way he left but it was entirely up to the board who they put in place to carry things forward.

Edited by stlucifer

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Ross took us from a dark place with nothing but doom and gloom to a place of euphoria.

He left us to continue his upward journey. I wasn't happy with the way he left but it was entirely up to the board who they put in place to carry things forward.

Can't disagree, but the timing of Ross' departure was not helpful to St Mirren to say the least.

Who could blame Jack for taking the chance at Sunderland? Life changing opportunity and if he does well no end to what he can achieve. Not even taking into account the wage rise, the facilities, the fan base.. Alan Archibald was hot property two seasons ago. Now no one would look twice. It’s a fickle game. Jack did a great job, gave us a fantastic season last season.. which many of us older guys might not see again... Mr Stubbs was always a poor choice, not enough homework.. crazy length of contract. We just have to hope the new guy (OK or whoever) can repair the damage Mr Stubbs has done. Our record picking managers is not great.

1 minute ago, Robbie said:

Who could blame Jack for taking the chance at Sunderland? Life changing opportunity and if he does well no end to what he can achieve. Not even taking into account the wage rise, the facilities, the fan base.. Alan Archibald was hot property two seasons ago. Now no one would look twice. It’s a fickle game. Jack did a great job, gave us a fantastic season last season.. which many of us older guys might not see again... Mr Stubbs was always a poor choice, not enough homework.. crazy length of contract. We just have to hope the new guy (OK or whoever) can repair the damage Mr Stubbs has done. Our record picking managers is not great.

From what we know of OK he seems to be of a similar mould to JR and that worked well for St Mirren - until he left prematurely.

For a SMTID man JR could not apparently get out the door quick enough.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Think our fans will need to be very patient I’m sure he will have been seeking assurances from the board that he will be giving plenty of time to sort things out.

Saints Fans "patient"? Good yin! :lol:

And it's the fans he should be looking for assurances from, not the board....

For a SMTID man JR could not apparently get out the door quick enough.

I just don’t understand this point of view. Jack was brilliant for us and we we’re brilliant for Jack. He got a fantastic offer that every single one of us would’ve snapped up.

Here’s hoping the new manager is being courted next summer as it means things have gone really well.

We need to learn to accept this with grace.

2 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I just don’t understand this point of view. Jack was brilliant for us and we we’re brilliant for Jack. He got a fantastic offer that every single one of us would’ve snapped up.

Here’s hoping the new manager is being courted next summer as it means things have gone really well.

We need to learn to accept this with grace.

JR left us at a crucial time with a squad which was not up to the job in the SPFL.

However, I am sure he would have recruited better than AS did.

8 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

If you seiously believe anyone bought it , you are even more deluded than I originally thought. .

And you returned to the Forum, not to add anything interesting or constructive.

But just to have a go at a fellow Buddie.

What is the point of you being logged on ?

2 hours ago, pod said:

Should Oran Kearney leave Coleraine for St Mirren?

• Yes - what an opportunity!                                                                                                       62%
  • He should move eventually, but not this time                              21%
  • No - he should stay in the Irish League                                 18%   

I would like to know how you end up with 101%   :P

17 minutes ago, shull said:

And you returned to the Forum, not to add anything interesting or constructive.

But just to have a go at a fellow Buddie.

What is the point of you being logged on ?

Wow, sounds exactly like what you are trying to do . .

Until you get your moderator stripes , when I log in, log out post or not post , has the square root of f**k all to do with you. .:wink:

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

I’d say it’s more like 8 managers in 15 years

Who is the 7 in 4 years?

Teale shouldn’t really count either as he was never given it long term just to the end of the season as we were pretty much dead and buried.

Ok Danny TC Murray Rae Ross Stubbs and now new one = 7 since 2014

15 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Wow, sounds exactly like what you are trying to do . .

Until you get your moderator stripes , when I log in, log out post or not post , has the square root of f**k all to do with you. .:wink:

More chance of Putin getting Nobel prize for peace. Put the wee troll on ignore . Its bliss:thumbs2

Ok Danny TC Murray Rae Ross Stubbs and now new one = 7 since 2014

[emoji23] you just trying to make things sound as bad as possible for the hell of it.

If your going to count someone that isn’t even appointed yet then why not count from when Danny was appointed 4 years before lol

Ignore the fact Danny and gus got long spells at the club and jack wasn’t sacked so would still have been here

You would make a good journalist for the sun.

Some on here just love a good bit of negativity to boost their day.