New Morton manager

guinness

Best of luck to him. Hope our Renfrewshire neighbours flourish.
Unlike a lot of my fellow buds I actually quite like Morton and their supporters. I applaud their decision to snub the ugly sisters and support their home town team..... even if they do hate us ! Give me a St.mirren v Morton derby any day before a match against either side of the Glasgow arse cheeks.

I would agree with young Callums statement above if....they weren't such scumbags

It is true that our lower class and almost but thankfully not quite neighbours do indeed reject the ugly sisters but I must say the vitriol they show toward us is quite disgusting.  I recall our great club playing them in a friendly and letting them keep the gate in order to help them survive, did we get a thank you...not from those scumbags.  The people of Greenock are are a somewhat vitriolic  spunkbag of unemployed leeches who give nothing to society except scabies, hepatitis, aids and a welfare bill.

Imagine if planet earth was entirely like Greenock...I could not tell you if it was as the computer would never have been  invented, neither would the typewriter nor even the written language.  The planet would be covered by workshy illiterate buffoons wrything about in filth demanding free things whilst consuming every and any drug available in order to free themmselves momentarily from the perpetual misery of being from Greenock.  I agree that we should look favourably upon those less fortunate but in the case of Greenockians we must regard them as useful as the novovirus and avoid at all cost (also it is spread by filth).

So Callum they don't support the ugly sisters, neither does Rolf Harris, Katie Hopkins or Philp Schofield but I dont feel affinity with them either!!!!!!

Greenock yuck, yuck indeed.

Hope he does well admire fans of provincial clubs in the central belt and would like to see Morton come up as long as we are up you understand.then to beat them every game. Not because I hate them it's just nice to to have a bit of bragging rights and be a wee bit smug about it., it drives them nuts :D

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hope he does well admire fans of provincial clubs in the central belt and would like to see Morton come up as long as we are up you understand.then to beat them every game. Not because I hate them it's just nice to to have a bit of bragging rights and be a wee bit smug about it., it drives them nuts :D

I was traditionally quite magnanimous towards them, but was surprised at the vitriol that came from their direction when we spent three years in their league.

So now... f**k 'em. The funniest bragging right is their complete inability to get promoted. I'm happy enough with that.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I was traditionally quite magnanimous towards them, but was surprised at the vitriol that came from their direction when we spent three years in their league.

So now... f**k 'em. The funniest bragging right is their complete inability to get promoted. I'm happy enough with that.

Totally agree, f**k them.

Hope he relegates them again.

Was funny reading their chairman's tear stained rant.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:59 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My take on this also.   And... I wish Andy Ritchie had played for us! 

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 11:09 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:

Best of luck to him. Hope our Renfrewshire neighbours flourish.
Unlike a lot of my fellow buds I actually quite like Morton and their supporters. I applaud their decision to snub the ugly sisters and support their home town team..... even if they do hate us ! Give me a St.mirren v Morton derby any day before a match against either side of the Glasgow arse cheeks.

Used to be derby day against Morton was great, doesn't have any feel to it now. Its just another game with poor atmosphere etc. Think it means a lot more to them than to us and all the wee lads who sit in W7. For us older chaps the magic of this game went many years ago...could as well be playing Alloa as Morton for how excited i get for these games now..

Edited by gstretchuk

Used to be derby day against Morton was great, doesn't have any feel to it now. Its just another game with poor atmosphere etc. Think it means a lot more to them than to us and all the wee lads who sit in W7. For us older chaps the magic of this game went many years ago...could as well be playing Alloa as Morton for how excited i get for these games now..

Your opinion Bud , but I don’t agree . Always a great take up of tickets when we play Ton as opposed to the amount who choose to stay away when we play the bigots .

57 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Your opinion Bud , but I don’t agree . Always a great take up of tickets when we play Ton as opposed to the amount who choose to stay away when we play the bigots .

Still my fav fixture considering I work with Allan McGraw junior............. mind you he is worried they will get dragged into a relegation fight

4 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

I always enjoy the Morton games and especially enjoy going through to their midden for a wee away day.

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

I always enjoy the Morton games and especially enjoy going through to their midden for a wee away day.

Midden is the correct word - shambles of a joke to call a football stadium.

Anyway - I had friends who support them, so I always enjoyed our New Year battles and in the main the smug victories . . .  :bounce2

• 3 months later...