Serena Williams .

Callum Gilhooley

On 9/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, Mr Optimistic said:

I'm sure she will be bothered about a nonentity on a St Mirren forum finding it difficult to call her a lady.

Emotion is a big part of any world class sportsman or woman.  She might be the most famous sportswoman in the world right now and is just getting back from almost losing her life in childbirth. She has dominated a sport for 20 years and has been a fantastic role model, particularly to women. So get off your usual high horse and cut her some slack.

You make a point of saying she's a female player. Good spot!! Am i sensing a bit of sexism.? Oh she's a woman and shouldn't behave like that? Have you watched men's tennis and witnessed some of their antics? And would a male player have been docked a game in the same circumstances? I think not.

You think it's sexist for him to point out that a woman is a female and then you put words in his mouth? :lol:

I thought the cartoon was spot on, right down to the dummy on the court.

What do the outraged do?

"oooh, you've drawn Osaka as a blonde" (she actually has  blonde hair)Image result for osaka tennis

"ooh, you've drawn her opponent, a Haitian/Japanaese as being whitewashed" (check her "skin colour" against that of the umpire)

serena-cartoon-759.jpg.d14c1ba78ea118a6356a8ee6507e5bb7.jpg

and finally, "it's reminiscent of a "Jim Crow" cartoon".

Now, I'm not going to post a Jim Crow cartoon because they are racist but for anyone curious enough to search for one, you'll see that the above is nothing of the kind.