The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

2 hours ago, smcc said:

No, I was not at the interview but I did not claim to know what was said at the interview!  Your speculation is no more valid than mine.

I never said it was, just shame that instead of making a valid counterpoint, posters think stating/asking the bleedin obvious (its obvious no one on here was at Oran's interview) is a smart point to make. Its not, it merely shows someone is out of things to say.

Oran interview on Buddie vision interesting. Squad of 30 players  Oran would like to be cut to 22. The squad has been split up into two groups group A who Oran wants to work with and group B who train separate not in the plans this confirmed by Fitzpatrick on off the ball, Sounds like Oran has put a plan in place to take us forward. COYS. 

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am sure its Oran and his famlies choice. Being an hour away by plane is not the same as actually going home each night, and yes as an employer I enforced the ruling on living within a 30 mile commutable radius to safeguard both the employee, and the business.

the club can insist he move within a reasonable timescale to a commutable distance. Its a simple clause in many, many contracts of employment there to protect the company, and the welfare of the employee. People will say, do and agree to almost anything when they get offered their dream job. A responsible employer has to see past that and make decisions that are in the best interests of all parties.

think of it a different way? Oran has taken the step to manage here in the premiership, no doubt he would like to be successful and progress like Jack Ross. That as far as i can see wont happen in Ireland, so is he going to live away from his family for the remainder of his management career?

the club should be all over getting Oran and his family settled here. That is how a good employer protects its assets and builds for the future.

Companies should not be getting involved in the personal lives of their employees. No company would ever be allowed to dictate where I live.  You set the 30 mile limit because it allowed you to control your staff better. Nothing to do with their wellbeing, How arrogant to think you know better than the employee about how to get the right balance in their lives.

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Well I am sure St.Ricky had said he had worked away from his family for years, and it doesn't seem to have done him any harm   :rolleyes:

You are correct renfrew. Our strategy was that I turned down opportunities to earn money if they took me away from home for more than 1 weekend.  This let me work 5-10 days. I could have earned more by acting differently but was up front with anyone who employed my services.  

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Watching manager, after manager at many clubs explain the unrealistic expectations and pressure they were forced to work under. Of course if younthink they've got it easy please explain.

OK has made his decision but you insist he has made a mistake.

What person at the club is in a better position to know what best suits OK and his family?

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, were you.

And not to negate the impact others face in jobs forced to live apart, (many on rigs, the armed forces etc where moving to be together isnt an option) but few have to face apotential hostile press, fans and board on a daily basis too, and all the unrealistic expectations that go with it.

With respect, OK is a very well paid football manager not a f**king brain surgeon.

Oran interview on Buddie vision interesting. Squad of 30 players  Oran would like to be cut to 22. The squad has been split up into two groups group A who Oran wants to work with and group B who train separate not in the plans this confirmed by Fitzpatrick on off the ball, Sounds like Oran has put a plan in place to take us forward. COYS. 
So, I guess if you're training in the same group as Jackson and Hamill you've got a chance of staying - and if you're not you're off......

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Companies should not be getting involved in the personal lives of their employees. No company would ever be allowed to dictate where I live.  You set the 30 mile limit because it allowed you to control your staff better. Nothing to do with their wellbeing, How arrogant to think you know better than the employee about how to get the right balance in their lives.

Greater flexibility and technology are in any case encouraging home working to fit in with both employer and employee needs. By way of example, one of my family works 3 days at home in Stirling, One day in London and One day in Glasgow each week in a highly paid management roll in marketing. One son was also offered an opportunity to be CEO of two factories one in Scotland and one in Germany with a couple of days a week in each. He turned that down for family reasons.

Oran will come good the guy has a lot to take in he has been put into the deep end. I for one will back him 100% even if we go down you can just tell given time he will put everything back together.
Oran has came in to another managers team it will take time to know what each player can bring to the field. There is not a bad team in there the jigsaw puzzle is all laid out on the table but not an easy one. Some peaces will need to be swapped for other ones come January to make the picture fit together. Hurting like hell but understand the fix can not be quick.
I have every C.U.N.T. and his dog texting me , not Saints fans rubbing it in. Dont bite I just say a work in progress that will take time.
Christ knows how this club can get into my blood so much love us like you all do.
The problem is if he takes us down and then we have a storming championship win (like Jack did) Ipswich, Sunderland, Rotherham, MK Dons come along and nick him......we [emoji58]

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Should have kept Darren Jackson on to train these guys

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, TediousTom said:

Really really sorry, I did not realise that I was conversing with a 4 year old!

Anyway Santa's coming soon.....

Fortunately I assumed this was the level of intellect that I was dealing with.:)

On 10/18/2018 at 10:51 AM, kevo_smfc said:

OK mentioned his wife has a really good job and the school term hasn't long started so i would imagine they would want to get the kids settled in their school and potentially think about it next summer at the earliest.

Exactly, lots of things for them to consider. It's really nobody's business but theirs, though I'm sure the Lords attempts to manage their lives will be appreciated. Or perhaps not. 

Much as I want Oran to succeed I have seen or heard nothing that suggests he will. Think he may be out of his depth. If his carer break allows him back into his old job at the end of this season I suspect we won't see him for dust. Robbie Nelson has improved united with no new players. We haven't had that bounce. Hope I am so wrong but watching games like today are doing nothing to assure me. Just as well I'm looking after grand weans tonight so won't touch the demon drink. I need one. 

Much as I want Oran to succeed I have seen or heard nothing that suggests he will. Think he may be out of his depth. If his carer break allows him back into his old job at the end of this season I suspect we won't see him for dust. Robbie Nelson has improved united with no new players. We haven't had that bounce. Hope I am so wrong but watching games like today are doing nothing to assure me. Just as well I'm looking after grand weans tonight so won't touch the demon drink. I need one. 

Robbie Nielsen has a huge squad that’s more than good enough to challenge for winning the championship.

Ok has got a squad that probably even isn’t good enough for competing in the premiership never mind staying up.

They are managers not magicians they can only work with what they have.