The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

54 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

My biggest concern is what has happened to Stephen McGinn, he is a shadow of last seasons captain. Maybe a wee spell out of the team would help him.

I agree on McGinn. Such an inspiration in the previous 18 months. Rumours that he's carrying an injury. If so, he should be taken out and given time to recover and recharge the batteries. 

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

And yet we've run Celtic, Hibs and Killie close at home. There is a clear difference in our home and away performance, but at home we have proven to be competitive.

Played 5 Won 1 D 1 L 3 For 3 Against 6,

Lets have this convo Sat night after 2 more home games see where we are at ..................

24 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Played 5 Won 1 D 1 L 3 For 3 Against 6,

Lets have this convo Sat night after 2 more home games see where we are at ..................

You said we are going backwards, and pointed to the away defeats. I pointed out that we had run Killie and Hibs close at home and taken a point from Celtic at home in three encouraging performances. You are allowed to take positives rather than get bogged down in all the negatives, of which there are plenty this season.

We need to start picking up points, but as long as we are competing - as we have been at home - then it's more than we were doing under Stubbs. I had the same conversations with people after 6 defeats in a row under Jack Ross. I am not in any way saying we'll do the same now as we did under his management, merely saying that patience can pay off. It's certainly worth trying.

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You said we are going backwards, and pointed to the away defeats. I pointed out that we had run Killie and Hibs close at home and taken a point from Celtic at home in three encouraging performances. You are allowed to take positives rather than get bogged down in all the negatives, of which there are plenty this season.

We need to start picking up points, but as long as we are competing - as we have been at home - then it's more than we were doing under Stubbs. I had the same conversations with people after 6 defeats in a row under Jack Ross. I am not in any way saying we'll do the same now as we did under his management, merely saying that patience can pay off. It's certainly worth trying.

Mate I havent just started supporting so need to be patronising . We did this same scenerio in 2014, but even with Craig in charge we managed to be 6 points ahead of County at Xmas break.

For me this was so avoidable, we have Fitzy telling everyone to follow their dreams, reality is something that we havent displayed since May. We handed the reigns over to an idiot in Stubbs, from a Chairman who took the reigns away from Rae.

We are were we are, I still follow, but this is a forum and  i am sorry if you disagree but I think we are going backwards. Our last performance was our worst performance since Livi, we have a different manager and some different players yet we sat with 3 points after 1 game and now sit with one more point from the next 9.

If I saw passion and fight I probably wouldnt be so worried, but this reminds me so much of Craig /teale shambles. Poor players, poor tactics and poor results, in saying all that we still need 26 points to match that clusterfeck......

But please, allow me to have my say, and as far as I concerned its constructive because I still hope somehow we will turn the corner. OK needs to man up though. Fergie/ Ross he sure aint

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, John Gotti said:

My biggest concern is what has happened to Stephen McGinn, he is a shadow of last seasons captain. Maybe a wee spell out of the team would help him.

I would go with this. Hugh Murray always came back stronger when he returned to the XI after being dropped. McGinn could have the same bounce.

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate I havent just started supporting so need to be patronising . We did this same scenerio in 2014, but even with Craig in charge we managed to be 6 points ahead of County at Xmas break.

For me this was so avoidable, we have Fitzy telling everyone to follow their dreams, reality is something that we havent displayed since May. We handed the reigns over to an idiot in Stubbs, from a Chairman who took the reigns away from Rae.

We are were we are, I still follow, but this is a forum and  i am sorry if you disagree but I think we are going backwards. Our last performance was our worst performance since Livi, we have a different manager and some different players yet we sat with 3 points after 1 game and now sit with one more point from the next 9.

If I saw passion and fight I probably wouldnt be so worried, but this reminds me so much of Craig /teale shambles. Poor players, poor tactics and poor results, in saying all that we still need 26 points to match that clusterfeck......

But please, allow me to have my say, and as far as I concerned its constructive because I still hope somehow we will turn the corner. OK needs to man up though. Fergie/ Ross he sure aint

I see you've updated your 6 word masterpiece from earlier.

If you feel I'm patronising you, I'm afraid that's your issue, not mine. 

Whether the situation was avoidable or not doesn't help the current incumbent, who should get support and patience from the fans, if that's not too patronising for you. You think we're going backwards, I can see small signs of progress, and have been impressed by home performances - I'm sorry if you disagree, as you're absolutely entitled to, but it won't change my view.

It's extremely lazy to hark back to previous regimes such as the Craig/Teale shambles imo, but carry on - again, just my opinion.

Nobody is stopping you having your say. What is happening is that some people disagree with you. If you don't like that then don't post your opinion on an open forum - this is how it works. You post, I post disagreeing, someone else posts agreeing with you - don't take it personally.

2 hours ago, John Gotti said:

I take your point. I guess mine might tie in , in an oblique kind of way. Is Stephen McGinn trying to do too much? He does look like he is running through treacle at times. Who is playing in front of Hodson? Is McGinn trying to do two jobs?

Edited by St.Ricky

30 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Eh? 

We beat Dundee and lost 2-0 to high flying Livingston at home under Stubbs? 

31 minutes ago, Soctty said:

There have been definite positives in most of our home performances, if not always in results in the Premiership.  Two more points at home, which arguably we deserved, and we would have not too shabby a home record. Away from home however the wheels have come off big style. I'm not too worried about the losses at Ibrox and Aberdeen but those at Hamilton and Perth are more concerning. What to do? Change the manager? (No). Change some of the players? (Yes). Change the tactics? (Possibly - Particularly away from home).

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

There have been definite positives in most of our home performances, if not always in results in the Premiership.  Two more points at home, which arguably we deserved, and we would have not too shabby a home record. Away from home however the wheels have come off big style. I'm not too worried about the losses at Ibrox and Aberdeen but those at Hamilton and Perth are more concerning. What to do? Change the manager? (No). Change some of the players? (Yes). Change the tactics? (Possibly - Particularly away from home).

In our position it's ALL about results, as it is for all the bottom feeders.

We can have "good performances" and pick up no points and survive which most should remember was our target.

What would we prefer tomorrow night, another good performance or a shitfest 1-0 win? 

Good performances, with  results, can come later when we pick up points, which should lift confidence. 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Ok who plays upfront? We have no player that can hold the ball. I agree on Baird

Crazy shout - Baird was one of the few players who turned up and put in a good shift on Saturday, as he has done all season... a couple of errors or things that have broke against him and suddenly he is rubbish in some people's eyes.

Season after season he is picked 1st choice by every manager - they all must be daft or maybe folk with a contrary view are not so smart? He also happens to be fit more often than any other CB we have...

23 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I see you've updated your 6 word masterpiece from earlier.

If you feel I'm patronising you, I'm afraid that's your issue, not mine. 

Whether the situation was avoidable or not doesn't help the current incumbent, who should get support and patience from the fans, if that's not too patronising for you. You think we're going backwards, I can see small signs of progress, and have been impressed by home performances - I'm sorry if you disagree, as you're absolutely entitled to, but it won't change my view.

It's extremely lazy to hark back to previous regimes such as the Craig/Teale shambles imo, but carry on - again, just my opinion.

Nobody is stopping you having your say. What is happening is that some people disagree with you. If you don't like that then don't post your opinion on an open forum - this is how it works. You post, I post disagreeing, someone else posts agreeing with you - don't take it personally.

So glad you are not stopping having my say - Thanks

And I seem to remember- hold on- I do support my team . I dont boo the players but if I do occassionally decide to come on here and give my opinions, which may or may not agree with yours  Sometimes I  even get accussed of being a happy clapper... well after watching  match v Fakes I saw the worst display since Livi, gutless, clueless with one massive exception our goalie  

Its not lazy to look back, obviously you have never heard that people learn from experiences, or dont If your leaving the stadium happy with little improvements then bully for you.  Personally I have never felt good about losing and especially as it now every week. As I have said I do expect an effort.

I will give you that Celtic was encouraging, however  why did we park the bus against 10 men ? As I said OK is no Fergie or Ross is he? From that, OK set out his stall, and then fact he said in the Herald, we cant lose the first goal, confirms he has some fear, and I think, personally, this reflects in the way we play. Scared.................

Best display was against Hibs, and Celtic first half where we took the game to them. or was our best dislay against eh Dundee . Yup it was, closely followed by Dumbarton in League Cup. But the players got their wish sacked nasty Stubbs and replaced by lovely Oran.....

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In our position it's ALL about results, as it is for all the bottom feeders.

We can have "good performances" and pick up no points and survive which most should remember was our target.

What would we prefer tomorrow night, another good performance or a shitfest 1-0 win? 

Good performances, with  results, can come later when we pick up points, which should lift confidence. 

It's always about results but in our position the only positives have been our home performances and points. 

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Crazy shout - Baird was one of the few players who turned up and put in a good shift on Saturday, as he has done all season... a couple of errors or things that have broke against him and suddenly he is rubbish in some people's eyes.

Season after season he is picked 1st choice by every manager - they all must be daft or maybe folk with a contrary view are not so smart? He also happens to be fit more often than any other CB we have...

FFS- Where did I say Baird was rubbish- do you work for the Daily Star ?

I agreed that Baird could do with an experienced player next to him ......

I  can't believe they are people sticking up for Stubbs
You might think the present manager isn't up to it but sticking up for a guy who with his cahoot has wrecked and told plenty of money out the club
Really defies logic

Really you that surprised ?

We really do have some clueless idiots amongst us.

Sticking up for Stubbs and having a go at our current manager trying to sort the mess out.

Some of our support will never be happy no matter how well we are doing or who is our manager.

Witnessed it myself a few occasions last season we were flying yet some in the main stand shout abuse at jack Ross

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

So if I follow what you are saying, our worst performance under Kearney (St Johnstone away with Ferdinand, Magennis out injured) was better than our worst performance under you-know-who (Livingston at home - although in reality you could chose any game under you-know-who aside from Killie away, Dumbarton at home or Dundee at home), but the better performance away from home and minus key players out injured is proof we are going backwards?

And you called other people patronising at the same time as explaining a forum is a place where we can all express different opinions. 

16 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I  can't believe they are people sticking up for Stubbs

You might think the present manager isn't up to it but sticking up for a guy who with his cahoot has wrecked and told plenty of money out the club

Really defies logic

I personally havent seen ayone stick up for Stubbzo, what i have seen, and it is confirmed in results is we are worse than we were at the moment. Granted there wasnt a whole lot more we could do wrong, but we are worse. And its the players left over from last season (the ones who rounded on Stubbs) who are the biggest culprits.

in Stubbs nine competitive games he drew three, won two and lost four. Oran has three more games till hes had the same amount, tomorrow night for us, the players, manager and board is MASSIVE. We need to see a points/results improvement on the last manager. Otherwise what was the point of blowing all that money sacking him and his team?

Look at the league table, what cant talk, cant lie.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I personally havent seen ayone stick up for Stubbzo, what i have seen, and it is confirmed in results is we are worse than we were at the moment. Granted there wasnt a whole lot more we could do wrong, but we are worse. And its the players left over from last season (the ones who rounded on Stubbs) who are the biggest culprits.

in Stubbs nine competitive games he drew three, won two and lost four. Oran has three more games till hes had the same amount, tomorrow night for us, the players, manager and board is MASSIVE. We need to see a points/results improvement on the last manager. Otherwise what was the point of blowing all that money sacking him and his team?

Look at the league table, what cant talk, cant lie.

Exhibit One