The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

2 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Well he did spend most of this year's budget for players on 11 duds out of 11 signings... a 100% record. Has 1 of Stubbs 11 signings been an improvement on our Championship squad last year.

Oh and feel free to reply about Jack Baird... you'll find your quote on page 8 where you say he should be back up rather than a starting XI player.

Hodson, Edwards are both premiership quality, as is Willock. Jones looks promising. Cooke, King and Heaton we will only know about if they are ever in the first team.

Tactically poor again and trying to play in a completely different way from the weekend. The constant chopping and changing isn’t working.

we almost need to get back to a performance like Celtic. Don’t care if we didn’t create much as we stopped them first and foremost.

We aren’t good enough to take the game to teams.

Hodson, Edwards are both premiership quality, as is Willock. Jones looks promising. Cooke, King and Heaton we will only know about if they are ever in the first team.

Are they f**k have you watched them at all?

Only one that comes close to being good enough is willock.

Jones looks f**king awful nothing promising about him he’s got zero composure just punted the ball so many times tonight when he had time on the ball.

I’d punt them all in January if possible.

Add to that list Paul McGinn, Cammy Smith, Mullen, Flynn, kpekawa,McShane and Kirkpatrick.

Tactically poor again and trying to play in a completely different way from the weekend. The constant chopping and changing isn’t working.
we almost need to get back to a performance like Celtic. Don’t care if we didn’t create much as we stopped them first and foremost.
We aren’t good enough to take the game to teams.

Of course it went great at the weekend was no need to try something different.

The players are simply not up for a fight and aren’t good enough the more we can punt in January the better.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hodson and Edwards are brutal. Just because they’ve played at this level for a few seasons doesn’t make them good enough. Thistle fans were glad to see the back of Edwards...just runs about and then falls over.

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Of course it went great at the weekend was no need to try something different.

The players are simply not up for a fight and aren’t good enough the more we can punt in January the better.

There wasn’t a need to move to a 3-4-2-1, or whatever shape we played, with the defenders dropping deep. Structurally and tactically it was a huge step from the last couple games, and a big gamble after only 2-3 days to work on it.

There wasn’t a need to move to a 3-4-2-1, or whatever shape we played, with the defenders dropping deep. Structurally and tactically it was a huge step from the last couple games, and a big gamble after only 2-3 days to work on it.

Think he was hoping it would tighten us up at the back but the players are shite and Sammy had a nightmare should of saved both imo.

I’d imagine we will be going 5 at the back v rangers on Saturday aswell.

46 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Jones looks f**king awful nothing promising about him he’s got zero composure just punted the ball so many times tonight when he had time on the ball.

Add to that list Paul McGinn, Cammy Smith, Mullen, Flynn, kpekawa,McShane and Kirkpatrick.

FFS

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Oh right that’s good to knowemoji106.png

Better change my option then because it’s not the parting of the Red Sea

Well unless Gus and Jimmy have arranged the X factor i cant see the flood of talent. On the bright side Dundee may well be worse than us. Its like Brechin v Brechin

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

The only promising that Jones looks is if he promises to go back to Southampton ASAP and never masquerade as a footballer again.

Hodson and Edwards are both absolutely brutal.

Willock is decent and should be getting a game in midfield ahead of the absolutely hopeless Flynn and ineffective Stephen McGinn.

9 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Wasnt at the game, so cant argue with anyone's take who was there. That said Hodson, Edwards and to a lesser degree Willock have all played at a higher level, recently than any of last season's squad. Imo guys like these are being asked to take uo the slack of the Baird's, McGinn's, Flynn's, Smith's, Mullen's and unfortunately Sammy's shortcomings.

it hasnt and wont work! Oran needs to drop the players from last season, and play the guys who have a recent track record at this level or above, as well as the young players with the obvious potential. We are f**ked now, and i can see Dundee reversing our only win, leaving us looking at losing the eight games to the split!

make the big change now! Make a statement of intent to the underperformers, drop them and give youth and quality at this level the lead. Try and create a new foundation for the team that hopefully you can build on in January. Isnt that at least an option with hope, rather than pressing on with a hopelessly, winless policy of letting guys who arent up to it keep failing?

At least it’s reassuring that Kearney’s trying to avoid just punting the ball, it’s the players who need punting. He clearly knows who he needs shot of but thankfully is too professional to name them. He’s right though that January is still a long way off. The prospect of pasting after pasting until then is not going to attract much quality when the window opens. Oh woe is me!

I had a feeling after JR departed that the ST was a waste of money , and so it has proved. I'm glad I decided against one. The wife asked me last night why I wasn't at the game , I told here even if it was free entry I wouldn't have gone. When we were at our lowest ebb ever , playing in the 2nd division , we had poor players but they were organised on the park , there has been no organisation for weeks now.

The Alfie Jones situation highlights the lack of organisation for me. Firstly , v Accies , we lose big Baird before kick off and we juggle things about , instead of the obvious Jones for Baird , then v Hibs , we lose AF at half-time , and we juggle things about again , instead of the obvious Jones for AF. Now , all of a sudden , Jones is good enough to replace Baird at the back . One must ask , WTF is going on ?

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

No. I dont. However its a window not the parting of the Red sea

Thats what is going to take to turn this squad round. Similar to what Jack Ross did when he came in. 

Kearney has brought in Jackson and Ferdinand who are both big improvements on what Stubbs ever brought. Hammill hasnt cut it so far.

ALL of Stubbs signings have been a total disaster and we are paying a heavy price for it.

Stubbs was an umitigated disaster of an appointment in every aspect of football management,

Kearney knows the standard required as does Gus and if appointed Jimmy Nichol, so we need to somehow get a couple of wins before Jan, stay in touch and see what we can do in Jan. 

The problem I have with Kearney is the constant chopping and changing. If the same team that played via Kilmarnock was available last night, play the same team and formation. Yes we were beaten on that occasion (I believe down to tactics again with McGinn being put at CB) but matched them in the first half and were more of a threat than at any point last night. 

18 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Kearney knows the standard required as does Gus and if appointed Jimmy Nichol, so we need to somehow get a couple of wins before Jan, stay in touch and see what we can do in Jan. 

He/they may know the standard , but are they able to organise what they have at their immediate disposal ? Can you honestly see us getting a couple of wins before January ? I can't !

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

He/they may know the standard , but are they able to organise what they have at their immediate disposal ? Can you honestly see us getting a couple of wins before January ? I can't !

I agree. I cant see how any combination of this current squad is going to get a couple of wins before Xmas but having said that we put in passable performances against Hibs and Killie at home. Last night was a disgrace from start to finish.

I think Kearney is desperately trying to find a combination of the squad and formation that will buy him time to Jan but I don't think he's found it so far and won't !

Also assessing whole squad not just in training but in competitive matches in order to determine who to shift in Jan. 

Jan is massive for us and best I can see is getting is 11th, I think Dundee will improve under McIntyre and pull away from us.

Having said that I didn't think much of Motherwell last night either and wouldn't rule them out of a relegation battle also.

Edited by lenziebud