The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You used the example of Galileo to challenge orthodoxy by branding the religious orthodoxy of the church being controlled by freaks My retort is simply that their are science fundamentally flawed "freaks" too.

As  saintnextlifetime , I believe rightly replied "orthodox science is a religion" which you would adhere to  as if it had no heresies... Studying theology, religions and beliefs would show you this clearly...

The Myth that science has all the answers is but one example that experts challenge regularly. i.e. Science can experiment and theorise (often to be proved wrong by the next theory or adjustment) about all kinds of physical and "rational" matters (on the horizontal plane), but cannot prove or disprove "spiritual matters" (on the vertical plane) nor is it supported by perfect scientists who have all the answers and no biased views or agendas in the first place...

In evolution for example many of the leaders in their fields are currently looking for "the third way", since they know that much of Darwin's (the 2nd way) sudo science is both poor, clearly wrong, and completely  inadequate, and since they will not tolerate the idea of a creator God (the 1st way)...  Yet in the meantime we brainwash our children in our schools today with Darwinism claiming it is the best possible conclusion - even though it is a completely flawed THEORY

We all place our FAITH in something, and some of us have riskier faith than others...

Thank you.

You are making two mistakes.

Firstly you are equating science and religion as though both are equally valid. I am not even going to start debating with anyone about how wrong this is. Also, there is no such thing as "orthodoxy" in science and therefore nothing to adhere to. Your comment here doesn't make sense. No scientist ever burned another scientist at the stake for having a different view.

Secondly you say that science and scientists are claiming to be perfect. I don't know a single credible scientist who is making this sort of claim.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thank you.

You are making two mistakes.

Firstly you are equating science and religion as though both are equally valid. I am not even going to start debating with anyone about how wrong this is. Also, there is no such thing as "orthodoxy" in science and therefore nothing to adhere to. Your comment here doesn't make sense. No scientist ever burned another scientist at the stake for having a different view.

Secondly you say that science and scientists are claiming to be perfect. I don't know a single credible scientist who is making this sort of claim.

You are most welcome!

No I am not.... I do not equate religion and science as equally valid - I have pointed out that they are on a whole different plane - both at times use arguments that are not backed up by laboratory repeatable proofs - that was my point about studying Theology - Science is considered and taught to be a type of "religion" in many aspects today... my comment about orthodoxy in science was a direct quote from saintsnextlifetime and I was smart enough to know what he meant by this term - I thought that you would be also?

Yeah, not sure if 1 scientist has every burned another, but plenty have murdered others because of their views or race etc. Plenty Jewish scientists murdered by Germans using Gas - a system conjured up by their "scientists" and "ideology" 

I DID NOT say that scientists claimed to be perfect - this was the opposite of what I was saying - I was pointing out that there is NO perfect scientist - on the religious camp that is pretty true also - although they have 1 perfect guy on their side - His name is Jesus Christ... (Loads of people quote his name often)

If you are going to take an entrenched view - you need to at least have a look at the arguments and evidence for taking a contrary view - without doing this YOU cannot have a balanced view

53 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Having not followed the thread path, and in all honesty not surprised at the major tangent it seems to have gone off (like every thread on here),  I must ask though:

How have we gone from Oran Kearney interviews to science and religion? That's some tangent to go off on!

Yeah don't get too heated up - Following the Saints religiously is important to most of us ...

If OK manages to save us from relegation - he may become an object of worship or at least our idol..

Edited by Sweeper07
typo

He spoke very well indeed at the Q&A tonight and offered up a multitude of opinions on a lot of subjects from clarifying on Gus McPherson's role in terms of recruitment, to what he believes we need in January, to his own ideal game plan going forward when he has the correct personnel in place. 

Much like ourselves, he made very little qualms about how desperate he is for January to come and get the recruitment going. 

Edited by djchapsticks

20 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He spoke very well indeed at the Q&A tonight and offered up a multitude of opinions on a lot of subjects from clarifying on Gus McPherson's role in terms of recruitment, to what he believes we need in January, to his own ideal game plan going forward when he has the correct personnel in place. 

Much like ourselves, he made very little qualms about how desperate he is for January to come and get the recruitment going. 

Is that Oran confirming that all the eggs are indeed in one basket?

if we cant get a win before then he'll be recruiting purely to try and beat Dundee to the play off spot.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

if we cant get a win before then he'll be recruiting purely to try and beat Dundee to the play off spot.

How many baskets are there? Everyone is waiting for January as our squad is weak, no?

Guest TPAFKATS
No it's not.
What a wet blanket you are. You should change your forum name to the auld Scots word Grollup

11 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

How many baskets are there? Everyone is waiting for January as our squad is weak, no?

There are eight games before then, if we dont win any of them what standard of player is going to want to come to one of the relegation favourites? If even the manager has given up and pinned all his hope on who he might sign, what realistic chance will we have of staying up?

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Not at all. Perhaps if you'd gone you'd have heard what he had to say rather than taking a snippet from a forum post expressing how positive a Q&A it was and twisting it. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Were you there? What was you opinion then?
I was here on the ether t'interweb reading this post from djchapsticks.
You then quoted his post with this reply.
I was replying to your post, in relation to djs post. Do try to keep up.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

There are eight games before then, if we dont win any of them what standard of player is going to want to come to one of the relegation favourites? If even the manager has given up and pinned all his hope on who he might sign, what realistic chance will we have of staying up?

i think we are not as bad as you may think ( all be it...and i agree..the results have been against us)

but..although the results have been against us..we have not done too bad for a second bottom pre-relegated team to be fair

rankgers got lucky...we all know that

even the Hives at home they were hanging on to a 1-0

reports say we could just might of nearly maybe of beat Dundee in the last 15 minutes

Its good signs..but thats all it is..but its still good..yes?

Only ST.MIRREN could draw with Dundee and beat Hearts...we have done THAT scenario on soooo many occasions 

For now...its not a case of "keep the faith" its "keep yours eyes open and see what happens"

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

You are most welcome!

No I am not.... I do not equate religion and science as equally valid - I have pointed out that they are on a whole different plane - both at times use arguments that are not backed up by laboratory repeatable proofs - that was my point about studying Theology - Science is considered and taught to be a type of "religion" in many aspects today... my comment about orthodoxy in science was a direct quote from saintsnextlifetime and I was smart enough to know what he meant by this term - I thought that you would be also?

Yeah, not sure if 1 scientist has every burned another, but plenty have murdered others because of their views or race etc. Plenty Jewish scientists murdered by Germans using Gas - a system conjured up by their "scientists" and "ideology" 

I DID NOT say that scientists claimed to be perfect - this was the opposite of what I was saying - I was pointing out that there is NO perfect scientist - on the religious camp that is pretty true also - although they have 1 perfect guy on their side - His name is Jesus Christ... (Loads of people quote his name often)

If you are going to take an entrenched view - you need to at least have a look at the arguments and evidence for taking a contrary view - without doing this YOU cannot have a balanced view

Science is considered and is being taught to be a type of religion?

Really? Not in my experience as a scientist. Who is doing that? They must be stopped at once and hounded from their job. You usually can't get a scientist to nail their colours to their own mast. Most scientists I have worked with hate sticking their neck on the line. Everything is couched in terms which allow them to backtrack. Have you worked somewhere this doesn't happen?

Even Jesus didn't believe he was perfect. :lol:

You are going to get nowhere by invoking Godwin's Law.

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Science is considered and is being taught to be a type of religion?

Really? Not in my experience as a scientist. Who is doing that? They must be stopped at once and hounded from their job. You usually can't get a scientist to nail their colours to their own mast. Most scientists I have worked with hate sticking their neck on the line. Everything is couched in terms which allow them to backtrack. Have you worked somewhere this doesn't happen?

Even Jesus didn't believe he was perfect. :lol:

You are going to get nowhere by invoking Godwin's Law.

Last I respond - but here goes.

You need to read what I have said and take note - not base your own unbalanced perceptions or experience as if it is the reality for all.

Investigate what Theology studies teaches on the Myth of science....

Your own perception of scientists does not help your argument - so thanks for that..

You clearly do not know much about Jesus - perhaps that is an area you could gather more evidence in - before making crazy statements..

So I used a German scientist and ideology example - but there are plenty more out there... take a look at Russia when they banned all religions and crime soared, many scientists were tortured and murdered because they would not support false suppositions or "worship" the red party, China, North Korea etc. etc.

Happy research OR keep your mind closed - its your choice...

11 hours ago, saintargyll said:

i think we are not as bad as you may think ( all be it...and i agree..the results have been against us)

but..although the results have been against us..we have not done too bad for a second bottom pre-relegated team to be fair

reports say we could just might of nearly maybe of beat Dundee in the last 15 minutes

Only ST.MIRREN could draw with Dundee and beat Hearts...we have done THAT scenario on soooo many occasions 

For now...its not a case of "keep the faith" its "keep yours eyes open and see what happens"

The facts show that we are really bad. Won 1, Drawn 2, & Lost 10, goals for 6, goals against 26   - 5 points from a possible 39   - only 1 team has done worse in our league.

Ifs, buts and maybes don't count when the prizes or relegation places are meted out.

But as fans - we do keep the faith... I do think a good January could rescue us... but it will be tough

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I was there and you're full of shite. 

At no point has anyone even suggested he's given up. He's desperate to get the players in that he wants in January though. As is every single St Mirren fan. 

Your first line... just sad, is that your best?

on the actual subject instead of playground abuse, again all i hear, or read is 'the magic tooth fairy MIGHT be coming in January' what about the 24 points up for grabs before then? And what if the magic tooth fairy cant deliver?

11 hours ago, saintargyll said:

As i said elsewhere, i believe we have the players now to be able to beat any of the bottom six teams. For some reason we can't do that, i believe the continual chopping and changing of players, positions, formations and tactics (sometimes after they've been shown to work) is keeping us rooted in the basement.

if people (and i know its asking a lot of football fans) could think rationally about pinning all your hopes and all your excuses on who may, or may not join a relegation candidate team in January, and how thats so, such a pie in the sky wish..! Then perhaps we could get round to Oran telling us how he plans to hurt a wounded Hearts team?

thats the most important thing, the next points available, thats real and will be decided. Wishing for some sort of miracle set of signings in January is just that, a wish! Coupled with the fact most seem keen to overlook, that we need to get players off the payroll first to be able to afford replacements.

if we write off the eight games till January who is going to take those players off our hands? And players like Magennis who will be fully fit and attracting attention again might decide its better for their career prospects to move on in January whilst we are still a premiership side. Thats real!