The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As i said elsewhere, i believe we have the players now to be able to beat any of the bottom six teams. For some reason we can't do that, i believe the continual chopping and changing of players, positions, formations and tactics (sometimes after they've been shown to work) is keeping us rooted in the basement.

if people (and i know its asking a lot of football fans) could think rationally about pinning all your hopes and all your excuses on who may, or may not join a relegation candidate team in January, and how thats so, such a pie in the sky wish..! Then perhaps we could get round to Oran telling us how he plans to hurt a wounded Hearts team?

thats the most important thing, the next points available, thats real and will be decided. Wishing for some sort of miracle set of signings in January is just that, a wish! Coupled with the fact most seem keen to overlook, that we need to get players off the payroll first to be able to afford replacements.

if we write off the eight games till January who is going to take those players off our hands? And players like Magennis who will be fully fit and attracting attention again might decide its better for their career prospects to move on in January whilst we are still a premiership side. Thats real!

Disagree. Hibs and Motherwell have better squads than us, while Livvy bullied us last year and I think our squad is weaker than the one that went up against them.

That leaves Accies and Dundee. One we’ve taken 4 from 6...the only real letdown was the Accies game.

Suppose it’s how you spin it.

20 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Disagree. Hibs and Motherwell have better squads than us, while Livvy bullied us last year and I think our squad is weaker than the one that went up against them.

That leaves Accies and Dundee. One we’ve taken 4 from 6...the only real letdown was the Accies game.

Suppose it’s how you spin it.

Take your point, perhaps should have explained by 'Top Six/Bottom six' teams i meant the ones i think will finish there so Bottom imo will be. St Johnstone, Motherwell, Livi, Hamilton, Us, Dundee.

so between now and January we should be targeting the St,Johnstone, Hamilton, Livi and Motherwell games as opportunities for points and to catch the third bottom team. If we dont beat or take more than six points out of those four games we will be perhaps as many as TEN positive results away for us against, TEN negative results for third bottom In trying to catch them by season end.

That just isnt going to happen, and thats why this clamour to write everything off in the hope that the January transfer window will transform us into League Winning Form is complete folly. We need points now, not the hope of Jammy ones tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Take your point, perhaps should have explained by 'Top Six/Bottom six' teams i meant the ones i think will finish there so Bottom imo will be. St Johnstone, Motherwell, Livi, Hamilton, Us, Dundee.

so between now and January we should be targeting the St,Johnstone, Hamilton, Livi and Motherwell games as opportunities for points and to catch the third bottom team. If we dont beat or take more than six points out of those four games we will be perhaps as many as TEN positive results away for us against, TEN negative results for third bottom In trying to catch them by season end.

That just isnt going to happen, and thats why this clamour to write everything off in the hope that the January transfer window will transform us into League Winning Form is complete folly. We need points now, not the hope of Jammy ones tomorrow.

I don’t think people are writing things off until January though.

The general consensus seems to be that we need to stay as close to the pack as we can until January and then hopefully some wheeling and dealing can give us an extra edge. I won’t be jumping up and down if we get to January and are sitting bottom, provided that there are no more than 6-8 points separating the bottom 4 or 5.

We desperately need a win, that’s a given. Every point is a prisoner, especially against Livvy, Well, Accies and Fundee. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Investigate what Theology studies teaches on the Myth of science....

You have got to be f**king joking with that comment.

I knew you had a point to make but you took so bloody long to make it.

You could have done it in one sentence and I would have left you alone.

Another religious fruitcake wasting everyone's time! :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That you feel the need to talk to someone you don't know like that simply because you disagree with them. Maybe its just me, i thought people just showed a little more mutual respect? 

To be fair LPM........you used to be the main culprit for this sort of behaviour.You have mellowed a bit recently but are in no position to criticise others just yet.

I think most of us would take 10th right now. It's far from impossible.

Hibernian and the rest above them are already 13 points or more ahead of us and I think that gap already is too big. All those 8 clubs will take plenty points between now and the end of the season, there's no chance we'll do the same plus gain another 13.  Motherwell are shite but are still significantly better than either ourselves or Dundee.

Next couple of games are huge and both at home. Hearts are far from unbeatable at our place in their current state, and then we have Accies at home on 1st December.

Accies are at home to Celtic before they play us and Dundee are away at Hibs then don't have a game until they play Accies on 5th December.

Putting my positive hat on we could beat Hearts and Hamilton, Celtic could beat Accies and Hibs could beat Dundee and on Sunday 2nd December we could be sitting 10th, 7 points off the bottom. You never know!

35 minutes ago, HSS said:

To be fair LPM........you used to be the main culprit for this sort of behaviour.You have mellowed a bit recently but are in no position to criticise others just yet.

No you are completely wrong there, i have sought, not to casually abuse those i dont know, and most certainly not say something i wouldnt say to them in person. Its a breakdown in modern society that seems to make it ok just tomlash out personally at someone you dont agree with regarding the most banal of issues.

33 minutes ago, div said:

Hibernian and the rest above them are already 13 points or more ahead of us and I think that gap already is too big. All those 8 clubs will take plenty points between now and the end of the season, there's no chance we'll do the same plus gain another 13.  Motherwell are shite but are still significantly better than either ourselves or Dundee.

Next couple of games are huge and both at home. Hearts are far from unbeatable at our place in their current state, and then we have Accies at home on 1st December.

Accies are at home to Celtic before they play us and Dundee are away at Hibs then don't have a game until they play Accies on 5th December.

Putting my positive hat on we could beat Hearts and Hamilton, Celtic could beat Accies and Hibs could beat Dundee and on Sunday 2nd December we could be sitting 10th, 7 points off the bottom. You never know!

I genuinely thought we would beat Dundee, so following reverse logic if i say we have no chance against Hearts then the gods of football will surely gift us with not only a win against hearts, but an oh, so dodgy decision that put Avril into a tailspin. Here's hoping.

56 minutes ago, div said:

Well considering we last won our last game with a different manager and players 4 months ago, I think the bookies know :wink:

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

That you feel the need to talk to someone you don't know like that simply because you disagree with them. Maybe its just me, i thought people just showed a little more mutual respect? 

I feel compelled to tell you so as you took something that I personally posted, twisted it completely out of context to suit your own opinion and used it as an unwarranted criticism. 

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:06 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Your first line... just sad, is that your best?

on the actual subject instead of playground abuse, again all i hear, or read is 'the magic tooth fairy MIGHT be coming in January' what about the 24 points up for grabs before then? And what if the magic tooth fairy cant deliver?

Using your analogy, what people forget is the tooth fairy will be visiting more than just us and the likes of Dundee will be able to put a tooth with a  gold filling under the pillow while we're likely to offer only zinc phosphate. Not saying we won't be able to compete but I'm not hailing the January window as our salvation.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:01 AM, Lord Pityme said:

I think your arithmetic is seriously dodgy.

By positive results v negative results, I'm assuming you mean wins v losses. So you think Hamilton, who currently are 5 points ahead of us, and shite, will be 30 points ahead of us by the winter break? The only way that would happen is if Hamilton won all their games, we lost all ours and were also docked a point for having a fan that talks pish. And even then, if Hamilton went on such a run, they would no longer be 10th.

Ten positive results indeed.

12 minutes ago, Hendo said:

By positive results v negative results, I'm assuming you mean wins v losses. So you think Hamilton, who currently are 5 points ahead of us, and shite, will be 30 points ahead of us by the winter break? The only way that would happen is if Hamilton won all their games, we lost all ours and were also docked a point for having a fan that talks pish. And even then, if Hamilton went on such a run, they would no longer be 10th.

My thoughts are that we should be aiming to improve our position to at least 3rd bottom or higher by the time January arrives. 4th Bottom would be better.  I don't expect silly money to be thrown around but I have a strong feeling that Oran,  Gus,  Jimmy once he joins will be able to bring in 4 or 5 decent players and moved moved others out.  That's when our ability will be tested. 

14 hours ago, Hendo said:

No you miss understand its not that straightforward, let me explain my scenario.

at present Hamilton are five points ahead of us. If we cant pick up a point in the eight remaining games this year, and they continue at least as they have and pick up ten points we will be 15 points behind. You then have to consider the likelihood, or not, of us then winning five on the bounce to catch them... not happening imo.

so in that scenario I estimate it would take a combination of ten positive results for us (wins/draws) and the same number of negative ones for them (losses) for us to catch them. Obviously each time we record a negative result (loss) and they record a postive (win/draw) then that gap at best remains, or more likely increases.

we are not going to replicate our run from late January 2016 to season end. Thas just not going to happen, what we have to hope for is. At least one at a stretch two teams end up worse than us in collecting points. And at present Hamilton have double what we have. So that leaves Dundee, who StLucifer has rightly pointed out, will like ourselves, and others look to strengthen in January. The harsh fact is they have a board willing to put their money in to do that, wheras ours continually blows our wedge on poor decisions.

Bit of a major contradiction here by OK? Wasnt he clear at the Q&A that having a batch of loanees as the backbone of tnevsquad was in his opinion the wrong way to go?

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney has made Blackburn Roversmidfielder Brad Lyons, who he worked with at Coleraine, a January loan target. (Daily Express, print edition

his form and appearances since joing Blackburn from Coleraine look very much like the kind of pedigree Stubbs based some of his choices on?

Matchday Date Venue For vs. Result Pos.            
Squad: 0, Starting eleven: 0, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0
6 9/2/18 A Blackburn Rovers (5.) Bristol City Bristol City  (9.) 4:1  Not in squad
7 9/15/18 H Blackburn Rovers (13.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (12.) 1:1  With 2nd team
8 9/18/18 A Blackburn Rovers (13.) Derby County Derby  (7.) 0:0  With 2nd team
9 9/22/18 A Blackburn Rovers (14.) Stoke City Stoke City  (17.) 2:3  With 2nd team
10 9/29/18 H Blackburn Rovers (12.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (9.) 2:2  With 2nd team
11 10/3/18 H Blackburn Rovers (13.) Sheffield United Sheffield Utd.  (4.) 0:2  Not in squad
12 10/6/18 A Blackburn Rovers (14.) Bolton Wanderers Bolton  (15.) 0:1  Not in squad
13 10/20/18 H Blackburn Rovers (10.) Leeds United Leeds  (3.) 2:1  With 2nd team
14 10/23/18 A Blackburn Rovers (7.) Swansea City Swansea  (15.) 3:1  Not in squad
15 10/27/18 A Blackburn Rovers (9.) West Bromwich Albion West Brom  (4.) 1:1  Not in squad
16 11/3/18 H Blackburn Rovers (12.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (10.) 1:0  Not in squad
17 11/10/18 H Blackburn Rovers (8.) Rotherham United Rotherham  (18.) 1:1  No information available

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of a major contradiction here by OK? Wasnt he clear at the Q&A that having a batch of loanees as the backbone of tnevsquad was in his opinion the wrong way to go?

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney has made Blackburn Roversmidfielder Brad Lyons, who he worked with at Coleraine, a January loan target. (Daily Express, print edition

his form and appearances since joing Blackburn from Coleraine look very much like the kind of pedigree Stubbs based some of his choices on?

Matchday Date Venue For vs. Result Pos.            
Squad: 0, Starting eleven: 0, Substituted in: 0, On the bench: 0, Suspended: 0, Injured: 0
6 9/2/18 A Blackburn Rovers (5.) Bristol City Bristol City  (9.) 4:1  Not in squad
7 9/15/18 H Blackburn Rovers (13.) Aston Villa Aston Villa  (12.) 1:1  With 2nd team
8 9/18/18 A Blackburn Rovers (13.) Derby County Derby  (7.) 0:0  With 2nd team
9 9/22/18 A Blackburn Rovers (14.) Stoke City Stoke City  (17.) 2:3  With 2nd team
10 9/29/18 H Blackburn Rovers (12.) Nottingham Forest Nottm Forest  (9.) 2:2  With 2nd team
11 10/3/18 H Blackburn Rovers (13.) Sheffield United Sheffield Utd.  (4.) 0:2  Not in squad
12 10/6/18 A Blackburn Rovers (14.) Bolton Wanderers Bolton  (15.) 0:1  Not in squad
13 10/20/18 H Blackburn Rovers (10.) Leeds United Leeds  (3.) 2:1  With 2nd team
14 10/23/18 A Blackburn Rovers (7.) Swansea City Swansea  (15.) 3:1  Not in squad
15 10/27/18 A Blackburn Rovers (9.) West Bromwich Albion West Brom  (4.) 1:1  Not in squad
16 11/3/18 H Blackburn Rovers (12.) Queens Park Rangers QPR  (10.) 1:0  Not in squad
17 11/10/18 H Blackburn Rovers (8.) Rotherham United Rotherham  (18.) 1:1  No information available

At least Oran knows the player and what he can bring to the squad that in itself is a plus. 

1 hour ago, Langbank said:

What he said was long term that would be the way to go but because of our present situation we would probably have to rely on loan market this season.

Ahh! That didnt come across in the twitter Feed

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

At least Oran knows the player and what he can bring to the squad that in itself is a plus. 

I am sure he knows him inside out, but the lad has only ever played part time or reserve football. Surely we need players who are already up to this level first?