The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

14 hours ago, jaybee said:

You don't half talk some crap at times (So what you are saying is you know better and have obviously done proper research before making your obviously better knowledgeable judgement then?). I would attempt to explain the difference between Science (which is based on observable and challenged data) and  Religion (which broadly speaking is  the belief in and worship of a some type of Deity) but I think I might be wasting my time. So I don't think I'll bother.

Seriously - So all theoretically science begins by being based on  observable data - it often begins with a theory. Perhaps something does not add up in giving a full explanation and a "scientist" tries to create a way to explain it. Every now and then these explanations lead to observable evidence and the experimentation to have data that supports the theory, but there are loads of theories that don't manage to gather observable proof - so they are beliefs (theories)  that remain unproven and unobservable.

Here is a direct quote from a leading University - from a renowned non Christian scientist,    "Theories allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

Perhaps you know about hypothesis too? Just in case you want to know more, it is a proposed explanation for an observation. Sometimes these proposed explanations are later proved to be wrong - so in a sense the proposal was made from someone who "put their faith" in the idea they had about an observation. Then other people don't accept the conclusions made and go on to write up their Hypothesis on the same issues...

Your definition about "Religion" is also misguided  - it is not only about belief in and worship of some type of deity, it covers all kinds of "teaching" and interests which are followed like scientific hypothesis, belief in no God, consumerism etc.) - Here is a more complete definition for you :-

religion noun
noun: religion
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
    sect, cult, religious group, faith community, church, denomination, body, following, persuasion, affiliation
    "the right to freedom of religion"
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
      "consumerism is the new religion"

I have no problem in you calling me out on anything. I have no problem you asking me to clear up anything I say - but please don't judge me by telling me that your wrong understandings of things means that I  am talk crap?

Edited by Sweeper07
typo

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Seriously - So all theoretically science begins by being based on  observable data - it often begins with a theory. Perhaps something does not add up in giving a full explanation and a "scientist" tries to create a way to explain it. Every now and then these explanations lead to observable evidence and the experimentation to have data that supports the theory, but there are loads of theories that don't manage to gather observable proof - so they are beliefs (theories)  that remain unproven and unobservable.

Given that you lack the 14 years of education and training required to be a professional scientist, maybe you shouldn't talk with such certainty about the subject. You'd get a bit more respect that way.

Jaybee is right here. You are talking a fair bit of uneducated shite here my friend.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'm certainly not deciding either way on the current manager, just not agreeing that if we go down he, somehow, will have shown enough to be the man to improve our fortunes.

How can anybody say that at this stage? 

If we go down, and I mean straight down, he'll have had plenty of opportunity to show he can get the best from a group of players.

The previous manager got us through the qualifying stages of the league cup and won one league game from 4.

If the current manager can't save us from relegation then I fear for us as it's more than likely we'll be stuck in the diddy league for years to come. 

Were a yoyo team at the best of times & when OK took over we were already in 11th position, in poor form and with an unbalanced squad.

I see it rather like 2014/15 when people (in general) were behind Gary Teale until the consecutive heavy defeats to Motherwell & County just before the split.

If we make a decent attempt at staying up ie take it past the split then I'd be happy to see him given a chance in the Championship, if we're related before the split then probably not.

38 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Here is a direct quote from a leading University - from a renowned non Christian scientist,    "Theories allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

Perhaps you know about hypothesis too? Just in case you want to know more, it is a proposed explanation for an observation. Sometimes these proposed explanations are later proved to be wrong - so in a sense the proposal was made from someone who "put their faith" in the idea they had about an observation. Then other people don't accept the conclusions made and go on to write up their Hypothesis on the same issues...

Your definition about "Religion" is also misguided  - it is not only about belief in and worship of some type of deity, it covers all kinds of "teaching" and interests which are followed like scientific hypothesis, belief in no God, consumerism etc.) - Here is a more complete definition for you :-

religion noun
noun: religion
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
    "ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
    synonyms: faith, belief, divinity, worship, creed, teaching, doctrine, theology; More
    sect, cult, religious group, faith community, church, denomination, body, following, persuasion, affiliation
    "the right to freedom of religion"
    • a particular system of faith and worship.
      plural noun: religions
      "the world's great religions"
    • a pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
      "consumerism is the new religion"

I have no problem in you calling me out on anything. I have no problem you asking me to clear up anything I say - but please don't judge me by telling me that your wrong understandings of things means that I  am talk crap?

You ought to at least try and put all your cut and pastes into the same format if you want folk to think that any of this is your own thoughts! :lol:

46 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Were a yoyo team at the best of times & when OK took over we were already in 11th position, in poor form and with an unbalanced squad.

I see it rather like 2014/15 when people (in general) were behind Gary Teale until the consecutive heavy defeats to Motherwell & County just before the split.

If we make a decent attempt at staying up ie take it past the split then I'd be happy to see him given a chance in the Championship, if we're related before the split then probably not.

Not really as the last time we went up we were up for quite some time.

Indeed, were 11th, still are and have nothing much else to show for the games he's been in charge.

To get relegated after one season would be very disappointing. 

PS I remember the "we're a top 6 club" discussions. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not really as the last time we went up we were up for quite some time.

Indeed, were 11th, still are have nothing much else to show for the games he's been in charge.

To get relegated after one season would be very disappointing. 

Since the top flight was reduced to 10 teams in 75/76 we have been promoted 4 times and relegated 3 times - we're a yoyo team.

To get relegated after one season would be very disappointing but not out of line with our "natural position" in Scottish football.

The "next level" is downwards! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You ought to at least try and put all your cut and pastes into the same format if you want folk to think that any of this is your own thoughts! :lol:

You are not very bright are you?:hammer (You must be THE taxi driver)

So if it were only my thoughts you would say that I believed stuff that had no substance..

I quoted credible things - the definition came in that format with those colours and that font. The other few quotes, once I continued to type kept their same fonts..

If you can find the same reasoned argument anywhere on the net - go on show me then?

IT would be nice if you had something to contribute rather than swipe at daft stuff 

You are not very bright are you?default_bangin.gif (You must be THE taxi driver) So if it were only my thoughts you would say that I believed stuff that had no substance..

I quoted credible things - the definition came in that format with those colours and that font. The other few quotes, once I continued to type kept their same fonts..

If you can find the same reasoned argument anywhere on the net - go on show me then?

IT would be nice if you had something to contribute rather than swipe at daft stuff 

In other words, oaksoft was giving you a roasting so you cut and pasted someone else’s shite cos you aren’t bright enough to articulate your own shite.

Yeh, it wasn’t difficult to figure out!

default_1eye.gif

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

In other words, oaksoft was giving you a roasting so you cut and pasted someone else’s shite cos you aren’t bright enough to articulate your own shite.

Thanks for confirming. emoji1.png

You prove my points perfectly :-

1. You are not bright.

2. you have a closed mind and make no attempt to follow any LOGICAL arguments.

3. The quotes are not someone else's **** as you put it. 1 is a definition from a leading source and another is from a very eminent scientist - but you stick to your closed mindset and once again don't contribute anything of any worth... except for your support of SOFT BRAIN Hard wood fixed ideas man. (well educated and still got lots to learn)

You should watch who you follow.. lemmings can fall off of cliff tops...:double

15 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You prove my points perfectly :-

1. You are not bright.

2. you have a closed mind and make no attempt to follow any LOGICAL arguments.

3. The quotes are not someone else's **** as you put it. 1 is a definition from a leading source and another is from a very eminent scientist - but you stick to your closed mindset and once again don't contribute anything of any worth... except for your support of SOFT BRAIN Hard wood fixed ideas man. (well educated and still got lots to learn)

You should watch who you follow.. lemmings can fall off of cliff tops...:double

As oaksoft would say, wibble!

:1eye

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yeh, it wasn’t difficult to figure out!

default_1eye.gif

Unfortunately for sweeper, this is my job he is describing.

Right down to the bit about the work which theoreticians get involved in.

He doesn't know what he is talking about and he lacks the courage to engage over it.

Personally, I don't really care about his wafer thin understatding of any of it.

What concerns me is that people like him whisper poison in the ears of very ill and desperate people.

They tell them that the drugs which are keeping them alive and giving them some quality of life are the problem due to global conspiracy on behalf of scientists and pharma companies and that they are better off stopping the drugs and relying on alternative care. That alternative care can be anything from ultra-dilute homeopathc guff right the way through to prayer sessions.

Now you'd have to ask yourself why anyone would prey on the ill and the sick in this manner. Are they well meaning but gullible idiots or are they mentally ill themselves and therefore seriously unstable? Maybe they are just conmen who have a dodgy bottle of snake oil to peddle. Who knows. Either way, they should at least be strongly challenged because what they are engaging in isn't some victimless crime. Just this week, someone very close to me who has arthritis was strongly advised to stop using "dangerous" painkillers which make her life bearable and start use magnets to ease her pain. Of course it is utter bollocks and I was able to tell her that and point her at the relevant research https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/other-therapies/magnetic-copper-bracelets.php

but not everyone has a professional scientist in their network.

Anyway, sweeper isn't talking to me so I'll ask you to pass this message on:

Sweeper. You lack the knowledge or the background to understand the science you are criticising. You don't therefore understand how science operates or what kind of people you are talking about. You fill the hole in your knowledge by quoting scripture, quoting wiki, quoting religious fruitcakes or selectively quoting other "scientists". In not one of those scenarios are you quoting your own thoughts and experiences. You are simply parroting the beliefs of others. You cannot possibly expect to be given a shred of credibility amongst intelligent people.

Cheers Wendy.

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

I think that viewpoint is both unrealistic and unambitious. 

10th this season would represent success. 11th and staying up via the play off would also represent success. 

Anything less would not be and OK will be out on his ear. That's the gamble he took. Fortunately some of us have more confidence in him that he can keep us up, certainly a lot more confident in him than i ever was in Gary Teale. 

58 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think that viewpoint is both unrealistic and unambitious. 

10th this season would represent success. 11th and staying up via the play off would also represent success. 

Anything less would not be and OK will be out on his ear. That's the gamble he took. Fortunately some of us have more confidence in him that he can keep us up, certainly a lot more confident in him than i ever was in Gary Teale. 

10th! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think that viewpoint is both unrealistic and unambitious.  10th this season would represent success. 11th and staying up via the play off would also represent success. 

I don’t believe there is a manager out there even within our budget that can keep this squad up will be delighted to be proved wrong but il be certainly more than happy to see Oran get a fair crack at the championship if we go down.

Just like Gary teale left with an f**k up of a squad through no fault of their own let’s hope the new board doesn’t do to Oran in January what the old board done to Gary selling our best player on the last day.

26 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

I don’t believe there is a manager out there even within our budget that can keep this squad up will be delighted to be proved wrong but il be certainly be more than happy to see Oran get a fair crack at the championship if we go down.

Just like Gary teale left with an f**k up of a squad through no fault of their own let’s hope the new board doesn’t do to Oran in January what the old board done to Gary selling our best player on the last day.

In a normal season, you might be right, but this isn't any normal season, as we have two other very poor sides in Dundee and Hamilton for company.