The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

Not sure Dundee and Hamilton will necessarily have bigger budgets than us in January.I know they would've in July due to having bigger turnover and more spfl money, however there's nothing to suggest that they haven't spent their budget. 

Your grasp of how turnover, budgets and splf money work isn’t very good, is it! [emoji1]

44 minutes ago, shull said:

OK is correct. 

No one should have to motivate an individual or team to wear our shirt. Wearing the shirt and representing the club (any club) at this level should be motivating enough. There are guys here who are clearly not up for it and everyone of those players can go. 

Evoking a reaction from players means that they haven't given 100% and OK knows that from his words today that he is embarrassed at what happened in that second half. 

Several of these players are in their death throes, not just as premiership footballers but indeed as full time footballers. There aren't many who leave in January who will ever play at any sort of decent level again. 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

OK is correct. 

No one should have to motivate an individual or team to wear our shirt. Wearing the shirt and representing the club (any club) at this level should be motivating enough. There are guys here who are clearly not up for it and everyone of those players can go. 

Evoking a reaction from players means that they haven't given 100% and OK knows that from his words today that he is embarrassed at what happened in that second half. 

Several of these players are in their death throes, not just as premiership footballers but indeed as full time footballers. There aren't many who leave in January who will ever play at any sort of decent level again. 

100%.

Can you see any of this current squad moving on to bigger and better? Bar Magennis and Hammill (reputation based), I just can’t see it.

How we managed to end up with a lesser squad than last year is bonkers.

14 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

100%.

Can you see any of this current squad moving on to bigger and better? Bar Magennis and Hammill (reputation based), I just can’t see it.

How we managed to end up with a lesser squad than last year is bonkers.

Regarding your last sentence.  We lost Morgan and Reilly our top scoring forwards.  We lost our best Centreback and our next best Centreback from Last year is still crocked,  not forgetting Eckersley who hasalso been out injured long term.  Add the loss of Samson to Sunderland and the abscence(again due to injury) of Magenis and you come close to an answer.  However... Ferdinand,  Hammill and Jackson look the part and have been signed by OK.  That gives me hope but a big challenge ahead. 

Our club has been thru a lot in its history but for a manager to have to say embarrassed takes a lot. Livi are light years ahead in desire and focus.... hopefully the cull has already begun. Also Rogers is not at this level anyone can see that and i could add at least 5 more starters to that list.... i hope someone at Saints has a plan . 

Edited by DougJamie

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Our club has been thru a lot in its history but for a manager to have to say embarrassed takes a lot. Livi are light years ahead in desire and focus.... hopefully the cull has already begun. Also Rogers is not at this level anyone can see that and i could add at least 5 more starters to that list.... i hope someone at Saints has a plan . 

I think the last time such a reaction was drawn from a gaffer was the 3-1 going on 9-1 game down at Cappielow a  few years back that ended several Saints careers and started Magennis and McAllister's. 

It was the moment where Jack Ross realised that there were too many players in the squad who were too far gone for them to recover. That's the impression I've got from the interview. That first half performance yesterday was nothing to write home about but it was solid, organised and professional. An excellent away showing in this league for a struggling team who want to take something from a match. 

As a gaffer or team of coaches who work with players day in day out, how do you prepare for what - to most of us supporters - looked like a mass downing of tools and chucking it from a winning position? 

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I think the last time such a reaction was drawn from a gaffer was the 3-1 going on 9-1 game down at Cappielow a  few years back that ended several Saints careers and started Magennis and McAllister's. 

It was the moment where Jack Ross realised that there were too many players in the squad who were too far gone for them to recover. That's the impression I've got from the interview. That first half performance yesterday was nothing to write home about but it was solid, organised and professional. An excellent away showing in this league for a struggling team who want to take something from a match. 

As a gaffer or team of coaches who work with players day in day out, how do you prepare for what - to most of us supporters - looked like a mass downing of tools and chucking it from a winning position? 

You make sense in what you write.  When events like yesterday happens then it's time for change.  Not of the manager,  we've done that bit. We seemed to lose shape, energy and fighting spirit when P McGinn and then Ferdinand went off. Supporters at the game were reduced in numbers and reduced in their end of March "connection" with players and the manager.  Few players emerged with passmarks.  Our young left back was left exposed as Livvy piled pressure onto him.  Midfield went missing and the idea of winning second balls appeared to occur only to the Livvy players.  Not our best day at the office.  Changes are certainly coming.  Some have been made that provide a glimmer of hope, both off and on the park... But,then,I am an optimist by nature.  Time will tell. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Indeed, its time for the journeymen and loanees that are not interested to be moved out. f**k waiting for the transfer window, we have academy players that can get us through December if needs be. 

And get Erhanon in the centre of the pitch where be belongs! The lad has more quality in one toe than McShane and Willock combined.

As much as the result pains me I am hoping this is a watershed moment in our season. As much as I detest Sevco and everything they stand for I will be hoping they beat Dundee today so that we won't be bottom if they win their game in hand. 4 or 5 decent recruits in January and we can still catch Hamilton and Motherwell.

6 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I think, like two years ago, the number of loan players or those on short term contracts is a problem. Five of that team yesterday are on loan and another only signed to January. The good news, of course, is it should be easy to return them in January. My guess is only Hodson and Jones have a chance of being retained.

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Whoa careful Oran! Coming out and publicly criticising piss poor team and individual performances cost the last guy his job.

or was that 'privately'?

Telling the dressing room (allegedly) that they were a one man team last season is far worse than stating the obvious from yesterdays game and any player that has an issue with that  is clearly delusional and can leave in January hopefully.

1 minute ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Telling the dressing room (allegedly) that they were a one man team last season is far worse than stating the obvious from yesterdays game and any player that has an issue with that  is clearly delusional and can leave in January hopefully.

But is it?

since Morgan went we look clueless middle to front. Obviously one man doesnt win a league, but the deterioration in Smith and S McGinn  compared to last season is quite shocking. Seems with our snowflakes if you want to tell it how it is, younhave to do that publicly so they cant run to the chairman and the media greetin.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

But is it?

since Morgan went we look clueless middle to front. Obviously one man doesnt win a league, but the deterioration in Smith and S McGinn  compared to last season is quite shocking. Seems with our snowflakes if you want to tell it how it is, younhave to do that publicly so they cant run to the chairman and the media greetin.

Don't get me wrong whether we were a one man team is another debate....clearly Morgan was streets ahead of our other players in terms of ability. In terms of man management it was absolutely stupid from Stubbs and that was the beginning of the end for him.  If i was going to criticise the team i would do it the way OK did yesterday , not targeting any individuals. Unless the players are completely stupid i don't see how they could disagree. 

The Stubbs thing has been done to death. To me it's about looking forward. We all agree that the players at our disposal are woefully inadequate to compete at this level. Is Oran the right manager? I'm still unsure, however it took him a while to get it right at Coleraine and I feel we must afford him at least a window. Interesting times ahead. Strap yerself in.

8 minutes ago, st jock said:

The Stubbs thing has been done to death. To me it's about looking forward. We all agree that the players at our disposal are woefully inadequate to compete at this level. Is Oran the right manager? I'm still unsure, however it took him a while to get it right at Coleraine and I feel we must afford him at least a window. Interesting times ahead. Strap yerself in.

Seven years at Coleraine to win their diddy cup. Will,it be seven here?

2 minutes ago, st jock said:
14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
Seven years at Coleraine to win their diddy cup. Will,it be seven here?

If we win the Scottish or league cup within 7 years I will be ecstatic. But I was just pointing out he needs time. As he did with his previous club.

Aye, it took him/them seven years to register an achievement. Thats not exactly stunning.

on yesterday's cludterf**k of a second half, we have Oran, Rice, Nicholl, Gus, Langfield etc to put players in the right frame of mind, yet they looked clueless! Too many cooks?