The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

The damage was done pre season. The initial mess by Stubbs didnt help. You could tell early doors how bad the side was. The team that won us the league were never going to take us forward as its a different type of player required. The only thing i could agree with is that Morgan was the difference in winning the league. I actually feel sorry for Oran as the team are not capable of doing what he asks. There are very few players I would keep for the SPL from this squad. We are poor from the keeper to front. Can only hope the right players come in to save our season. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Right now we know we require a massive rebuilding job, so IMO Kearney will be given more time than the average manager. I think a lot will depend on his activity in January. Positive signs in his acitivity could possibly end up allowing him to stay on even if relegated. If his signings are abysmal or no improvement on what we have, he may not be trusted with the summer rebuild. 

Alternatively, how does this work between Gus and Oran? If the signings are pish, is it both their faults or will one be largely to blame? Likewise if it’s a good market who takes the credit?

A lot depends on January but Oran (tbf this partly applies to Gus to when he was with us) left Coleraine in a better position at the end of his time there and a trophy to top it off. Both men have proven they can take a club forward given time.

Yeah most of this. Imo the best we can hope for is that Oran can find those three or four players that can join the decent ones we have and keep us up. Would take a in off the post, tenth sudden death penalty shoot out, play off against dundee utd  win now!

Guest TPAFKATS
Danny Lennon, and before that Gus, also Smith & Bone, Fergie etc...
We didn't sack Danny or gus.
So using your examples we are talking 30 and 40 years ago.
I know you like to blame the board for everything but dont you think that's pushing it.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I know you like to blame the board for everything but dont you think that's pushing it.

Um, we sacked MacPherson & going down the not re-appointing Lennon route is pedantic. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah you are right, the board just said "you're no working here anymore" ffs... you cling on to that if it helps you.

There is a difference between being sacked (normally associated with dismissal during a fixed contract) and completing your tenure and not being offered a new contract.

11 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

There is a difference between being sacked (normally associated with dismissal during a fixed contract) and completing your tenure and not being offered a new contract.

This is the bit that fecks the bejebus out of me. They were both sacked, dispensed with, ditched, f**ked whatever. But people like you try to cling on to some other civil parting of the ways. Thats not what happened, otherwise they would still have been smfc employees,

we sack successful managers... Ross being an exception. But hey in your thinking he wasnt whoriing himself round every English championship/ league one vacancy. He was putting smfc first!

Imho Gus had to go, the football was turgid and horrible to watch. The sacking (not offering a new contract to) Danny Lennon was, on the other hand a huge mistake. What happens to Oran remains to be seen. I hope we won't be too impatient.

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah you are right, the board just said "you're no working here anymore" ffs... you cling on to that if it helps you.
It's like debating with the guy from Wishaw. You just move onto something else to deflect from being told you were incorrect.

Guest TPAFKATS
Um, we sacked MacPherson & going down the not re-appointing Lennon route is pedantic. 
Um we didn't sack gus. We gave him the required notice and let him run his contract down. If we'd sacked him, he wouldn't have worked his notice.
It might be pedantic but it was to make a point re LPM continually running down the club and board.

Guest TPAFKATS
Do players get sacked if their contract isn't renewed?

13 minutes ago, Mykey said:

Imho Gus had to go, the football was turgid and horrible to watch. The sacking (not offering a new contract to) Danny Lennon was, on the other hand a huge mistake. What happens to Oran remains to be seen. I hope we won't be too impatient.

I think Lennon's career after he left us has proved beyond doubt the calibre of manager that he was.

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Um we didn't sack gus. We gave him the required notice and let him run his contract down. If we'd sacked him, he wouldn't have worked his notice.
It might be pedantic but it was to make a point re LPM continually running down the club and board.

So did the club offer him to stay?

ffs man this is making you look pathetic 

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

He had a rolling contract which we terminated, he was paid to stay away while someone else did his job - to deny he was sacked goes beyond pedantic. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
So did the club offer him to stay?
ffs man this is making you look pathetic 
You'd know all about that.
You seem to have missed my question about players contracts.
If we don't renew a players contract are they also sacked?

20 minutes ago, Hendo said:

A lot of revising history going on here. I liked Danny, but his time was up. The last season in particular was brutal.

History shows Danny won the League Cup and gave me my greatest day ever watching St Mirren.

And the Board sacked him.