The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

the one where we secured our highest ever SPFL placing?

You are right, I hated that level of success

You will never persuade anyone that they were wrong about Danny. The fact we promoted Tommy Craig seems to be the only error they can see. Letting a major trophy winning manager was somehow the right decsion regardless of what shite came in to replace him.

26 minutes ago, div said:

The players I would expect to go out the way in January;

Hammill - wont' be extending - wants to go back down South so won't be signing for another Scottish club
Hodson - expect his loan to be cut short and he will return to Rangers
Edwards - expect his loan to be cut short and he will return to Hearts
Willock - expect his loan to be cut short and he will return to Man Utd
Heaton - expect him to be loaned out or sold if anyone comes in with any sort of bid
King - expect a mutual termination
Kpekawa - expect a mutual termination
Cooke - expect him to be loaned or mutually terminated
Lyness - contract expires in Jan
Kellermann - expect him to make his current loan move a permanent one
Cammy Smith - expect he will be subject of plenty interest in the Championship and will leave
Kirkpatrick - expect he will be subject of plenty interest in the Championship and will leave

If not all of them, then certainly most.

Think you're pretty much spot on Div.  Would pave the way for maybe 6 coming in. Need to get our recruitment spot on, but we can give ourselves a chance.

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You've gone there with Saint Cammy Smith...

get your tin hat on for all the responders insisting its all Stubbs fault that Smith just isn't up to this level!

My worry from that list is if it only three or four coming in then we will be left with only Mullen to support Jackson up front and that doesn't work. And only injury prone, unfancied Eckersley as a full back pairing with P McGinn.

in addition i expect an offer or two for Magennis, which could leave us with only one midfielder in S McGinn who lets be honest isnt the player he was last season and before. I reckon thats a minimum six short in the first team squad, so is Oran going to supplement it with three youngsters? We will get caned on a weekly basis in this league if it pans out anything like this.

We are getting that all ready. 

32 minutes ago, div said:

I'll be very sad to see him go but clear that Oran doesn't fancy him same as Stubbs didn't.

I guess they know better than us, and perhaps we're all too misty eyed about what Cammy did in the Championship to see that he can't cut it in the top flight. Dunno.

I can't imagine he's very happy at the moment and there will be plenty interest in him.

Cammy was brilliant last season, but it is undeniable that he has been poor almost every time he's taken to the pitch this season. From the early games where we moaned he was out of position, to all the other games where he was played centrally and achieved very little of note. No doubt he has ability, but perhaps not enough to be the player in this league that he was in the Championship. Maybe that lack of pace is what really affects him in the top league. Sad to see, but hope he goes somewhere he can get back playing and enjoying his football again.

33 minutes ago, div said:

I'll be very sad to see him go but clear that Oran doesn't fancy him same as Stubbs didn't.

I guess they know better than us, and perhaps we're all too misty eyed about what Cammy did in the Championship to see that he can't cut it in the top flight. Dunno.

I can't imagine he's very happy at the moment and there will be plenty interest in him.

Yes he will go to a championship club and come back and haunt us next season nothing more sure than that. 

Is it unreasonable, or asking too much to think that giving a manager 34 league games out of 38 in charge should be enough to avoid relegation?

I really dont get all the excuses made in advance for Oran about it not being 'his team' or, that he should stay in place even if we are relegated. He was given the funds to bring in three players with EPL & Championship experience, as well as apparently being given more come January.

if its not 'his team' after 34 league games, who the f**ks is it?

equally did he, or the board say/agree at his interview that being relegated with 34 games to avoid it wouldnt affect his employment???

if so then why the f**k go to all the expense of sacking and paying off one management team, then have to pay compensation to bring in, lets be honest a part time manager from a lower league? If the board had already conceded we were f**ked why not bring in an unemployed manager till season end then take stock?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is it unreasonable, or asking too much to think that giving a manager 34 league games out of 38 in charge should be enough to avoid relegation?

I really dont get all the excuses made in advance for Oran about it not being 'his team' or, that he should stay in place even if we are relegated. He was given the funds to bring in three players with EPL & Championship experience, as well as apparently being given more come January.

if its not 'his team' after 34 league games, who the f**ks is it?

equally did he, or the board say/agree at his interview that being relegated with 34 games to avoid it wouldnt affect his employment???

if so then why the f**k go to all the expense of sacking and paying off one management team, then have to pay compensation to bring in, lets be honest a part time manager from a lower league? If the board had already conceded we were f**ked why not bring in an unemployed manager till season end then take stock?

We've already heard elsewhere that Stubbsy had a clause in his contract that meant he could be removed at the end of the season do I expect OK has one two (sic).

We're a yo-yo team and relegation from the top flight is an occupational hazard, given the circumstances in which he took over for me it  would depend on the manner we went down - if we went before the split then I would tend to say punt but if we made it to say Game 37/38 of the season or made the play-offs then I'd be prepared to give him a crack at the Championship.. 

Hammill - wont' be extending - wants to go back down South so won't be signing for another Scottish club
Heaton - expect him to be loaned out or sold if anyone comes in with any sort of bid
Cammy Smith - expect he will be subject of plenty interest in the Championship and will leave
Kirkpatrick - expect he will be subject of plenty interest in the Championship and will leave
Would fully expect to see McShane on his way as well, especially after the early hook v accies.

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Who did say that quote ?

It's adapted from Thomas Edison who talked about 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

He was talking about "genius" which IMO doesn't exist but he was right about the percentages in terms of success in general.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

No he wouldnt .....

So look at Livi, Accies I mean hardly wow on paper. Dougie Imrie ??

Pep would have us Top 6 easy, maybe even top 4.....

Look at St Johnstone.................. are they much better players ? Players that coud not cut it at other clubs. Football is 90% mentality and 10% ability. A far far wiser man than you or me said that .

I wonder where we would be under Jack ? Well for a start we would not have 30 plus players

Yes he would.....it is the panto season!

Agree re Livi and Accies - but still better than us - Imrie is better than any wide players we have and would be an automatic choice each week for us.

Pep is not a miracle worker.

St Johnstone are much better than us but agree that mentality is an issue with us.

Jack Ross' premature departure during the close season is one of the main (but not only) reasons we are in this mess.

Edited by northstbuddie

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

It depends on the nature of HOW we go down.

If we go down fighting then that is a different matter altogether from a team which bends over each week.

Sacking a manager for relegation in itself is short sighted.

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It depends on the nature of HOW we go down.

If we go down fighting then that is a different matter altogether from a team which bends over each week.

Sacking a manager for relegation in itself is short sighted.

Agreed. Burnley are a solid example of sticking with a manager who always had his team fighting week in week out. Took them up, stuck with Dyche after relegation, their reward was an immediate return and a very good EPL season followed. If we go down fighting I’d be happy to see OK start the new season here.

Guest TPAFKATS

Everyone getting a bit ahead of themselves.
Let's get to January and see how things are.
Then, let's see who leaves.
Then, let's see what resources OK is given.
Then, let's see who he brings in.
Then, let's see how the rest of the season pans out.
Then... Finally let's judge OK and start a debate on whether he should manage us next season in whatever tier we are playing in.

20 hours ago, div said:

You could also make a case for Ryan Flynn or Ian McShane on the to go list. 

Christ, you could make a case for releasing almost every player on the books based on this season’s performances, including some of our favourites from the last couple of years.

That being said, with Oran’s view that the squad size needs to be cut I think the following will/should go;

Rogers

Hodson

Edwards

Ferdinand

Willock

King

Kpekwa

McShane

Kirkpatrick

I expect Hammill will go back down south and wouldn’t be surprised if we get offers from Championship teams for Mullen and Smith.

I’d keep Cammy as I believe we’ll see the best of him in the Championship next year.

Between now and the window I’d give more of the youngsters a run as I’d rather go down with them than most of the players listed above.

ETA - Flynn. Surely Flynn needs to go?