The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

On 12/29/2018 at 10:37 PM, aldo_j said:

Interesting interview in the BBC. Can finally speak his mind?

St Mirren manager Oran Kearney: The manner of it was the hardest thing to take. It's not acceptable, not good enough, and that's the big problem.

"When I took this job I did believe we could keep ourselves in the mix with this group of players and be alive in January. The first part of the mission has been accomplished and that fills me full of optimism. It's going to be busy [the January transfer window]."

Maybe Oran didn't want to publicly criticise players he was stuck with for months to come and only became more vocal about his frustrations when most of them had played their last game for the club?

11 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Maybe Oran didn't want to publicly criticise players he was stuck with for months to come and only became more vocal about his frustrations when most of them had played their last game for the club?

No Maybe's about it - that is good management..

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shull said:

Super Oran :thumbsup

Shull this is the thing that you do really well  . .  stick to things like this !

Oran, what a manager - what did he say at 1/2 time. Whatever it was its clear he also spoke well at the end - this builds respect and a desire to perform for him as well as for yourself and the team...

Keep filling the team/squad with folk who want to be here :osama

1 hour ago, shull said:

Can't help but like this guy and how he speaks about his ambition and his utter honest realization that with St Mirren "We're slightly down the food chain" in matters relating to getting players either bought or on loan from bigger clubs.

Oran you have taken on a beast of a job with our Club I truly hope that you get the success you desire you'll be hearing from the fans how it's going but your well schooled in how to deal with that kind of stuff.

May you and our clubs fortune look brighter as the year progresses..........C'mon ye saints

I like managers that are realistic and honest. I think we all do. It’s not a popularity contest, but fans see through managers that make excuses to cover their own backsides or their team’s shortcomings. Like Jack Ross, Oran usually calls it how it is in his post match interviews in an articulate and reflective way, unlike managers like Levein or McCann. In the end Oran will be judged by his results, but I hope he gets the time to turn it around and manages to do so. Its not going to be a quick fix unfortunately.

I do not wish to sound  overly elvismistic but reality is staring us straight in the face.

As things stand at the moment we are clearly the poorest team in the league.

Oran needs to reinforce the squad significantly before the close of the January transfer window to give us a chance of survival.

I do not wish to sound  overly elvismistic but reality is staring us straight in the face.
As things stand at the moment we are clearly the poorest team in the league.
Oran needs to reinforce the squad significantly before the close of the January transfer window to give us a chance of survival.

I have a good Accies supporting pal from my time in Dumfries who reckons that Accies are the worst team in the league and he can’t believe they are ahead of us.
He reckons they will do a Falkirk and plummet down through the championship .

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have a good Accies supporting pal from my time in Dumfries who reckons that Accies are the worst team in the league and he can’t believe they are ahead of us.

They are ahead because they keep beating us

Comfortably too i may add

Guest TPAFKATS

They are ahead because they keep beating us
Comfortably too i may add
I think both of these statements are true.
Hamilton are push, have Ben for a while, but manage to do just enough to survive each year.
Unfortunately, so far thus season they had the beating of us.
We are far too naive.

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I think both of these statements are true.
Hamilton are push, have Ben for a while, but manage to do just enough to survive each year.
Unfortunately, so far thus season they had the beating of us.
We are far too naive.

Until this window we were frail at the back, usually over run in midfield and toothless up front. If today is an indication of how we will fare for the final 3 months of the season I think we are slightly better at the back (with Ferdinand, MacKenzie, left back all to add to what we currently have), I don't think we'll be over run and easily outfought and out thought in midfield and think we'll carry a significantly improved goal threat going forward and link far better with our striker(s) in the final 3 months than we did in the first 5 months of the season. 

Based on that I think we should have the beating of Accies in the head to heads and should take points off Dundee and probably some off St Johnstone, Livingston, Motherwell and Hibs before the end of the season. Aside from their games against us Accies have only scored 8 goals in 21 other league games which is pretty brutal!

11 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Until this window we were frail at the back, usually over run in midfield and toothless up front. If today is an indication of how we will fare for the final 3 months of the season I think we are slightly better at the back (with Ferdinand, MacKenzie, left back all to add to what we currently have), I don't think we'll be over run and easily outfought and out thought in midfield and think we'll carry a significantly improved goal threat going forward and link far better with our striker(s) in the final 3 months than we did in the first 5 months of the season. 

Based on that I think we should have the beating of Accies in the head to heads and should take points off Dundee and probably some off St Johnstone, Livingston, Motherwell and Hibs before the end of the season. Aside from their games against us Accies have only scored 8 goals in 21 other league games which is pretty brutal!

^^^^^^ THIS...

Once our new squad get working together there will be big improvements . . .

And once the manager has options on the bench, he can play with different tactics.

It is actually a shame we played Hibs yesterday - had it been in 5 or 6 weeks time, I think we would have done far better...

A few hard weeks ahead, but I am sure Oran will be talking about building character and working as a unit - then we will be ready for those who are going to finish below us

:thumbs2

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

^^^^^^ THIS...

Once our new squad get working together there will be big improvements . . .

And once the manager has options on the bench, he can play with different tactics.

It is actually a shame we played Hibs yesterday - had it been in 5 or 6 weeks time, I think we would have done far better...

A few hard weeks ahead, but I am sure Oran will be talking about building character and working as a unit - then we will be ready for those who are going to finish below us

:thumbs2

Then we will be ready to make an impact. 

Fecking yippee. 

By that time the Season will be nearly over. 

We have been playing since July and we are still shite. 

9 hours ago, shull said:

Then we will be ready to make an impact. 

Fecking yippee. 

By that time the Season will be nearly over. 

We have been playing since July and we are still shite. 

If OK can somehow save up from the drop after the debacle of JR's dithering about with us and AS's shambolic destruction of any feel good factor

Then it definitely will be Fecking Yippee .............OK has to be given time to get a regular playing squad, we can't fairly judge him until that chance has been given.

And if that means a stint back doon a division (and I don't believe it will) then so be it.

Feb will see some improvements I'm sure albeit maybe not next week:( but let's see how we are placed end of Feb.

I know we are all deeply passionate about our club but we need to be realistic about a lot of things like the funding available to OK and the mess he has taken on and that includes some of us Fans.....

I saw the game v hibs and we competed for good periods actually thought we looked more dangerous when we were down so

I'm keeping the faith ...C'mon ye saints

We won the league last year by the same amount of points we have now. I am trying to think when we had a league of 9 and a league of 3 before. If we survive and like south seas i keep the faith we are miles off competing at this level. Thats why we have to stick and not twist. Its long term not knee jerk