The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

50 minutes ago, south_seas_saint said:

If OK can somehow save up from the drop after the debacle of JR's dithering about with us and AS's shambolic destruction of any feel good factor

Then it definitely will be Fecking Yippee .............OK has to be given time to get a regular playing squad, we can't fairly judge him until that chance has been given.

And if that means a stint back doon a division (and I don't believe it will) then so be it.

Feb will see some improvements I'm sure albeit maybe not next week:( but let's see how we are placed end of Feb.

I know we are all deeply passionate about our club but we need to be realistic about a lot of things like the funding available to OK and the mess he has taken on and that includes some of us Fans.....

I saw the game v hibs and we competed for good periods actually thought we looked more dangerous when we were down so

I'm keeping the faith ...C'mon ye saints

Don't mind him - he is an attention seeking imbecile :spud7

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Even more boring when pished. 

I will get back to sleep. 

Lovely but irrelevant emoticon once again. 

Zzzzzzzzzz 

11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

And to add. Every post made on a Public Forum is made to attract attention. 

Even your pish attracts attention but not for too long. 

Zzzzzzzzzz 

Oran's interview

https://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-reaction/2555-reaction-oran-kearney-post-rangers-2

1 penalty WTF  NOT 4

+ives passing

These places wont make the difference

Dreyer for the 1st hour great.

Cooke Hodson Rodgers injuries    -  Cooke back within 2 weeks.

3 new guys getting introduced to Scottish football

Wednesday night  -big

I like ORAN - He is definitely up for this - we will definitely improve . . .  :turtle

46 minutes ago, doonhamer said:

Great interview. Kearney clearly doesn’t need any lessons in man management, parts of that were almost Fergie-esque. Hopefully he’ll be looking out the Sambas for Saturday.

f**king sick of this "Results at Ibrox and Parkhead aren't going to make a difference" pish. They are two bang average teams and we go to play them away with the attitude that the game is lost before a ball is kicked.

f**king sick of this "Results at Ibrox and Parkhead aren't going to make a difference" pish. They are two bang average teams and we go to play them away with the attitude that the game is lost before a ball is kicked.

Shite post from you as usual they miles ahead of us, they are average but we are well below average, position dosent lie. I’m still giving OK a chance his team now, only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

I don't think that this is the attitude he takes when preparing for the game Kemp. Having said that, he is right in what he has said as these are the current top two teams in the country where few teams might expect to take points when visiting either. At home, we have given both a game.

4 hours ago, ged62 said:

Shite post from you as usual they miles ahead of us, they are average but we are well below average, position dosent lie. I’m still giving OK a chance his team now, only time will tell.

As usual? There is an ignore function if my posts annoy you. As your limited mental capacity renders you unable to debate without resorting to personal abuse, I would suggest that you use it.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't think that this is the attitude he takes when preparing for the game Kemp. Having said that, he is right in what he has said as these are the current top two teams in the country where few teams might expect to take points when visiting either. At home, we have given both a game.

Ricky, I believe you claimed elsewhere on the forum to have had a glittering career in consulting & culture change in organisations. Yet you think our attitude on the pitch comes down to what Oran Kearney says a few days before preparing for the match?

The culture at St Mirren is without a doubt one of "anything against the Old Firm is a bonus". This is not the culture at clubs like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone who often manage to win, draw, or at least compete in Glasgow. Our performances are not good enough in these games, and it requires a complete change in attitude. 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Ricky, I believe you claimed elsewhere on the forum to have had a glittering career in consulting & culture change in organisations. Yet you think our attitude on the pitch comes down to what Oran Kearney says a few days before preparing for the match?

The culture at St Mirren is without a doubt one of "anything against the Old Firm is a bonus". This is not the culture at clubs like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone who often manage to win, draw, or at least compete in Glasgow. Our performances are not good enough in these games, and it requires a complete change in attitude. 

Kemp. Let me get this out of the way. I made no claims about having a glittering career. I recounted incidents from work experience. 

I get what you are saying. I really do.

But all that I have suggested is that what he says in PRIVATE to the team BEFORE a match might differ from the version put out for public consumption.

After match comments from managers where their team has lost invariably talk about the venue being a difficult one to come to etc.

I notice that BR uses the phrase "we'll learn from it" if they have a reverse. Not a bad idea.

Privately OK will build on strengths and seek to build confidence.

Let's hope that the players and OK take forward a feeling of injustice into our next game. They lost only one goal from open play. Reports suggest that several new players got time on the field and that there were good performances from others. 

20 League games in charge

60 points available from them

52 dropped

8 ‘gained’

Regardless of playing staff, surely it would be reasonable to have expected a bit more of a yield.

14 games left as we know, let’s hope for some dramatic improvement soon.

Always surprising that people make excuses for some managers but not others.The record above would see plenty of managers sacked.

Then the ah but he didn’t sign the players/not his team:we can’t keep sacking managers brigade come out the woodwork.

We need these new guys to deliver quicker than would normally be expected with a new group.

I don’t think we will finish bottom.

40 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

20 League games in charge

60 points available from them

52 dropped

8 ‘gained’

Regardless of playing staff, surely it would be reasonable to have expected a bit more of a yield.

14 games left as we know, let’s hope for some dramatic improvement soon.

Always surprising that people make excuses for some managers but not others.The record above would see plenty of managers sacked.

Then the ah but he didn’t sign the players/not his team:we can’t keep sacking managers brigade come out the woodwork.

We need these new guys to deliver quicker than would normally be expected with a new group.

I don’t think we will finish bottom.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

St Johnstone have been beaten by rangers 5-1 this year with st Johnstone the only team getting a penalty.

And Celtic hammered the 6-1 in Perth.

Killie got beat 5-1 at Celtic park with another penalty for then.

We got 4 given against us 3 of which weren’t penalties.

Every team in this league will see going to Glasgow and getting any points as an added bonus.

Same when Celtic and Rangers go away in Europe to teams that far outweigh there own budgets.

I think Oran needs to stop thinking like a teacher when he's speaking, he needs to speak with a bit of venom when he's talking about all these decisions that seem to be going against us week in week out.

Post match interview yesterday he says he doesn't want to hang the referee out to dry, why the f**k not? The guys made 3 shambolic decisions against his team, I'm not saying shout and bawl or accuse anyone of cheating but atleast make it be known that it's unacceptable,  we're fighting for our lives and 2 of those penalties could be vital come the end of the season if it goes to goal difference. The referees performance was shocking and he should have said exactly that. 

He also says the 2nd one isn't something he would call a dive.  Why? Everyone else has called it a dive because thats exactly what it is. He should be calling it a dive and calling on the compliance officer to be looking at it. 

He's far too nice for his own good right now. Develop a nasty streak and let people know your not just here to make up the numbers.

12 minutes ago, bud84 said:

I think Oran needs to stop thinking like a teacher when he's speaking, he needs to speak with a bit of venom when he's talking about all these decisions that seem to be going against us week in week out.

Post match interview yesterday he says he doesn't want to hang the referee out to dry, why the f**k not? The guys made 3 shambolic decisions against his team, I'm not saying shout and bawl or accuse anyone of cheating but atleast make it be known that it's unacceptable,  we're fighting for our lives and 2 of those penalties could be vital come the end of the season if it goes to goal difference. The referees performance was shocking and he should have said exactly that. 

He also says the 2nd one isn't something he would call a dive.  Why? Everyone else has called it a dive because thats exactly what it is. He should be calling it a dive and calling on the compliance officer to be looking at it. 

He's far too nice for his own good right now. Develop a nasty streak and let people know your not just here to make up the numbers.

Oran is very balanced does not let his anger control his emotions a very good treat.  It's all over the media, papers  it will be in Sportscene Dallas will be hung out to dry. Oran is one smart cookie. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is very balanced does not let his anger control his emotions a very good treat.  It's all over the media, papers  it will be in Sportscene Dallas will be hung out to dry. Oran is one smart cookie. 

I dont think we're in a position to be letting everyone else fight our battles for us m8. The decisions are against us,  we should be the ones making the biggest song and dance about it. 

4 minutes ago, bud84 said:

I dont think we're in a position to be letting everyone else fight our battles for us m8. The decisions are against us,  we should be the ones making the biggest song and dance about it. 

I understand where you are coming from. Oran has said 3 penalties were called wrong. Getting angary saying something you regret later is not the right way to go about it. Just my opinion.