The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

2 hours ago, Paisleyporridge said:

Thanks. Re this ignore function please could you tell me where it is? I genuinely can’t see it.

Pull down menu on the top left of the screen.

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 20.10.00.png

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 20.09.51.png

Make sure you tick the boxes above "Add User"

Edited by Kemp

45 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oran is very balanced does not let his anger control his emotions a very good treat.  It's all over the media, papers  it will be in Sportscene Dallas will be hung out to dry. Oran is one smart cookie. 

The 'Statement'FC bigot brothers would be calling for his head. Nothing will change the result, but at least if Oran and the club throw a wobbler, then Jermaine De-Dive and CandyAss will get cited and banned.

St Johnstone have been beaten by rangers 5-1 this year with st Johnstone the only team getting a penalty.

And Celtic hammered the 6-1 in Perth.

Killie got beat 5-1 at Celtic park with another penalty for then.

We got 4 given against us 3 of which weren’t penalties.

Every team in this league will see going to Glasgow and getting any points as an added bonus.

Same when Celtic and Rangers go away in Europe to teams that far outweigh there own budgets.

Shoosh stop being sensible [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The 'Statement'FC bigot brothers would be calling for his head. Nothing will change the result, but at least if Oran and the club throw a wobbler, then Jermaine De-Dive and CandyAss will get cited and banned.

What planet do you live on?

They are Sevco players. There is f**k all chance of them being cited and banned. That would be admitting at leat half of those penalties were incorrect decisions. Then they would actually have to think about Mr Dallas.

It’s a lot easier to swipe it under the carpet. If Oran kicks a fuss he will be punished. See Levein/McInnes/Clarke this season. Meanwhile Sevvie G kicks up a fuss and can say what he likes.

40 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

What planet do you live on?

They are Sevco players. There is f**k all chance of them being cited and banned. That would be admitting at leat half of those penalties were incorrect decisions. Then they would actually have to think about Mr Dallas.

It’s a lot easier to swipe it under the carpet. If Oran kicks a fuss he will be punished. See Levein/McInnes/Clarke this season. Meanwhile Sevvie G kicks up a fuss and can say what he likes.

This......... is planet earth

you're looking at planet earth!

4 hours ago, bud84 said:

I dont think we're in a position to be letting everyone else fight our battles for us m8. The decisions are against us,  we should be the ones making the biggest song and dance about it. 

The club can make a complaint I'm all for that which is different from losing your rag on TV or in the papers that's my point. In my book it's called class. 

49 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If somone were to construct a post that was as banal, as it was nonsensical.... it would be the above.

get the tin foil hats oot.

Explain to me why Derek McInnes, Craig Levein and Stevie Clarke have all been punished for comments on referees while Steven Gerrard, who after his opening game claimed there had been bias against Sevco for years, has not faced the same punishment, or indeed any punishment?

Edited by Cornwall_Saint

There is absolutely no doubt that if Andrew Dallas' surname wasn't 'Dallas' and his father wasn't running the referees in this country at the point where Andrew was making his way through the ranks and is now a high ranking UEFA exec, he'd be running about the Racecourse on a Saturday morning.

He's a f**king abberation of a ref. His dad can greet to the press all he wants about having 'heard all the snidey remarks before' regarding the reasons his son has made it so far, it doesn't make them inaccurate or without merit. 

He's an example of rampant nepotism and the pitfalls of it. Dallas Snr was an exceptionally good referee, even if his partiality could reasonably called into question on occasion. Dallas Jr doesn't have the same safety net of ability to fall back on when his morality is correctly called into question. 

41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The club can make a complaint I'm all for that which is different from losing your rag on TV or in the papers that's my point. In my book it's called class. 

No one is asking for him to lose his rag. What he could do though is show a wee bit of emotion and vent his frustration without embarrassing himself.

Can you honestly imagine any other team in this league have those 3 penalties given against them and them to then come out and be so nice about it afterwards. Never in a million years .

His comments on Defoe stink of him not having the balls to say anything to upset anyone. It's a dive clear as day , everyone in the country can see it and he says 'it's not one I would put in the diving category ' absolute pish. Defoe deserves a ban for diving yesterday but why should the compliance officer bother if the opposing manager isn't even bothering about it.

There's a time to show some class m8 and there's a time to say it exactly how it is. He should have spoken his mind as a football manager instead of as a high school teacher. 

The guys a gentleman,  no doubt about it but we're in a scrap here and rolling over and having our tummy tickled every time a bad decision goes against us is not going to get us out if it. 

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Explain to me why Derek McInnes, Craig Levein and Stevie Clarke have all been punished for comments on referees while Steven Gerrard, who after his opening game claimed there had been bias against Sevco for years, has not faced the same punishment, or indeed any punishment?

And i can explain that how? Indeed why is it even relevant?

1 hour ago, bud84 said:

No one is asking for him to lose his rag. What he could do though is show a wee bit of emotion and vent his frustration without embarrassing himself.

Can you honestly imagine any other team in this league have those 3 penalties given against them and them to then come out and be so nice about it afterwards. Never in a million years .

His comments on Defoe stink of him not having the balls to say anything to upset anyone. It's a dive clear as day , everyone in the country can see it and he says 'it's not one I would put in the diving category ' absolute pish. Defoe deserves a ban for diving yesterday but why should the compliance officer bother if the opposing manager isn't even bothering about it.

There's a time to show some class m8 and there's a time to say it exactly how it is. He should have spoken his mind as a football manager instead of as a high school teacher. 

The guys a gentleman,  no doubt about it but we're in a scrap here and rolling over and having our tummy tickled every time a bad decision goes against us is not going to get us out if it. 

Can't agree Bud.  Oran is showing his class by not sinking to the level of others. It doesn't mean that he doesn't care. 

I would like to see Defoe and Candeus cited however.  Not because they play for the Ibrox club but simply because their simulation was wrong. 

The referee made poor calls as did his main stand side assistant and I'm sure these will feature in reports from the club and ref supervisor. 

Agree with Ricky. We won't get anywhere by whining, at least not publicly.

What I do hope we do is use it for motivation within the camp. We're not going to get any help from outside; this is all on us. 

Fortunately, that won't have felt like a 4-0 defeat and there are positives we can take from it. I hope we focus on the positives and move on quickly.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Agree with Ricky. We won't get anywhere by whining, at least not publicly.

What I do hope we do is use it for motivation within the camp. We're not going to get any help from outside; this is all on us. 

Fortunately, that won't have felt like a 4-0 defeat and there are positives we can take from it. I hope we focus on the positives and move on quickly.

AND hopefully ref's will be aware of how badly we were treated and be more careful if unsure in future.  Then maybe these kind of decisions might balance out a bit . . :bounce2

28 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

AND hopefully ref's will be aware of how badly we were treated and be more careful if unsure in future.  Then maybe these kind of decisions might balance out a bit . . :bounce2

Andrew Dallas shouldn't referee another Saint Mirren FC game , he needs to be dropped the way they did with Eddy Smith. .

On 2/3/2019 at 6:30 AM, Kemp said:

Ricky, I believe you claimed elsewhere on the forum to have had a glittering career in consulting & culture change in organisations. Yet you think our attitude on the pitch comes down to what Oran Kearney says a few days before preparing for the match?

The culture at St Mirren is without a doubt one of "anything against the Old Firm is a bonus". This is not the culture at clubs like Kilmarnock and St Johnstone who often manage to win, draw, or at least compete in Glasgow. Our performances are not good enough in these games, and it requires a complete change in attitude. 

Correct but i wouldn't use certain Scottish clubs as a guide

There's a weak mentality when playing these clubs many cases beaten before a ball is kicked

Fergie didn't believe this and we done well against the old firm in his short time with us

He then carried on with Aberdeen who just ended pumping them especially Rangers

Shitey European teams have shown they are nothing special

Just 2 teams built up by their media to make them some kind of European super powers

The greatest club game in the world bullshit

Not even the biggest game in their own island

Correct but i wouldn't use certain Scottish clubs as a guide

There's a weak mentality when playing these clubs many cases beaten before a ball is kicked

Fergie didn't believe this and we done well against the old firm in his short time with us

He then carried on with Aberdeen who just ended pumping them especially Rangers

Shitey European teams have shown they are nothing special

Just 2 teams built up by their media to make them some kind of European super powers

The greatest club game in the world bullshit

Not even the biggest game in their own island

Comparing now to when fergie was our manager.

football has moved on buddy try keep up the money in football is much more a factor now.

3 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

But i don't think Sevco are that good and teams still fear their old name

They may not be great, but they still have the financial advantage (well, they still spunk money, not sure if they actually have it)

How many other clubs in Scotland could have landed Defoe on loan, even on split wage payments?

I don’t think they are brilliant though, the fact Killie, Aberdeen and even Hearts are in close range tells me they are having a piss poor season. The only reason it’s believed Sevvie G is having a “good” season is because Celtic have also underperformed and haven’t opened up a big gap. The difference is Celtic have a lot more quality and a proper manager, and I think over the next few weeks that gap will increase. With the finances they have (or don’t have but don’t care), Rangers are still pretty pish tbh. There isn’t much to fear from them.

Unfortunately we have been diabolical, and now have a new team trying to get used to each other. In a different season we could have put up a much better fight. In fairness, we held them til late on at home, and the only reason we were pumped this weekend was thanks to their MOTM Dallas.