The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

Kearney will 'speak to' angry Baird tomorrow
FT: St Mirren 1-2 Motherwell
St Mirren defender Jack Baird was none too happy at being replaced in the first half, as manager Oran Kearney changed his formation with the Paisley side trailing 1-0.

Kearney says he will not speak to Baird "until tomorrow".

"At that point, emotions were running high," Kearney told BBC Radio Scotland.

"It was of no detriment to how Jack was playing, it was purely tactical in relation to, I didn’t want to wait until half-time and possibly leave us in a worse position. I felt we had to make that change straight away to make sure we stayed in the game.

"We were disappointed with the start, we deservedly got our goal, it lifts the crowd and we expect a grandstand finish. Our goal seemed to zap energy from us rather than give us energy. We just didn’t gather that momentum we wanted."

Kearney will 'speak to' angry Baird tomorrow
FT: St Mirren 1-2 Motherwell
St Mirren defender Jack Baird was none too happy at being replaced in the first half, as manager Oran Kearney changed his formation with the Paisley side trailing 1-0.

Kearney says he will not speak to Baird "until tomorrow".

"At that point, emotions were running high," Kearney told BBC Radio Scotland.

"It was of no detriment to how Jack was playing, it was purely tactical in relation to, I didn’t want to wait until half-time and possibly leave us in a worse position. THEREFORE CONTRADICTORY TO WHAT I JUST SAID AS I AM NOW INFERRING THAT TO LEAVE BAIRD ON WOULD HAVE BEEN WORSE, SOI felt we had to make that change straight away to make sure we stayed in the game.

"We were disappointed with the start, we deservedly got our goal, it lifts the crowd and we expect a grandstand finish. Our goal seemed to zap energy from us rather than give us energy. We just didn’t gather that momentum we wanted."SHOWING THAT I AM STILL STRUGGLING TO MOTIVATE A TEAM

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of chat over on SMFC fans facebook page that Oran revealed in a press interview that he had taken 'a year out' of teaching ti come over to us... i think this kinda of highlights the confusion, multiple ex manager back room staff and apparent lack of commitment at our club.

feck me he is on loan too..!

Career break I think.  A wise move by the man in the uncertainty of football management. 

10/10 For Oran.  

20 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bit of chat over on SMFC fans facebook page that Oran revealed in a press interview that he had taken 'a year out' of teaching ti come over to us... i think this kinda of highlights the confusion, multiple ex manager back room staff and apparent lack of commitment at our club.

feck me he is on loan too..!

It's great he can take a year out to manage a top flight club. I would like to take a year out to be a lifeguard down in Cape Town. 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

We seem to have a fair few through the door this season on 'Career Breaks'... probably means he will be toast if we are relegated.

LPM.   You may be right. What would you have done if you were Oran?  

The same I guess.  No criticism from me on this. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's great he can take a year out to manage a top flight club. I would like to take a year out to be a lifeguard down in Cape Town. 

Cape Town is my favourite city.  The water is freezing though.  I'll hold your towel for you though. 

Those penguins at Boulders Beach have come from the Antarctic. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

LPM.   You may be right. What would you have done if you were Oran?  

The same I guess.  No criticism from me on this. 

It shouldnt imo be an option he was offered, or indeed a request by him granted. Commit to the job, or let someone who will commit in. This shines a light on the Auld Boys network in the background.

the players looked like they were clueless, and changing tactics every few minutes, now we know why, Oran aint the gaffer!

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

It shouldnt imo be an option he was offered, or indeed a request by him granted. Commit to the job, or let someone who will commit in. This shines a light on the Auld Boys network in the background.

the players looked like they were clueless, and changing tactics every few minutes, now we know why, Oran aint the gaffer!

What a strange view of life.  I don't blame JR for dumping us and moving ship at the worst possible moment. 

Nor do I blame Oran for having the presence of mind to put a safety net in place for his family. 

I'm sure that his preference is to be a success at St Mirren before moving on to a bigger club rather than return to teaching. 

57 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye what a martyr you are - all those bikini's - tough gig, but I admire your willingness for the sacrifice . . .:zorro

59 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Cape Town is my favourite city.  The water is freezing though.  I'll hold your towel for you though. 

Those penguins at Boulders Beach have come from the Antarctic. 

It's mine to Ricky have been down there a good few times. If I was younger would move there. 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky ALL penguins come from the Antarctic  :wink:

Well not quite - 4 continents where they come from/inhabit

• Antarctica: The hardiest penguin species inhabit the ice shelves and rocky offshore islands near Antarctica. Resident species in this region include the gentoo, adelie, chinstrap, and emperor penguins, with king penguins regularly recorded as Antarctic vagrants.
  • South America: Gentoo, macaroni, emperor, adelie, southern rockhopper, chinstrap, and king penguins can be seen along the eastern and western coasts of South America. The humboldt penguin ranges as far north as Peru, while the macaroni penguin is found quite far north on both eastern and western sides of the continent.
  • Australia: Australia is a penguin hotspot, with fiordland, macaroni, and little penguins found along the southern coasts on dunes and offshore islands. Royal penguins can be seen only on Macquarie Island, Bishop Island, and Clerk Island south of Australia.
  • Africa: Many people don't associate penguins with warm African climates, but the southern beaches and islands of Africa are home to African penguins as well as the southern rockhopper and macaroni species.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Well not quite - 4 continents where they come from/inhabit

• Antarctica: The hardiest penguin species inhabit the ice shelves and rocky offshore islands near Antarctica. Resident species in this region include the gentoo, adelie, chinstrap, and emperor penguins, with king penguins regularly recorded as Antarctic vagrants.
  • South America: Gentoo, macaroni, emperor, adelie, southern rockhopper, chinstrap, and king penguins can be seen along the eastern and western coasts of South America. The humboldt penguin ranges as far north as Peru, while the macaroni penguin is found quite far north on both eastern and western sides of the continent.
  • Australia: Australia is a penguin hotspot, with fiordland, macaroni, and little penguins found along the southern coasts on dunes and offshore islands. Royal penguins can be seen only on Macquarie Island, Bishop Island, and Clerk Island south of Australia.
  • Africa: Many people don't associate penguins with warm African climates, but the southern beaches and islands of Africa are home to African penguins as well as the southern rockhopper and macaroni species.

Yes thanks David Attenborough

Should have said- they all originate from Antarctic :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yes thanks David Attenborough

Should have said- they all originate from Antarctic :rolleyes:

If I was being pernickety I would say they all originate from their parents during breeding season in the 4 continents....

But I was just having a wee bit fun DJ -   :wink:

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Ricky ALL penguins come from the Antarctic  :wink:

And it's very cold there.  Boulders Beach is famous for its Penguins. 

My post was backing up my assertion that the water at the Cape is very cold 

Towels there are for lying on,  not for drying yourself after a swim.