The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Let’s get behind Oran and the boys at a crucial stage of the season . COYS .

I have to say that if Oran keeps us up this season (especially if we finish 10th), that will IMO have been a greater achievement than Jack saving us from relegation to the seaside leagues in his first season.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have to say that if Oran keeps us up this season (especially if we finish 10th), that will IMO have been a greater achievement than Jack saving us from relegation to the seaside leagues in his first season.

Agreed. So much tougher to get a result in this league: much bigger gap in quality from top to bottom. 

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I still think Jack's achievement was greater. I'd given up all hope of staying in the championship,  I thought we were guaranteed to go down whereas I've never felt it's a lost cause at any point this season.

It would still obviously be a great achievement if Oran keeps us up given the start we had but I've never seen a great escape like Jack's one before and probably never will again. 

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

4 hours ago, LargsBud said:

I still think Jack's achievement was greater. I'd given up all hope of staying in the championship,  I thought we were guaranteed to go down whereas I've never felt it's a lost cause at any point this season.

It would still obviously be a great achievement if Oran keeps us up given the start we had but I've never seen a great escape like Jack's one before and probably never will again. 

I am not sure who is right on this one - both very different situations, in different leagues with different sets of players that needed to be cleared out.

Bottom line is the JR rescue gave us a huge bounce the following season - surely we are all hoping for a similar effect from staying up this time around too?

The next 2 games are tough for us . . . just hope we don't take a step back before we leap forwards - i.e. we keep progressing (it'll save the nerves and the knickers) . . .  :magic

Jack Ross took over the bones of not too bad a squad. Oran Kearney took over we had imposters like kpawaka, Heaton, Jeff King, Edwards at a higher level that Jack Ross.

I would consider Oran's achievement much better than JRs if we stay up.

Jack Ross took over the bones of not too bad a squad. Oran Kearney took over we had imposters like kpawaka, Heaton, Jeff King, Edwards at a higher level that Jack Ross.

Edwards played in a premiership top six derby match today!

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
3 hours ago, Hambud said:

Edwards played in a premiership top six derby match today!

Kyle Hutton and Gregg Wylde both played in and won a League Cup final against Celtic.

Impostors exist at every level.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 4/28/2019 at 7:10 PM, Hambud said:

We were bottom of the championship with that squad Jack inherited and came probably the closest we've been in our 140 odd year history to being relegated to the 3rd tier.

I would say that was an absolutely dreadful squad.

We were bottom of the championship with that squad Jack inherited and came probably the closest we've been in our 140 odd year history to being relegated to the 3rd tier.

I would say that was an absolutely dreadful squad.

There were some able players in there for that level though. They absolutely should not have been in the position they were in in December 2016.

53 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

We were bottom of the championship with that squad Jack inherited and came probably the closest we've been in our 140 odd year history to being relegated to the 3rd tier.I would say that was an absolutely dreadful squad.

Alex Ferguson took us from the old 2nd division (3rd Tier)  to win the 1st division in 1978 and the following year we were in the Premiership

35 minutes ago, Hambud said:

There were some able players in there for that level though. They absolutely should not have been in the position they were in in December 2016.

Yeah but not many really with the right attitude or drive . . .

Truth is there were huge issues in both squads you guys are arguing about. Thankfully in both cases, huge improvements have been made.

The big difference this time is that OK, Gus and the BOD will have another transfer window to improve us further …  YE - HAH  !    :magic

24 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Alex Ferguson took us from the old 2nd division (3rd Tier)  to win the 1st division in 1978 and the following year we were in the Premiership

Alex Ferguson took us over when we were in the second tier 1974 - 75 season ( but also the bottom tier ), and we had to gain a top six place to be part of the second tier in a new three league set up , which started 75 - 76 season , and Fergie took us up 1976 - 77 season .

5 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Alex Ferguson took us over when we were in the second tier 1974 - 75 season ( but also the bottom tier ), and we had to gain a top six place to be part of the second tier in a new three league set up , which started 75 - 76 season , and Fergie took us up 1976 - 77 season .

So my point was that we were in the old 2nd division, managed a top 6 finish to go up into the new 1st division and won that to reach the Premiership.

Whether technically we were 3rd tier or not, we effectively went up twice from at least a potentially 3rd tier...

Yeah but not many really with the right attitude or drive . . .
Truth is there were huge issues in both squads you guys are arguing about. Thankfully in both cases, huge improvements have been made.
The big difference this time is that OK, Gus and the BOD will have another transfer window to improve us further …  YE - HAH  !    :magic
For what it's worth i'm not arguing with anyone.

Nor am I belittling what Jack Ross achieved with us.

My opinion is that if OK keeps us up it is a bigger achievement than JR.

The squad that JR took over may have been in a worse of position but it was full of guys that could player at a higher level or win that competition.

I dont think you could say the same for many in this squad.

Factor in our budget in the championship was competitive while this seasons really isn't.

For me staying in the premier would always be a better achievement than staying in the championship.

Honest and fair assessment as always. Would absolutely hate to think we go into the play-offs because of bad refereeing decisions like Mullen not getting the penalty and MacK getting fouled for their goal today, but we did not get it...

Best thing to do is win well next week, and then win against Dee . . .

Just maybe's Hamilton will get a decision or two against them in these next two to balance things up . . . 

Honest and fair assessment as always. Would absolutely hate to think we go into the play-offs because of bad refereeing decisions like Mullen not getting the penalty and MacK getting fouled for their goal today, but we did not get it...
Best thing to do is win well next week, and then win against Dee . . .
Just maybe's Hamilton will get a decision or two against them in these next two to balance things up . . . 

Motherwell assisted Hamilton for their late equaliser recently and heard today they were fortunate to get the penalty against Dundee if we had Hamilton’s luck we would be safe.

• 2 weeks later...

No Illusions.

Took us a wee while to get up and running today - it was not fully in our hands.

We will be ready for Thursday night...

Every game in recent weeks has had high steaks - so the play-offs will be no different..

It is up to us to go on and prove it.

Great for Cody today and brilliant that the fans stuck with us - 

Measured, honest and pragmatic as ever . . .   the fan's the club and Oran all deserve another chance at the Premiership - Let's hope Utd buckle far more than we do . . . :guinness

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

No Illusions.

Took us a wee while to get up and running today - it was not fully in our hands.

We will be ready for Thursday night...

Every game in recent weeks has had high steaks - so the play-offs will be no different..

It is up to us to go on and prove it.

Great for Cody today and brilliant that the fans stuck with us - 

Measured, honest and pragmatic as ever . . .   the fan's the club and Oran all deserve another chance at the Premiership - Let's hope Utd buckle far more than we do . . . :guinness

Image result for STEAKS Feed our players raw meat until Thursday!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Only 2 OK signings in the outfield 10 that started last night, one of them being McAllister who had been with us previously.

Essentially, after all us said and done, OK’s best side turns out to be the one he inherited from Stubbs with a centre half added.

It cost a fortune to replace the manager and backroom team not to mention the huge turnover in players.

Yet we end up with more less the same side and we ended the season in no better position than when Stubbs left.

Sacking Stubbs after just 4 games, where 2 of them were away at Ibrox and Tynecastle, has proved to be a very expensive mistake.

I await the usual abuse from the usual zoomers. [emoji23]