The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

44 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Isn't that what you said about Alan Stubbs & the V9 players?  :whistle

Im sure it was Colin. So why miss out that I admitted i was wrong on that. Not like you to forget.  Just like you were very wrong Ian Murray.  None of us get it right all the time Colin. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Im sure it was Colin. So why miss out that I admitted i was wrong on that. Not like you to forget.  Just like you were very wrong Ian Murray.  None of us get it right all the time Colin. 

As were you!

I tend to support the best of the up&coming managers from the Scottish lower leagues even if it doesn't always work out but IM certainly fitted the bill at the time, it's more a dig at the bipolar nature of your support for our managers. I don't tend to make predictions but here's one - you'll be calling for OK to be sacked before me.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

As were you!

I tend to support the best of the up&coming managers from the Scottish lower leagues even if it doesn't always work out but IM  certainly fit the bill at the time, it's more a dig at the bipolar nature of your support for our managers. I don't tend to make predictions but here's one - you'll be calling for OK to be sacked before me.

All because i said Oran knows the player ? Well he was his manager so he knows what he can do. Oran will be here next season even in the championship.  You backing the utter shambles that was Murray & Stubbs says more about your eyes than your personality :D

19 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

All because i said Oran knows the player ? Well he was his manager so he knows what he can do. Oran will be here next season even in the championship.  You backing the utter shambles that was Murray & Stubbs says more about your eyes than your personality :D

As did you initially with both managers - Master Yoda! 

Murray was a reasonable & popular choice and got until December which IMO was a reasonable time to make a decision on his tenure - I accept he resigned but IIRC he was close to being pushed anyway. :rolleyes:

The decision to submit to the "players revolt" in August and sack Stubbsy by TF/GLS was premature, costly and has not, as yet, produced an improvement on the field and left us top-heavy off it. OK has been handed a poisoned chalice and there's already rumblings about his ability/readiness to do the job. 

Like I say you'll probably be calling for OKs head before me!

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As did you on both managers - Master Yoda! 

Murray was a reasonable & popular choice and got until December which IMO was a reasonable time to make a decision on his tenure - I accept he resigned but IIRC he was close to being pushed anyway. :rolleyes:

The decision to submit to the "players revolt" in August and sack Stubbsy by TF/GLS was premature, costly and has not, as yet, produced an improvement on the field and left us top-heavy off it. OK has been handed a poisoned chalice and there's already rumblings about is ability/readiness to do the job. 

Where have you heard these "rumblings " ? Hopefully not on here.

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Where have you heard these "rumblings " ? Hopefully not on here.

Look at the match threads - if Dundee go above us it'll get worse but given the circumstances of his appointment he should in my opinion get until next Nov/Dec before being judged - that includes relegation as long as it's not before the split.

It could be a bumpy ride! 

Murray was a reasonable & popular choice

He wasn’t a reasonable choice.

Yes, he was a popular appointment with the gullible sheep on this forum but a few did point out that he’d be rubbish, including myself and LPM.

Both of us got the usual abuse from the forum morons before they turned on Murray himself.

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

He wasn’t a reasonable choice.

Yes, he was a popular appointment with the gullible sheep on this forum but a few did point out that he’d be rubbish, including myself and LPM.

Both of us got the usual abuse from the forum morons before they turned on Murray himself.

You weren't yourself back then! :P

Anyway you thrive on abuse and BDSM!

59 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Look at the match threads - if Dundee go above us it'll get worse but given the circumstances of his appointment he should in my opinion get until next Nov/Dec before being judged - that includes relegation as long as it's not before the split.

The match threads are prone to one or two panic merchants. 

I agree with the amount of time you suggest. He needs time to build a team.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

The decision to submit to the "players revolt" in August and sack Stubbsy by TF/GLS was premature, costly and has not, as yet, produced an improvement on the field and left us top-heavy off it. OK has been handed a poisoned chalice and there's already rumblings about is ability/readiness to do the job. 

Colin like every St Mirren supporter no matter who comes through the door to be manager you want them to be successful that is the bottom line. What we need now is stability whether that be in the premiership or championship so be it. Now go get that eye test :P Is Reidy in good health these day's not seen or heard of him in years he was a good lad. 

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

OK. Should be supported in the January and Summer Transfer Windows and our first quarters results whether in the Premiership or the Championship.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:07 AM, Sweeper07 said:

You used the example of Galileo to challenge orthodoxy by branding the religious orthodoxy of the church being controlled by freaks My retort is simply that their are science fundamentally flawed "freaks" too.

As  saintnextlifetime , I believe rightly replied "orthodox science is a religion" which you would adhere to  as if it had no heresies... Studying theology, religions and beliefs would show you this clearly...

The Myth that science has all the answers is but one example that experts challenge regularly. i.e. Science can experiment and theorise (often to be proved wrong by the next theory or adjustment) about all kinds of physical and "rational" matters (on the horizontal plane), but cannot prove or disprove "spiritual matters" (on the vertical plane) nor is it supported by perfect scientists who have all the answers and no biased views or agendas in the first place...

In evolution for example many of the leaders in their fields are currently looking for "the third way", since they know that much of Darwin's (the 2nd way) sudo science is both poor, clearly wrong, and completely  inadequate, and since they will not tolerate the idea of a creator God (the 1st way)...  Yet in the meantime we brainwash our children in our schools today with Darwinism claiming it is the best possible conclusion - even though it is a completely flawed THEORY

We all place our FAITH in something, and some of us have riskier faith than others...

You don't half talk some crap at times. I would attempt to explain the difference between Science (which is based on observable and challenged data) and  Religion (which broadly speaking is  the belief in and worship of a some type of Deity) but I think I might be wasting my time. So I don't think I'll bother.

I back every manager we appoint, regardless of my reservations. Never wanted Stubbs but backed him while he was manager, and am now backing Kearney.

I am more confident in OK than I ever was in Stubbs, and am very comfortable with the bottom of him being given a prolonged period in charge, even if we're relegated as I think he has a record which shows he can improve a club's fortunes given time. 

Those with agendas will do what they always do. I'll back the manager m

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

I back every manager we appoint, regardless of my reservations. Never wanted Stubbs but backed him while he was manager, and am now backing Kearney.

I am more confident in OK than I ever was in Stubbs, and am very comfortable with the bottom of him being given a prolonged period in charge, even if we're relegated as I think he has a record which shows he can improve a club's fortunes given time. 

Those with agendas will do what they always do. I'll back the manager m

This is what I really don't understand, we sacked a manager after a short period, no need to go into the right's and wrong's in that, and we appoint a new manager.

The minimum I expect is to stay in this league when he will have 34 games to drag us into the heady heights of 10th.

If he can't do that I'm nowhere close to believing he can improve the clubs fortunes.

This is no agenda, just reasonable expectation. 

This is what I really don't understand, we sacked a manager after a short period, no need to go into the right's and wrong's in that, and we appoint a new manager.
The minimum I expect is to stay in this league when he will have 34 games to drag us into the heady heights of 10th.
If he can't do that I'm nowhere close to believing he can improve the clubs fortunes.
This is no agenda, just reasonable expectation. 

I see both sides of this.
However, I agree with a lot of what Scotty states.
My reasons for this being is that.

1. JR knew the squad that won the championship was not good enough for the premiership.
2. Stubbs came in (aware of point 1 above) and blew the majority of the transfer budget on players that were really no better than what we had.
3. Kearney came in with one hand tied behind his back (due to point 2 above) but still managed to bring players in (though not sure if he had anything to do with Ferdinand) He has the January window to do some shrewd business, but that again may depend on shipping players out before bringing replacements in (probably some of those brought in by Stubbs) I believe we’re only three or four decent players away from being not too bad a side (not top six but definitely being able to compete and beat the likes of Motherwell, Dundee, Hamilton and Livi)
If we were to be relegated I’d expect a return at first attempt, if that didn’t happen that would be the time to look at his position.

Just my tuppence worth.

8 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

1. JR knew the squad that won the championship was not good enough for the premiership.
2. Stubbs came in (aware of point 1 above) and blew the majority of the transfer budget on players that were really no better than what we had.
3. Kearney came in with one hand tied behind his back (due to point 2 above) but still managed to bring players in (though not sure if he had anything to do with Ferdinand) He has the January window to do some shrewd business, but that again may depend on shipping players out before bringing replacements in (probably some of those brought in by Stubbs) I believe we’re only three or four decent players away from being not too bad a side (not top six but definitely being able to compete and beat the likes of Motherwell, Dundee, Hamilton and Livi)
If we were to be relegated I’d expect a return at first attempt, if that didn’t happen that would be the time to look at his position.

Just my tuppence worth.

Your argument is well reasoned. I would only support it further by giving a mention to the fact that the three players OK has brought in have been better quality. 

58 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Just my tuppence worth.

I'm certainly not deciding either way on the current manager, just not agreeing that if we go down he, somehow, will have shown enough to be the man to improve our fortunes.

How can anybody say that at this stage? 

If we go down, and I mean straight down, he'll have had plenty of opportunity to show he can get the best from a group of players.

The previous manager got us through the qualifying stages of the league cup and won one league game from 4.

If the current manager can't save us from relegation then I fear for us as it's more than likely we'll be stuck in the diddy league for years to come. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm certainly not deciding anyway on the current manager, just not agreeing that if we go down he, somehow, will have shown enough to be the man to improve our fortunes.

How can anybody say that at this stage? 

If we go down, and I mean straight down, he'll have had plenty of opportunity to show he can get the best form a group of players.

The previous manager got us through the qualifying stages of the league cup and won one league game from 4.

If the current manager can't save us from relegation then I fear for us as it's more than likely we'll be stuck in the diddy league for years to come. 

Your post is a standard one from yourself. If,  but and maybe, leaving room to wriggle. 

I don't see anyone arguing that, should we go down,  that OK is a certainty to bring us right back up at the first time of asking. 

I don't castigate AS for the results he achieved on taking over,  in both the league cup group and first league game. 

He did leave under a cloud.  Personally,  I would have supported him,  but that ship has long since sailed. 

In your third sentence I assume you mean from the players at his disposal. 

However he will have had time to see if he can improve our form but will only have one transfer window to improve the playing squad. 

For me.. That's too short a time. Most of those who attend games regularly, both home and away,  sense a change in tempo and in tone around the club. 

I would like to see OK given a couple of years in charge to see where that takes us.