Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
shull

The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I  can't believe they are people sticking up for Stubbs

You might think the present manager isn't up to it but sticking up for a guy who with his cahoot has wrecked and told plenty of money out the club

Really defies logic

I personally havent seen ayone stick up for Stubbzo, what i have seen, and it is confirmed in results is we are worse than we were at the moment. Granted there wasnt a whole lot more we could do wrong, but we are worse. And its the players left over from last season (the ones who rounded on Stubbs) who are the biggest culprits.

in Stubbs nine competitive games he drew three, won two and lost four. Oran has three more games till hes had the same amount, tomorrow night for us, the players, manager and board is MASSIVE. We need to see a points/results improvement on the last manager. Otherwise what was the point of blowing all that money sacking him and his team?

Look at the league table, what cant talk, cant lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I personally havent seen ayone stick up for Stubbzo, what i have seen, and it is confirmed in results is we are worse than we were at the moment. Granted there wasnt a whole lot more we could do wrong, but we are worse. And its the players left over from last season (the ones who rounded on Stubbs) who are the biggest culprits.

in Stubbs nine competitive games he drew three, won two and lost four. Oran has three more games till hes had the same amount, tomorrow night for us, the players, manager and board is MASSIVE. We need to see a points/results improvement on the last manager. Otherwise what was the point of blowing all that money sacking him and his team?

Look at the league table, what cant talk, cant lie.

Exhibit One

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:


Really you that surprised ?

We really do have some clueless idiots amongst us.

Sticking up for Stubbs and having a go at our current manager trying to sort the mess out.

Some of our support will never be happy no matter how well we are doing or who is our manager.

Witnessed it myself a few occasions last season we were flying yet some in the main stand shout abuse at jack Ross

Funny how anybody who has a different viewpoint from you is a clueless idiot. :lol:

I also don't see people sticking up for Stubbs but if you see people concerned we've jumped from the frying pan into the fire then that's up to you.

It could be seen as clueless when people are already accepting it's acceptable we go down. 

I agree on your last point, the main reason I don't attend home games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I personally havent seen ayone stick up for Stubbzo, what i have seen, and it is confirmed in results is we are worse than we were at the moment. Granted there wasnt a whole lot more we could do wrong, but we are worse. And its the players left over from last season (the ones who rounded on Stubbs) who are the biggest culprits.

in Stubbs nine competitive games he drew three, won two and lost four. Oran has three more games till hes had the same amount, tomorrow night for us, the players, manager and board is MASSIVE. We need to see a points/results improvement on the last manager. Otherwise what was the point of blowing all that money sacking him and his team?

Look at the league table, what cant talk, cant lie.

A slight bending of the facts to suit your argument........................ let's make this an argument on equal footing and compare league results and performances. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

A slight bending of the facts to suit your argument........................ let's make this an argument on equal footing and compare league results and performances. 

 

Agreed, not the same comparing the league cup games. 

Doesn't make it look any better TBH. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are we really playing at comparing You-Know-Who's record of competitive games with Oran Kearney's? You-Know-Who had preseason to sign and build and train his own squad. He also had 'competitive' games against Killie (who were resting players and hadn't signed Greg Stewart etc when we played them in the first match of the Scottish league season), Spartans, Queen's Park, and Dumbarton. Nearly all of his positive results stem from the pre-season friendly bit of the season. All of his draws stem from the League Cup group stages... should we really be crowing about fighting back from 2-0 down at home against Spartans as a good result, or drawing against Queen's Park. Half of his wins come as a result of beating Dumbarton (League 1 opposition) at home in the cup. His only other win came after beating Dundee in the opening league game of the season where they missed a penalty, and their goalie fell over to allow Danny Mulen to score his final league goal of the season.

Kearney arrived after the transfer window had shut and little time to reshape or train the squad and has had to send some players who spent pre-season with us on a second pre-season to try and get them fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Are we really playing at comparing You-Know-Who's record of competitive games with Oran Kearney's? You-Know-Who had preseason to sign and build and train his own squad. He also had 'competitive' games against Killie (who were resting players and hadn't signed Greg Stewart etc when we played them in the first match of the Scottish league season), Spartans, Queen's Park, and Dumbarton. Nearly all of his positive results stem from the pre-season friendly bit of the season. All of his draws stem from the League Cup group stages... should we really be crowing about fighting back from 2-0 down at home against Spartans as a good result, or drawing against Queen's Park. Half of his wins come as a result of beating Dumbarton (League 1 opposition) at home in the cup. His only other win came after beating Dundee in the opening league game of the season where they missed a penalty, and their goalie fell over to allow Danny Mulen to score his final league goal of the season.

Kearney arrived after the transfer window had shut and little time to reshape or train the squad and has had to send some players who spent pre-season with us on a second pre-season to try and get them fit.

Of course it isn't a fair comparison, just as it's petty writing off our win against Dundee.

What would we give for ANY sort of win now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Of course it isn't a fair comparison, just as it's petty writing off our win against Dundee.

What would we give for ANY sort of win now? 

Pretty as it may be, that Dundee game was eerily similar to the Killie game a few weeks ago and could just as easily been a defeat, difference being that Dundee didn't punish us as much as they should have and Killie did. It was almost identical on balance, though. 

Comfortably better in the first half, got absolutely hounded from 45-70 minutes and could have lost 4 or 5 goals in that period then rallied in last 20.

Difference was, Killie scored 2 in that period and Dundee scored 1 when on top and we got 1 in that closing period against Dundee compared to none against Killie. But on balance of play, both games were remarkable in how similar they went. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

FFS- Where did I say Baird was rubbish- do you work for the Daily Star ?

I agreed that Baird could do with an experienced player next to him ......

Okay - I jumped a bit early in this sorry :oops       - but you agreed with Doakes and he wrote "something about sticking Baird on the bench" as well as other stuff.

My response should have been to him... there were other positive stuff about Baird and you could have been agreeing with that...

Am I forgiven?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

FFS- Where did I say Baird was rubbish- do you work for the Daily Star ?

I agreed that Baird could do with an experienced player next to him ......

He played as one of our best 3 players on Saturday without an experienced CB, when the rest of the team were found wanting all over the park... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
He played as one of our best 3 players on Saturday without an experienced CB, when the rest of the team were found wanting all over the park... 

Baird is the best option we have at centre half at the club.

THIS   :thumbsup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, buddies1877 said:


Really you that surprised ?

We really do have some clueless idiots amongst us.

Sticking up for Stubbs and having a go at our current manager trying to sort the mess out.

Some of our support will never be happy no matter how well we are doing or who is our manager.

Witnessed it myself a few occasions last season we were flying yet some in the main stand shout abuse at jack Ross

If it was during the Raith Rovers match, then Ross thoroughly deserved the pelters from the Main Stand.

Disgraceful management, taking the piss out of our Club and Fans.

Fecking shameful.  Should have sacked  him there and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
5 hours ago, Soctty said:

You said we are going backwards, and pointed to the away defeats. I pointed out that we had run Killie and Hibs close at home and taken a point from Celtic at home in three encouraging performances. You are allowed to take positives rather than get bogged down in all the negatives, of which there are plenty this season.

We need to start picking up points, but as long as we are competing - as we have been at home - then it's more than we were doing under Stubbs. I had the same conversations with people after 6 defeats in a row under Jack Ross. I am not in any way saying we'll do the same now as we did under his management, merely saying that patience can pay off. It's certainly worth trying.

There have been definite positives in most of our home performances, if not always in results in the Premiership.  Two more points at home, which arguably we deserved, and we would have not too shabby a home record. Away from home however the wheels have come off big style. I'm not too worried about the losses at Ibrox and Aberdeen but those at Hamilton and Perth are more concerning. What to do? Change the manager? (No). Change some of the players? (Yes). Change the tactics? (Possibly - Particularly away from home).

 

Ermmmmm can we av 11 goalies ?  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

A slight bending of the facts to suit your argument........................ let's make this an argument on equal footing and compare league results and performances. 

 

Stubbs one win in four, Oran one draw in six. Although you already knew that, right?

who the feck says its anout comparing results anyway? Its about us going through a lot of very expensive Pain, but not sering any benefit for it yet. Everyone wants us to win, if your path is to be in denial about how poor we are, then good for you.

my opinion is if we lose touch with Motherwell, then how the hell do we get back from there? Burying heads in the sand, waving the championship flag etc will not win games. Only committed players sent out with a decent game plan will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  •  
  • DougJamie
  • Saints
  •  4,171
  • 6,022 posts
  • Location:Houston
  • Top Man:Alex Beckett
  5 hours ago, Soctty said:

I see you've updated your 6 word masterpiece from earlier.

If you feel I'm patronising you, I'm afraid that's your issue, not mine. 

Whether the situation was avoidable or not doesn't help the current incumbent, who should get support and patience from the fans, if that's not too patronising for you. You think we're going backwards, I can see small signs of progress, and have been impressed by home performances - I'm sorry if you disagree, as you're absolutely entitled to, but it won't change my view.

It's extremely lazy to hark back to previous regimes such as the Craig/Teale shambles imo, but carry on - again, just my opinion.

Nobody is stopping you having your say. What is happening is that some people disagree with you. If you don't like that then don't post your opinion on an open forum - this is how it works. You post, I post disagreeing, someone else posts agreeing with you - don't take it personally.

 

So glad you are not stopping having my say - Thanks

And I seem to remember- hold on- I do support my team . I dont boo the players but if I do occassionally decide to come on here and give my opinions, which may or may not agree with yours  Sometimes I  even get accussed of being a happy clapper... well after watching  match v Fakes I saw the worst display since Livi, gutless, clueless with one massive exception our goalie  

Its not lazy to look back, obviously you have never heard that people learn from experiences, or dont If your leaving the stadium happy with little improvements then bully for you.  Personally I have never felt good about losing and especially as it now every week. As I have said I do expect an effort.

I will give you that Celtic was encouraging, however  why did we park the bus against 10 men ? As I said OK is no Fergie or Ross is he? From that, OK set out his stall, and then fact he said in the Herald, we cant lose the first goal, confirms he has some fear, and I think, personally, this reflects in the way we play. Scared.................

Best display was against Hibs, and Celtic first half where we took the game to them. or was our best dislay against eh Dundee . Yup it was, closely followed by Dumbarton in League Cup. But the players got their wish sacked nasty Stubbs and replaced by lovely Oran.....

 

 

Appreciate your right to say what you think; absolutely, but erm  would you mind saying something different for a change, it's like watching bloo*y word tennis.  Thank's ever so much.  B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
He played as one of our best 3 players on Saturday without an experienced CB, when the rest of the team were found wanting all over the park... 

Baird is the best option we have at centre half at the club.

Hasnt McLeish called him up yet?

ffs... Baird is better than Ferdinand..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:
4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I agreed that Baird could do with an experienced player next to him ...... ideally on the bench?

 

Yes, but could he give you six months for being a Dork? B) BTW Dork is a yufamism for summit else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baird is the best option we have at centre half at the club.
Hasnt McLeish called him up yet?
ffs... Baird is better than Ferdinand..?
I've put the 2 posts together so you can see once again what I posted and not what you think you were commenting on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Okay - I jumped a bit early in this sorry :oops       - but you agreed with Doakes and he wrote "something about sticking Baird on the bench" as well as other stuff.

My response should have been to him... there were other positive stuff about Baird and you could have been agreeing with that...

Am I forgiven?  

Admit ur a fanny as well and we move on:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stubbs one win in four, Oran one draw in six. Although you already knew that, right?

who the feck says its anout comparing results anyway? Its about us going through a lot of very expensive Pain, but not sering any benefit for it yet. Everyone wants us to win, if your path is to be in denial about how poor we are, then good for you.

my opinion is if we lose touch with Motherwell, then how the hell do we get back from there? Burying heads in the sand, waving the championship flag etc will not win games. Only committed players sent out with a decent game plan will.

Just one other point our present manager was passed on by our BOD... 5 months ago. Just a fact :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The fantasies you have to construct when you force an underperforming manager out the door and his replacement is unable to improve results are truly bizarre.

 

 

Whereas your solution was to keep the first underperforming  manager unperforming all the way through until December? Kpekawa, Coulson, Jones, and Brock-Madsen would still be starting every game and we wouldn't have signed Ferdinand, Hammil or Jackson.

Do you think we would have taken a point off Celtic at home if you-know-who was still manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...