The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, The Original 59er said:

I'm genuinely perplexed by the apparent negativity that LPM and BtheB  show for our present Manager.

Yes the results aren't good, and in some cases it is apparent that we are being overwhelmed by the opposition, but other than going 7-2-1 and "parking the so-called bus" he can only go with what he has to try and turn it around.

If you have ever been in management of any kind, there is one simple rule, don't come in and alienate the staff that you have to work with. If they are poor at what they do, you have to find a way to get the best out of them, encourage and support and yet at the same time gain respect and try to inspire them.

The tone of your posts tend to suggest that OK shouldn't be given the time nor the courtesy of patience to try and work a minor miracle, and even then if he fails, be given much further time to re-build and give our supporters what they crave, a team that can survive at this level.

We can not as a club continue to keep turning managers over like a vegetable patch that needs renewal every year, and the only solution to this is to appoint someone who can work within our financial and management constraints and at the same time has built up some kind of reputation for developing players and getting the best out of the men in front of him. JR had that and it is apparent OK also has that, if any of the positive comments made by his previous charges and supporters are anything to go by.

Don't worry. Gordon Scott's on the case. He's already employed our next manager.

I dont like the fact that he seems to have taken the approach from day one in his interviews that the squad are "used to being down here" and that the atmosphere is understandably negative.

This is a core squad of players who had been on title winning form for the previous 18 months. We had one bad month prior to OK coming in but in the grand scheme of things there shouldn't have been any doom and gloom.

Things have just snowballed since OK has came in and we are now in an absolutely dire situation. 

I'm am sticking behind him till after January. He deserves the window at least. Here's hoping Nichol can give the place a bit of a lift.

Edited by LargsBud

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

I dont like the fact that he seems to have taken the approach from day one in his interviews that the squad are "used to being down here" and that the atmosphere is understandably negative.

This is a core squad of players who had been on title winning form for the previous 18 months. We had one bad month prior to OK coming in but in the grand scheme of things there shouldn't have been any doom and gloom.

Things have just snowballed since OK has came in and we are now in an absolutely dire situation. 

I'm am sticking behind him till after January. He deserves the window at least. Here's hoping Nichol can give the place a bit of a lift.

Gave you a like mate. One thing I have learned  crack 12 eggs into a bowl crack the 13th bad egg it will spoil the rest of the eggs. My many years on this planet has tought me one of the best things I have learned.  It's a hard situation we are in. One thing important to me is stability in management for the next few years Oran for me given time will turn us around up or down but he needs time. Oran has the t-shirt and wrote the book. 

I have one worry but I am going to keep that to myself. 

Genuine question?

given that, for the most part posters seem to be saying 'Give Oran a transfer window' in essence almost a full season then, before judging him.

and, it was obvious Oran could never do anything with this squad.

how many posters were saying these things during and in the days after his appointment? I am struggling to find a groundswell of thst opinion at the time from fans or board. In fact the opposite is more the case!

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Gave you a like mate. One thing I have learned  crack 12 eggs into a bowl crack the 13th bad egg it will spoil the rest of the eggs. My many years on this planet has tought me one of the best things I have learned.  It's a hard situation we are in. One thing important to me is stability in management for the next few years Oran for me given time will turn us around up or down but he needs time. Oran has the t-shirt and wrote the book. 

Never buy 13 eggs!

just like numbers on football shirts 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16...

10 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not for managing a F/T Scottish club!

OK has wandered into a proper mess and deserves to be given time & a relegation before he is judged - say a year hence. I'd say a target of having us in a play-off position (in the Championship).  

As the song says, there may be trouble ahead!

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Not for managing a F/T Scottish club!

OK has wandered into a proper mess and deserves to be given time & a relegation before he is judged - say a year hence. I'd say a target of having us in a play-off position.  

As the song says, there may be trouble ahead!

My money is on after the Dundee game if we lose.  Nerves and low tolerance will feed from the stands onto the players. Hope I'm wrong. 

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not making out McGinn is due any undue criticism, just sick fed up with people making out he has an injury to excuse his poor form, and he clearly isn't alone. 

Back to what I believe is called post building .

Steven McGinn will know, better than any of us, that his form has dipped. 

Aches and Pains appropriate to his age and stage in his career and having had knee surgery at Watford followed by there's no issue there at the minute isn't exactly a glowing endorsement of his fitness.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Irony. :lol:

People have mixed views on McGinn, as they are entitled to have. Whatever the explanation, his firm has dipped. I doubt he will be happy with it. One thing I would not doubt is his commitment. Perhaps, as some suggest, a little too committed if his aches and pains and knee surgery are impacting adversely on him. I don't know the full situation but can handle others having different views.

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I think we should start a poll to see if we can work out what your worry is. 

12 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The best thing you have learned in your long life is that if you have a bowl of 12 cracked eggs, adding a bad egg will ruin the lot? 

Did I read that properly? :lol:

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The best thing you have learned in your long life is that if you have a bowl of 12 cracked eggs, adding a bad egg will ruin the lot? 

Did I read that properly? :lol:

Not like you to read things in the wrong context. To be honest you are not very good at trying to be smug. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not like you to read things in the wrong context. To be honest you are not very good at trying to be smug. 

To be fair I pretty much quoted you verbatim.

Stop posting when you are drunk.

Smug? Moi? For asking a question?

Edited by oaksoft

34 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

A self proclaimed intellectual above all else. Your having a laugh time you came off your white stallion. 

I'm not self-proclaimed. I have many certificates, prizes, a PhD, a couple of degrees and years of study to prove it. Quite a number of academic publications as well. :lol:

You can accuse me of many things but being a self proclaimed intellectual isn't one of them.

You saw evidence of it when I answered your quantum mechanics question on the other thread.

You weren't criticising my intelligence then were you?

Anyway, given that you can't be trusted to wipe your own arse properly without adult supervision and have the intelligence of a cabbage, you are the very last person on this forum who should be talking about the intellectual ability of anyone else. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not self-proclaimed. I have many certificates, prizes, a PhD, a couple of degrees and years of study to prove it. Quite a number of academic publications as well. :lol:

You can accuse me of many things but being a self proclaimed intellectual isn't one of them.

You saw evidence of it when I answered your quantum mechanics question on the other thread.

You weren't criticising my intelligence then were you?

People who throw stones at glass houses and all that. I don't have any issue with you. I'm sure if I met you we would get on. Let's move on and hope we get a result tomorrow that will give us a lift. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

People who throw stones at glass houses and all that. I don't have any issue with you. I'm sure if I met you we would get on. Let's move on and hope we get a result tomorrow that will give us a lift. 

WTF are you wittering on about? I wouldn't try telling you how to go about cooking food in your restaurant but you feel qualified to judge my intellectual ability after I took the time to help you out on the other thread?

You are behaving like a twat over this and you know it.

I don't have a problem over you or anyone else on here with one or two exceptions but we move on when you stop throwing shit at me.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

WTF are you wittering on about? I wouldn't try telling you how to go about cooking food in your restaurant but you feel qualified to judge my intellectual ability after I took the time to help you out on the other thread?

You are behaving like a twat over this and you know it.

I don't have a problem over you or anyone else on here with one or two exceptions but we move on when you stop throwing shit at me.

^^^^^^Having a wee tantrum. :wink: