The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

I know that and Sellic in that regard are out of our reach

But i don't think Sevco are that good and teams still fear their old name

Turns out that they beat Celtic during the last match between the two . . .so how does that fit your theory?

:cheers

11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Turns out that they beat Celtic during the last match between the two . . .so how does that fit your theory?

Was that the game where Morelos could have been sent off 3 times but wasn't even booked and the SFA decided afterwards it was impossible to cite him for his 3 red card offences as the referee had seen each one and decided none of them were worth a yellow card or even a talking to?

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

A one off derby result for Rangers doesn't stand up to Celtic winning the first domestic trophy of the season, being six points ahead in the league and still being in Europe. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

A one off derby result doesn't make Rangers stand up to Celtic winning the first domestic trophy of the season, being six points ahead in the league and still being in Europe. 

1 hour ago Bud the baker said

A one off derby result doesn't make Rangers stand up to Celtic winning the first domestic trophy of the season, being six points ahead in the league and still being in Europe. 

I never said it did?

14 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

But i don't think Sevco are that good

They were good enough to beat Celtic recently - that is all I claimed, apart from they have the 2nd biggest budget and a large squad of players who are far better than we have.

Given that WC claimed they were not that good - they are sitting 2nd in the league - that is a long way above us

Then he blew his argument further by saying we drew with Sellic but "Sevco are not that good" despite having beaten the Sellic that we drew with. 

Edited by Sweeper07

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I never said it did?

You challenged his assertion that Celtic were a far stronger team by referring to one result in a derby match so I insist  you did and that arguing otherwise is just semantics - PS WTF have you done to the formatting?.

They were good enough to beat Celtic recently - that is all I claimed, apart from they have the 2nd biggest budget and a large squad of players far better than we do.

Given that WC claimed they were not that good - they are sitting 2nd in the league - that is a long way above us

Then he blew his argument further by saying we drew with Sellic but "Sevco are not that good". 

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

You clearly have not followed the arguments from the beginning . . . Sh :hammer

The argument (sic) began when you highlighted and challenged the following portion of windae cleaner's post 

You challenged it on the basis of one OF derby result out of the approximately 35-40 games each team has played so far this season - a weak argument and if you had any sense you'd stop posting for a day or do.

24 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The argument (sic) began when you highlighted and challenged the following portion of windae cleaner's post 

You challenged it on the basis of one OF derby result out of the approximately 35-40 games each team has played so far this season - a weak argument and if you had any sense you'd stop posting for a day or do.

Not sure why this is such a big deal to you or why you might agree with WC who thinks that "Sellic are good and Sevco are not" - but they are only 6 points between them after 24 league games - it is not a huge margin... He also used a 1 game against us in his argument stream . . so hey ho!

SO all I was challenging was the idea that 1 of them was good and the other was not - which I do not think is true. (Just an opinion)

You don't like my posts - fine put me on ignore and I will be fine with that too . . . :hatman

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure why this is such a big deal to you or why you might agree with WC who thinks that "Sellic are good and Sevco are not" - but they are only 6 points between them after 24 league games - it is not a huge margin... He also used a 1 game against us in his argument stream . . so hey ho!

SO all I was challenging was the idea that 1 of them was good and the other was not - which I do not think is true. (Just an opinion)

You don't like my posts - fine put me on ignore and I will be fine with that too . . . :hatman

Sellic are good and Sevco are not that good - that's (sic) what windae cleaner actually said and missing a coupla words out to try and change the meaning is a bit naughty!

I've got nobody I "on ignore" never had, never will and I'll continue to comment on any post I want - that;s what the forum is about.

PS - As I mentioned (and you haven't) Celtic also won the League Cup and are still in Europe while Rangers are out - I'd say that makes them a far stronger team (Just an opinion). 

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Perfectly honest going by European standard the pair are keech

Even the lower level teams make them really struggle

Their mentality is a lot stronger than Scottish clubs

Like Hugh Keevins remarked St Mirren are only there to make up the numbers when playing the gruesome twosome

That's the mindset that exists and the majority of results will continue if we keep it going

Playing 5 at the back you can smell the fear right away and no surprise we lose the early goal as we have started on the back foot

16 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sellic are good and Sevco are not that good - that's (sic) what windae cleaner actually said and missing a coupla words out to try and change the meaning is a bit naughty!

I've got nobody I "on ignore" never had, never will and I'll continue to comment on any post I want - that;s what the forum is about.

PS - As I mentioned (and you haven't) Celtic also won the League Cup and are still in Europe while Rangers are out - I'd say that makes them a far stronger team (Just an opinion). 

Final go at this for me - I have better things to spend my time on that this nonsense :-

WC's words were   

But i don't think Sevco are that good                                           THIS IS A DIRECT CUT AND PASTE - no missing words or inaccurate quoting...

6 points between them and a victory over them just a few weeks ago supports my opinion that they are no so far behind Sellic as WC may have suggested in his opinion. . Just as you use how they have performed in Europe to support your opinion

Great - all 3 of us have opinions - Happy Days . . . enjoy the rest of your week

You last line I highlighted - that is why I will keep making my posts too . . . 

36 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

But i don't think Sevco are that good                                           THIS IS A DIRECT CUT AND PASTE - no missing words or inaccurate quoting...

Yeah but it's not what you quoted in your previous post which is the salient fact, you omitted the words "that good" to change the meaning - nice to see you quote WC in full this time but it's irrelevant after I pointed out the reason for their omission in your last post!

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

The difference is I never questioned your motives for posting or requested you to put me on ignore.

Oh, and the reason I agreed with WC was because he was correct! 

Edited by Bud the Baker

49 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

Perfectly honest going by European standard the pair are keech

Even the lower level teams make them really struggle

Their mentality is a lot stronger than Scottish clubs

Like Hugh Keevins remarked St Mirren are only there to make up the numbers when playing the gruesome twosome

That's the mindset that exists and the majority of results will continue if we keep it going

Playing 5 at the back you can smell the fear right away and no surprise we lose the early goal as we have started on the back foot

Agree on mindset the inferiority complex regarding none old firm clubs is huge. I would rather see my team really going for it than sitting back with causation. 

34 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Some on here need a good reality check and stop talking utter shite.

We’re sitting bottom of the table and they are talking about how we should be going toe to toe with teams that dwarf our budget.

You should heed your own advice.

So far as I can see, no-one on here is advocating all out frontal attack - thus leaving ourselves exposed in defence.

Our glaring weakness, compared to teams around us and in a similar financial state, is that we do not compete in the middle of the park - we get continually out-muscled and out-fought in midfield and then retreat to our own 18 yard box before putting in a tackle.

At least we might now, with the January signings, be better equipped to hit on the break if we do actually manage to win the ball in the midfield.

The mindset of defending as deep as we have been doing in the first half of the season is just inviting the inevitable.

Edited by northstbuddie

You should heed your own advice.
So far as I can see, no-one on here is advocating all out frontal attack - thus leaving ourselves exposed in defence.
Our glaring weakness, compared to teams around us and in a similar financial state, is that we do not compete in the middle of the park - we get continually out-muscled and out-fought in midfield and then retreat to our own 18 yard box before putting in a tackle.
At least we might now, with the January signings, be better equipped to hit on the break if we do actually manage to win the ball in the midfield.
The mindset of defending as deep as we have been doing in the first half of the season is just inviting the inevitable.

Lol slight change in subject I’m talking about the ugly sisters not about competing with teams in a similar financial state which others are advocating we treat both the same.

Also our glaring weakness this season has been defending set pieces but we have had maybe a few other weaknesses this season too lol anyway carry on if only we could compete more in midfield all our problems would be solved[emoji106]

On 12/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, Bud the Baker said:

Another point to remember about "The Great Escape" is that the turnaround did not happen instantly, even by JRs admission results were still patchy until the Ayr game which IIRC was on the 25th February - so even repeating an escape which was pretty astounding would still mean another 6/7 weeks before we get consistently better results.

Strangely enough I think Hamilton are still catchable, discount the H2H results and they'd have less points than us so if things continue on that pattern and we could take 4 points from the remaining 2 H2H games then we'd finish above them, a bit presumptive but I'm trying to be optimistic - anything above 10th seems as remote as Mars!

First para still relevant, not so sure about the second. :(