The Oran Kearney Interviews Thread

shull

12 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I think the two words "for now" are being overlooked. 

Only because they can be seen anyway, any party wants. A definitive date, say to match a school term would be something that would help settle any man and his family. If the team doesn't perform well, come the new year how enthusiastic and willing are the club going to be then to relocate Oran's family?

commitment works both ways. And sometimes people need to be given parameters for their personal well being.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Why should the club do that?.

Happens all the time in football when players/managers commute. Also , lets be honest here. We are hardly a rock solid club at seeing out contracts. In this day and age, football and family really need to be disconnected ................. and its a 30 minute plane ride

He is also on a "career break" from his teaching job.  Oran Kearny has his feet on the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Only because they can be seen anyway, any party wants. A definitive date, say to match a school term would be something that would help settle any man and his family. If the team doesn't perform well, come the new year how enthusiastic and willing are the club going to be then to relocate Oran's family?

commitment works both ways. And sometimes people need to be given parameters for their personal well being.

So what's your solution - ultimatum I presume, get the family over here by Christmas or your out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said you have half a point but the club would merely be heaping more pressure on OK and his family if we were seen to be FORCING his family to move to Scotland and you already acknowledged it's a stressful enough job. It's totally up to OK and his family, it's their choice where they want to live.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aside from the fact you seem to be suggesting Oran takes a six hour or more round commute everyday. When you  worked elsewhere, As well as being away from a young family all week did you have to face disgruntled fans, an apathetic board and bloodthirsty media at the end of each working day?

the manager at a club is under enormous daily pressure which is only componded when that club isnt getting results. To leave that, and go back to an empty flat isn't conducive to someone's short, medium or long term mental health. 

Forgive me for bringing it up on your quote but i cant help but see the contradiction of the fickle football fan on here who berates his club, and others for never ensuring there is 'Stability' at the club, but who then goes on to call for a managers dismissal after a few weeks, to then laud the new manager as 'one for the future, someone who will get to build their own team" but then chasties any suggestion that may actually help promote that stability and support that new young manager and family as "Anti the club"

each to their own, i just dont get the blinkered attitude that everything the club does is obviously right! And the contorted view of what constitutes 'stability'. For me its simple. i want Oran to succeed, to support that, I, through experience know having your family, especially a young one around you is so important. Once you pass that up its gone forever, and only resentment takes its place.

LOL That's some rant mate. 

58 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He is also on a "career break" from his teaching job.  Oran Kearny has his feet on the ground. 

Yes he does. Very sensible of him, very sensible indeed.

We employed a teacher once before, a great man he was and we ruined his career in teaching.  His name is Mr Thomas Hendrie. 

51 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So what's your solution - ultimatum I presume, get the family over here by Christmas or your out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I said you have half a point but the club would merely be heaping more pressure on OK and his family if we were seen to be FORCING his family to move to Scotland and you already acknowledged it's a stressful enough job. It's totally up to OK and his family, it's their choice where they want to live.

No. 

If you advertise a job, as an employer you are perfectly entitled to stipulate candidates must either live within, or be prepared to relocate (at the company's expense) to a geographical location if they are successful. Usually there is a common sense time frame set around this. An example in Oran's case could be that, given the school term had already started when you got the job, a reasonable request is to move to the area during the next half term, or depending on how critical an academic year it may be for the children concerned. During the summer holidays.

that way everyone knows what is happening, and can work towards new home, school and jobs. If you set no parameters, then you get unpredictable outcomes. Its funny to read on here people suggesting Oran shouldnt move because his wife has a good job!

first off i am sure Oran, and his missus were  aware where Paisley was, and that the primary concern of SMFC, its board and fans isnt where his good lady works. But then again maybe the board insisted he stay where he was, and that Mrs Kearney's job stability was numero uno in their eyes?

28 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Ffs. You basically want every detail of everyone's contract to be published.

Meanwhile the rest of us will live in the real world.

Who asked for any detail of anyones contract to be published?

i am talking from a position of knowledge, responsibility and personal experience of drawing up literally thousands of contracts of employment.

13 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Yes he does. Very sensible of him, very sensible indeed.

We employed a teacher once before, a great man he was and we ruined his career in teaching.  His name is Mr Thomas Hendrie. 

Aye,so we did.:rolleyes:

Walked back into teaching and will now be collecting his very healthy teacher's pension.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No. 

If you advertise a job, as an employer you are perfectly entitled to stipulate candidates must either live within, or be prepared to relocate (at the company's expense) to a geographical location if they are successful. Usually there is a common sense time frame set around this. An example in Oran's case could be that, given the school term had already started when you got the job, a reasonable request is to move to the area during the next half term, or depending on how critical an academic year it may be for the children concerned. During the summer holidays.

that way everyone knows what is happening, and can work towards new home, school and jobs. If you set no parameters, then you get unpredictable outcomes. Its funny to read on here people suggesting Oran shouldnt move because his wife has a good job!

first off i am sure Oran, and his missus were  aware where Paisley was, and that the primary concern of SMFC, its board and fans isnt where his good lady works. But then again maybe the board insisted he stay where he was, and that Mrs Kearney's job stability was numero uno in their eyes?

LPM - Have to say, you do have a remarkable talent to get agreement on this forum, quite something--- In that 99% agree to disagree with pish you write.............

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aside from the fact you seem to be suggesting Oran takes a six hour or more round commute everyday. When you  worked elsewhere, As well as being away from a young family all week did you have to face disgruntled fans, an apathetic board and bloodthirsty media at the end of each working day?

the manager at a club is under enormous daily pressure which is only componded when that club isnt getting results. To leave that, and go back to an empty flat isn't conducive to someone's short, medium or long term mental health. 

Forgive me for bringing it up on your quote but i cant help but see the contradiction of the fickle football fan on here who berates his club, and others for never ensuring there is 'Stability' at the club, but who then goes on to call for a managers dismissal after a few weeks, to then laud the new manager as 'one for the future, someone who will get to build their own team" but then chasties any suggestion that may actually help promote that stability and support that new young manager and family as "Anti the club"

each to their own, i just dont get the blinkered attitude that everything the club does is obviously right! And the contorted view of what constitutes 'stability'. For me its simple. i want Oran to succeed, to support that, I, through experience know having your family, especially a young one around you is so important. Once you pass that up its gone forever, and only resentment takes its place.

And no one else has enormous daily pressure at work and lives away from home most of the week? I am sure that this situation would have been discussed with his family.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry, didnt know you were in on the interview, big apologies.

Were you in on the interview?

20 minutes ago, smcc said:

And no one else has enormous daily pressure at work and lives away from home most of the week? I am sure that this situation would have been discussed with his family.

Were you in on the interview?

No, were you.

And not to negate the impact others face in jobs forced to live apart, (many on rigs, the armed forces etc where moving to be together isnt an option) but few have to face apotential hostile press, fans and board on a daily basis too, and all the unrealistic expectations that go with it.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Aye,so we did.:rolleyes:

Walked back into teaching and will now be collecting his very healthy teacher's pension.

Ah the old "I am going to type and argue for the sake of it" reaction.  Someone always types some rubbish without thinking it through!

Mr Thomas Hendrie was a departmental principle (if memory serves me correctly it was mathematics or English but I may be wrong) and after losing his job with the  best football club in the world could not immediately go back to teaching at the same level, thus holding back his teaching career considerably.  I do recall the man himself reacting to a stupid comment at the time inferring that he wanted to go back to teaching by referring to his sacking as "that would be financial suicide", indicating in the strongest polite way that the venture with our club had cost him and his family dearly.

The pension you are so flippant about is of course a financial product that Mr Hendrie paid into for many years and something he is indeed very deserving of.  Anyone who worked for many years and paid into a pension would appreciate that, perhaps whatever pension Mr Hendrie receives for his many years of dedication to his profession need not be discussed here. 

If Mr Kearney is "taking a break from teaching" then bloody good on him, he has a family to think about just like Mr Hendrie did before him, bloody good on him indeed.

Anyway I await the inevitable naw we didnae cos we didnae right reaction!!!!!!

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You do have half a point, working away from home can be difficult and not everybody can handle it, but plenty do, and have done for years.

Trying to turn it into some lack of care by the club is, well, enough said. 

Well I am sure St.Ricky had said he had worked away from his family for years, and it doesn't seem to have done him any harm   :rolleyes:

No, were you.

And not to negate the impact others face in jobs forced to live apart, (many on rigs, the armed forces etc where moving to be together isnt an option) but few have to face apotential hostile press, fans and board on a daily basis too, and all the unrealistic expectations that go with it.

No, I was not at the interview but I did not claim to know what was said at the interview!  Your speculation is no more valid than mine.

No, were you.

You are probably best to comment on media hostility given how people react to your posts on here :P

8 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Ah the old "I am going to type and argue for the sake of it" reaction.  Someone always types some rubbish without thinking it through!

Mr Thomas Hendrie was a departmental principle (if memory serves me correctly it was mathematics or English but I may be wrong) and after losing his job with the  best football club in the world could not immediately go back to teaching at the same level, thus holding back his teaching career considerably.  I do recall the man himself reacting to a stupid comment at the time inferring that he wanted to go back to teaching by referring to his sacking as "that would be financial suicide", indicating in the strongest polite way that the venture with our club had cost him and his family dearly.

The pension you are so flippant about is of course a financial product that Mr Hendrie paid into for many years and something he is indeed very deserving of.  Anyone who worked for many years and paid into a pension would appreciate that, perhaps whatever pension Mr Hendrie receives for his many years of dedication to his profession need not be discussed here. 

If Mr Kearney is "taking a break from teaching" then bloody good on him, he has a family to think about just like Mr Hendrie did before him, bloody good on him indeed.

Anyway I await the inevitable naw we didnae cos we didnae right reaction!!!!!!

In this case you're describing yourself perfectly.

The question of location will no doubt have been discussed and it is not only immediate family that need to be considered, I was offered a post in the south west but at the time my father was in Paisley and not in the best of health and my good lady's parents were both elderly as well moving further away would have been more stressful for both of us so I declined the offer and felt that it was the right decision, we aren't aware of the full deyails of OKs situation and we need yo respect that all parties are happy with the situation. Anyway OK just needs a chat about anything with Fitzy to get cheered up if he needs it!