Anton Ferdinand

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Two more than kpekawa

I think there’s a decent player in there. I’m hoping that a new mangement team can get more out of everyone, and if there was indeed an issue with Stubbs man-management, then like Ross did, hopefully Kearney can generate the same sort of team spirit as before. Of course, it could be that many of Stubbs signings are simply gash... I don’t think so though. I think they could all contribute, under different circumstances. Time will tell, so if they simply are gash, they’ll be found out in jig time. If they’re rotten under Stubbs and rotten under Kearney, then that’s it - out the door in January. Fresh start and a clean slate for all of them though. A new season starts right now. Best wishes to Kpekawa, and everyone.

Edited by pozbaird

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I think there’s a decent player in there. I’m hoping that a new mangement team can get more out of everyone, and if there was indeed an issue with Stubbs man-management, then like Ross did, hopefully Kearney can generate the same sort of team spirit as before. Of course, it could be that many of Stubbs signings are simply gash... I don’t think so though. I think they could all contribute, under different circumstances. Time will tell, so if they simply are gash, they’ll be found out in jig time. If they’re rotten under Stubbs and rotten under Kearney, then that’s it - out the door in January. Fresh start and a clean slate for all of them though. A new season starts right now. Best wishes to Kpekawa, and everyone.

There's definitely a player in Kpekawa. His confidence - as with a few players - has been totally shot to pieces. No player plays well under those circumstances. I'd say the same for all Stubbs' signings - all deserve a chance. The likes of Cooke, King and Heaton hardly got a look in. They may not be up to it, but I'd like to think with the right motivation and tactical coaching all can give something to the cause. They certainly deserve a chance to impress the new manager, and if they can show him some desire, I've no doubt we'll see them arond the matchday squad at some point.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

The lad only a couple of years ago went for a fee of £500k to Barnsley.  He has been brought up at a decent level and hasn't played any lower than League 1 in England.  I have seen parts of his game which is fairly good,  then other parts that he either needs improvement on, or he has just been affected by the last management team in place.

The other lads who have had little game time need a clean slate also, even the non league players who were classed as not good enough by a minority because of the level they were playing at.

I am excited about what OK can bring to this team and breathe the positive effect back in, that was left behind by JR and Fow.

OK quoted as saying he stayed in the same hotel as Ferdinand and had a good chat with him on Sunday night. He is also looking at a couple of other players, one is a striker, the other a left winger released by QPR. 

Wants a "calming influence" in the defence. He's obviously done his homework!