Anton Ferdinand

24 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I have felt this since it was out in the public domain. 

If he is prepared to come to Scotland, then surely his agent would have told most of the other clubs in the league about his available. I very much doubt it was a secret.

Always seemed a wee bit far fetched, this one. I hope he hasn't just been using the club for a wee bit of exposure. That wouldn't be very courteous.

In saying that, he is wholly entitled to weigh up any offer that is on the table. As he fits the bill for the type of player we need, in a position that we need to fill, I presume we made a pretty decent offer. If it proves to be insufficient, so be it.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

Got a horrible feeling we'll see him paraded by motherwell or Killie or the likes tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

I have felt this since it was out in the public domain. 

The difference is, other clubs have presumably used up their budget in the window.

We, on the other hand, actually actively withheld funds. Hence us still bringing guys in on trial at this point.

Edited by djchapsticks

The difference is, other clubs have presumably used up their budget in the window.
We, on the other hand, actually actively withheld funds. Hence us still bringing guys in on trial at this point.
I have no reason to believe that he will be paraded by another club it's just reminiscent of what used to happen regularly with guys like Carl Finnegan, Alan Gow etc

54 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

We should know by the end of today. I agree that we tend to lose out on higher profile players unless they have a predisposed affinity to the club or a 6 degree of separation that would give us an advantage. ]

Anton --> Rio-->Fergie-->Fitzy. 

There you go, did it in 3. :P

So. Defender who has played dahn South. Reasonable pedigree. Reasonably high profile. People will have heard of him. Has been playing regularly. Seems to be fit. Would be a minor coup for St Mirren.... welcome to St Mirren Mo Camara Anton Ferdinand.

I’ll get my bunnet coat on the way out. :P

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

You make it seem as if we have been very canny in case of a disaster.  A cynic might suggest we are in the shit due to a stingey and inadequate budget placed in the hands of a less than competent manager.

I never thought that holding on to cash in case one or two free agents were worth a contract after the window closes was a valid tactic, but then I don't run a football club,

Edited by beyond our ken