Anton Ferdinand

2 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Cheers Drew. Hope you’re right

Aye

It has the potential to be a right good signing to complement what he have.

Bags of experience at a good level, and still at a reasonable age for a central defender.

Even if, as reported, he has slowed down a bit, the manager can build the defence round him and has younger lads available who should have the other attributes required to balance it out.

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye

It has the potential to be a right good signing to complement what he have.

Bags of experience at a good level, and still at a reasonable age for a central defender.

Even if, as reported, he has slowed down a bit, the manager can build the defence round him and has younger lads available who should have the other attributes required to balance it out.

I hope your right. This is either going to be a top notch acquisition (for the short term anyway), or the next Djemba-Djemba/Mo Camara. I seriously hope it's the positive option! If there is as we hope a good player still there, it'll be exactly what the younger guys need around them.

41 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I hope your right. This is either going to be a top notch acquisition (for the short term anyway), or the next Djemba-Djemba/Mo Camara. I seriously hope it's the positive option! If there is as we hope a good player still there, it'll be exactly what the younger guys need around them.

He has had a trial of sorts. OK is in the press saying he has shown up well this week whilst at the club. I don't recall either Camara or Double D spending any time at the club before signing, so hopefully that has a bearing.

It is certainly an area where we need experience, so that will be welcome. Who knows, it might not work out, but that applies to any signing.

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

He has had a trial of sorts. OK is on the press saying he has shown up well this week whilst at the club. I don't recall either Camara or Double D spending any time at the club before signing, so hopefully that has a bearing.

It is certainly an area where we need experience, so that will be welcome. Who knows, it might not work out, but that applies to any signing.

I still have nightmares over Ian Ure's debut!! Ex Man U and Scotland Also against a bigot brother  Hopefully not similar!

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

I still have nightmares over Ian Ure's debut!! Ex Man U and Scotland Also against a bigot brother  Hopefully not similar!

Sometimes the high profile signings are the ones that bomb spectacularly. Maybe is a case of managing expectations.

At the end of the day, he is just another player in the squad. Another option for the manager.

Just now, faraway saint said:

I hope this, if it happens, goes well.

IMO Celtic are the last team I'd have him playing his first game.

Could quite easily get torn to shreds with the pace of the Celtic attack.

Here's hoping they have one eye on next weeks Europa cup game. 

I hope it does happen, we will have to play as a defensive unit tonight, now can anyone tell me when that was last successful for us ?

Just now, faraway saint said:

I'd agree up to a point, that said our previous defensive set ups have looked very frail so his experience alone could be invaluable.

I'd go to a flat-back four and have two sitting midfielders in front of them for protection, with two hardworking wide midfielders to track back when the fullbacks push up on us.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good post - I was thinking the same. so my slogan was hope Anton is not found wanton..:lol:

But let's be honest if we managed to take a point or 3 it will look like we are on our way up the league this week and in coming games - what a lift that would be... in a sense we are really not expected to take anything, so it is a chance for OK to see what the players are made off - anybody worth their salt will be hoping to impress from the off...

32 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would guess there is less chance of Ferdinand getting torn to shreds than Kpekewa.