Anton Ferdinand

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

He was great, have to admit I feared the worst when he went off and we had a makeshift defence for the last 20 minutes, but they stood up well to the challenge. It's amazing what a bit of organisation can do.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I feared the worst as it looked like Anton was marshalling and filling in the gaps when they appeared. Well done to the lads for finishing his good work.

There was one moment just before he went off where Celtic cut through our defence with a nice through ball and I think everyone held their breath. Ferdinand just barrelled in from seemingly nowhere to get rid. Brilliant reading of the game.

He was superb last night and we've managed a real coup to get him here for the rest of the season. From minute one, he was talking to Jack Baird and as we saw Davis do so often, proved a calming influence on Baird who did not have a single brain freeze moment or put a foot out of place last night. Even when Anton went off, Jack was cool as a cucumber.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

No doubt about it, we would never have got a point last night without Ferdinand.

Great that Kearney identified the lack of "calming influence" at the back and acted so quickly.

Paul McGinn was great last night as well I thought.

Hodson and Cammy Smith were superb as well.

4 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Fantastic attitude and very sincere. Can’t ask for more and he feels that he can get better. This might be the best bit of business we have done for a long time. No billy big time attitude and a work ethic very much in line with what we want to see as supporters. Welcome home big man!

Yep, nice to finally get the marquee signing!

49 minutes ago, Kemp said:

No doubt about it, we would never have got a point last night without Ferdinand.

Great that Kearney identified the lack of "calming influence" at the back and acted so quickly.

Paul McGinn was great last night as well I thought.

It would be easier and quicker to say who wasn't.:headbang

Edited by stlucifer