Anton Ferdinand

I will add my tuppence worth.

I remember Jim Clunie coming back to the club and whilst he wasn't as good as his first stint he added that bit of dependable stability at the back  Anton did the same on Friday.

If he stays fit, then a great addition to the squad :clapping

Just now, stlucifer said:

I don't agree. I thought Brown was immense for them. Probably pipped our Anton for MotM.

Thought he just ok , did what he's there to do. Thought there were a good few Saints players who had a better game than Brown, but I'm biased  i suppose. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yep, Brown was excellent on Friday night, sadly. He was rattled by Mullen's running, and raised his spoilery game accordingly.
I'd take him, or similar, in my team every day of the week.
Brown and Forrest the only 2 that shone in the double treble team of superstars.

Brown still strolls through domestic games, but he's done when it comes to champions league and Scotland.

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Brown and Forrest the only 2 that shone in the double treble team of superstars.

Brown still strolls through domestic games, but he's done when it comes to champions league and Scotland.

Brown is still a very good player.He plays the Panto Villain and the audience react. I'm sure that those who abuse him secretly like him.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

Brown is still a very good player.He plays the Panto Villain and the audience react. I'm sure that those who abuse him secretly like him.

Brown held them together. As full of energy as I've seen him of late.  Great positioning.  excellent short passing and a great ball winner.  Watch his little nudges,  within the law but so well timed to give him an advantage. Playing against him must have been an education.  Panto Villain. He is that and more,  A very good player. 

Agree with the above sentiments.
If you were to pick the £8M man on the park it most likely wouldn’t have been Edouard, or any of Celtic’s other players - all their mob except Brown looked bang average, it really is hard to believe Boyata played in a World Cup Semi this summer!
I really think we’d have nicked all 3 points if not for Brown - who seemed to be everywhere, unfortunately. I’ve still not gotten over how well disciplined and energetic our performance was.

11 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yep, Brown was excellent on Friday night, sadly. He was rattled by Mullen's running, and raised his spoilery game accordingly.

I'd take him, or similar, in my team every day of the week.

Mullen was another contender for MotM. He never stopped and covered every blade of grass. Even got in the way of a goal bound shot at one point.

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Mullen was another contender for MotM. He never stopped and covered every blade of grass. Even got in the way of a goal bound shot at one point.

He was one of my other Saints players that I thought performed better than Brown. Thought Baird had his best game this season,  as did McGinn, Hodson with Cammy Smith and the rest all showing up well. 

I still can't believe we've signed him, tbh. It all happened so fast ahead of the game, it really hadn't sunk in. Then I spent a while thinking it was too good to be true and his legs would have gone or something.

But here he is. What an impact he's made already.

Here's hoping we can add a bit more quality at the other end of the park and we could be onto something here.