Anton Ferdinand

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Seems to be a thread running through your posts here Tom - has Cole taken a shit in your handbag or something?

I just cannot believe that someone who is clearly not a footballer, not by any stretch of the imagination, was allowed to wear the black and white stripes.

It is actually one of the most ludicrous things I have ever witnessed in my life.

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I just cannot believe that someone who is clearly not a footballer, not by any stretch of the imagination, was allowed to wear the black and white stripes.

It is actually one of the most ludicrous things I have ever witnessed in my life.

I'm unsure as to why Cole has taken the brunt of your ire in the way he has, and why Stubbs' other signings are getting a free ride from you. There must be some distinction, but I'm not seeing it.

Try being a bit more fair minded - it's not difficult.

9 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm unsure as to why Cole has taken the brunt of your ire in the way he has, and why Stubbs' other signings are getting a free ride from you. There must be some distinction, but I'm not seeing it.

Try being a bit more fair minded - it's not difficult.

and I am unsure why you suddenly feel the need to reply to my every post.

My posts are actually self explanatory, no harm to the lad, I blame Stubbs but he cannae play football.  Simple, perhaps not enough.

Try and expand your horizons, expand them indeed.

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

and I am unsure why you suddenly feel the need to reply to my every post.

My posts are actually self explanatory, no harm to the lad, I blame Stubbs but he cannae play football.  Simple, perhaps not enough.

Try and expand your horizons, expand them indeed.

There is every harm to the lad, as you're putting him up for total ridicule on the forum. The reason I'm replying to your posts is that I disagree with the tone and content. 

If you don't want people replying to your posts, best not put them on an open forum. :wink:

34 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Every player will be given a clean slate and rightly so we the fans should also. As a young man I was ready to give up my trade due to a nut job shouting constantly shouting and throwing things. My next boss was the opposite 40 years later I'm still in the trade. Point being a new manager  can make a huge difference. 

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Every player will be given a clean slate and rightly so we the fans should also. As a young man I was ready to give up my trade due to a nut job shouting constantly shouting and throwing things. My next boss was the opposite 40 years later I'm still in the trade. Point being a new manager  can make a huge difference. 

You have a point.

Lets hope the lad has a great career, whatever he ends up doing

56 minutes ago, Soctty said:

There is every harm to the lad, as you're putting him up for total ridicule on the forum. The reason I'm replying to your posts is that I disagree with the tone and content. 

If you don't want people replying to your posts, best not put them on an open forum. :wink:

I am more than happy for people to reply to my posts.  It is a discussion forum after all.  I enjoy discussion.  I was having a discussion with you (or I thought I was) but you tried to turn it into an arguement.

Not interested in such an exchange with you, not interested at all.

31 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I am more than happy for people to reply to my posts.  It is a discussion forum after all.  I enjoy discussion.  I was having a discussion with you (or I thought I was) but you tried to turn it into an arguement.

Not interested in such an exchange with you, not interested at all.

There's no argument - I've informed you of your mistake by telling you the facts. There is no arguing with facts. 

No arguing at all... 

17 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Lets be honest here, is he better than Cole Kpekewa?

Stubbsy's the only manager who would have given Cole a contract , for that Cole will be eternally grateful , only another two years before he has to find a job outside of football !

21 minutes ago, billyg said:

Stubbsy's the only manager who would have given Cole a contract , for that Cole will be eternally grateful , only another two years before he has to find a job outside of football !

What I am puzzled with is that he was on QPR's books so he must have shown some talent to make that step up? It could be the pace of the game here, lack of fitness/competitive games or confidence? Time will tell if he is given the chance under new manager and coaches.

26 minutes ago, billyg said:

Im not writing him off just yet mate, he looked very good against killie in the league cup, the new manager might get the best out of him.

16 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Im not writing him off just yet mate, he looked very good against killie in the league cup, the new manager might get the best out of him.

He’s got the attributes, just depends if he’s got the desire to bring it together or a manager to pull that out of him.

An experienced player could help, but not 100% if the Ferdinand deal will come off.

4 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

He’s got the attributes, just depends if he’s got the desire to bring it together or a manager to pull that out of him.

An experienced player could help, but not 100% if the Ferdinand deal will come off.

A new manager, with energy and positivity, could make a huge difference to a lot of players. For Kpekawa, Ferdinand could be another massive plus - a vastly experienced defender to learn from and be led through games, which is a huge help to any young defender's development.

For me none of our centre half pairings have looked good or comfortable so I don’t see why Cole is being singled out what in my opinion any of the 3 need is to be paired with an experienced central defender in games. 

Cole is only 22

Baird is only 22

Jones is still only 20 

for me none of the 3 are natural leaders on the park at centre half Gary Mac could be the answer when he is back fit or for now Ferdinand if he signs and clearly OK knows this as he is looking for another CH 

1 hour ago, Knightswoodsaint said:

For me none of our centre half pairings have looked good or comfortable so I don’t see why Cole is being singled out what in my opinion any of the 3 need is to be paired with an experienced central defender in games. 

Cole is only 22

Baird is only 22

Jones is still only 20 

for me none of the 3 are natural leaders on the park at centre half Gary Mac could be the answer when he is back fit or for now Ferdinand if he signs and clearly OK knows this as he is looking for another CH 

Cole is an easy target because he's played for QPR and Barnsley, whereas Bairdy is our own and Jones hasn't played first team football before. It's easy to forget Cole is still only 22. All three of these guys would look better if they had an experienced partner in defensive to help guide them. Unfortunately their inexperience is playing off on each other so they all look poor ATM.

22 hours ago, TediousTom said:

There were a few of us, after one or two sherbets before the hearts game, singing a little ditty about our Cole.  It wasn't too creative and no doubt the demon drink affected our  memory of his finest moments in black and white Stripes. As you have a penchant for catchy lyrics perhaps you could come up with a more fitting chant for the big chap.

"Oh ah Kpekawa

Ah said, Oh ah Kpekawa

Lets sing for big Nat king

Ah said Oh ah Kpekawa"

I'm sure a man of your considerable talent could point us in the way of more appropriate lyrics.