Well Said Tony

DougJamie

48 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You help make the point very clearly.   In order to compete we need to raise our levels of income to match or exceed those of our main competitors.  The earlier part of this discussion was focussed on crowds and supporters but I agree that this in itself is not enough and this has been acknowledged by the board. Few clubs these days cover their costs from gate money alone.... But it is an essential starting point.  There is a whole other discussion to be had on how best to maximise revenue from the stadium as just one example. My comments were aimed at what supporters themselves can do and were not exhaustive or prescriptive. 

So when's the ambassador's reception?

1 hour ago, Liverpool Bud said:

I love simple maths like that!

you could become the resident forum Rachel Riley

but beware you may have 11 fingers.... confused? Count with me

start on your right hand - count your thumb as ten and count down as you count off each digit 

then add the five fingers you’ve got on your left hand - Simples

Nice wee trick to confuse people at parties but why would you change the rules in the middle of counting?

You start by counting downwards but then for some bizarre reason you start counting upwards again.

The result of eleven is utterly meaningless.

Just now, oaksoft said:

Nice wee trick to confuse people at parties but why would you change the rules in the middle of counting?

You start by counting downwards but then for some bizarre reason you start counting upwards again.

The result of eleven is utterly meaningless.

Eleven.........................FFS, back to the drawing board. 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45476353

Great words from Tony and TBF to TF , he is right, Its been some journey since Gordon came in...................... now its about actions ...............

I sincerely hope we do give Oran time, and on here we also need to play a part, as we are all fans ..................

For us that remember the early mid  80s, Saints were never in contention for the title but Europe yes, always in contention for the cup.

What's exactly changed ?  The OF still had more fans and more money, Dons, Hearts  and Hibs were strong and it was a 10 team league not 12.....

Who actually has far higher budgets than us ? Apart from the above......

It needs to start somewhere and to be fair it did start under Jack and this BOD......

If what Tony says is what the BOD see then I am well over a large blip, and even with some dodgy singings I still reckon we can compete in this league  

Great post sir

Looking to appoint technical director not a fan of that at all I’d let OK manage the club without anyone telling him who he should and shouldn’t bring in.

Although I’d imagine they told OK that they were looking to bring one in before he agreed to join... I hope last thing we need is another Darren Jackson appointment to cause friction in the camp

32 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Why does it bother you so much? If he is lying he is not exactly doing any harm is he?

I actually hope it is true.

Like most jobs... it had its moments but I stopped working and travelling a year or two ago. 

Last Ambassadors reception was in Hanoi.  Lovely city.