Well Said Tony

DougJamie

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Interesting..... but at present I have no idea what theTechnical Director would be doing. Care to enlighten me? 

In short, it would likely be organising the additional tasks that come with being a football manager. Especially since the manager is adapting to a full time schedule having never worked one previously and will need time to do so.

I'd imagine it's a whole different beast to take training twice a week for a couple of hours and meet up on a Saturday compared to trying to organise a full time, balanced training schedule complete with nutritionists, performance data, analysts etc.

At a guess, the technical director would probably work with OK in setting things like this out, whilst providing knowledge of the Scottish game that he's admitting he's not really up to speed on. An experienced head to help out someone who is a rookie. If the club is completely serious about OK being here for the long haul, this is another investment that completely backs him.

Interestingly though, he was also quick to point out that he knows Irish football and every player at every club like the back of his hand and we do know there are some gems who have come over from Ireland in the last few years, so it's a two way street in that regard.

Jimmy Nicholl or Gus McPherson would be ideal for the role.

In short, it would likely be organising the additional tasks that come with being a football manager. Especially since the manager is adapting to a full time schedule having never worked one previously and will need time to do so.

I'd imagine it's a whole different beast to take training twice a week for a couple of hours and meet up on a Saturday compared to trying to organise a full time, balanced training schedule complete with nutritionists, performance data, analysts etc.

At a guess, the technical director would probably work with OK in setting things like this out, whilst providing knowledge of the Scottish game that he's admitting he's not really up to speed on. An experienced head to help out someone who is a rookie. If the club is completely serious about OK being here for the long haul, this is another investment that completely backs him.

Interestingly though, he was also quick to point out that he knows Irish football and every player at every club like the back of his hand and we do know there are some gems who have come over from Ireland in the last few years, so it's a two way street in that regard.

Jimmy Nicholl or Gus McPherson would be ideal for the role.

I would have thought that’s the roles of an assistant and 1st team coach Brian rice is also being kept on with knowledge of the game up here to help him.

I’m not a fan of footballing director or technical director what ever they want to call it.

OK is the manager if he wants more people into help him on his budget then that is his call imo.

I think also being full time now means he can fully focus on this job and the tasks at hand rather than trying to juggle it with another job as a teacher.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Like most jobs... it had its moments but I stopped working and travelling a year or two ago. 

Last Ambassadors reception was in Hanoi.  Lovely city. 

Happy to take you at your word over this stuff.

How did this fit in with your international business consultancy work?

We will also be hindered this season because prize money for winning the Championship is far less than clubs like Killie, Well & The Fakes will have received just for being in the top flight - if we can stay up this season then we should be on a more equal footing next year. 

That doesn’t make sense.

Clubs budget for the season ahead! We all start on a level footing!

At least Gordon Scott has a plan to generate income he has quoted St Johnstone and a figure needed to compete and challenge for a top six place. Hopfully the next round of tv rights in 2020 will be fruitful now that Amazon are showing interest. 
Unless we are the only scottish club that Amazon are going to show then them buying the tv rights won't give us competitive advantage.

25 minutes ago, Hambud said:
11 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
At least Gordon Scott has a plan to generate income he has quoted St Johnstone and a figure needed to compete and challenge for a top six place. Hopfully the next round of tv rights in 2020 will be fruitful now that Amazon are showing interest. 

Unless we are the only scottish club that Amazon are going to show then them buying the tv rights won't give us competitive advantage.

It's being reported Amazon are interested in Scottish rights showing games every week. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Happy to take you at your word over this stuff.

How did this fit in with your international business consultancy work?

I received Invites to attend when I was travelling. Clients included Governments, Multinationals, Very large National Organisations, Big organisations across a number of sectors. Just a job like any other. Some good bits, some not so good. Preferred invites to watch football or theatre myself. Often had to careful NOT to say what you liked or hey presto the client would have it lined up for you. My tactic was to have lots of work to do off site when I had finished for the day.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That doesn’t make sense.

Clubs budget for the season ahead! We all start on a level footing!

It does make sense Wendy. Starting with Prize Money in your budget then the lowest ranked Premiership Team starts with around twice our 500,000 so that gives them an advantage.

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yet again you are not following the argument being made.

The subject went onto investment are you saying it did not ?  I said Scottish football TV rights are up for renewal in 2020. There is now a third party coming to the table Sky/ BT/ Amazon. Now you being the self proclaimed supriour intellectual can work out what TV rights bring to the table. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The subject went onto investment are you saying it did not ?  I said Scottish football TV rights are up for renewal in 2020. There is now a third party coming to the table Sky/ BT/ Amazon. Now you being the self proclaimed supriour intellectual can work out what TV rights bring to the table. 

If TV gives all Clubs money, what difference is that going to make ? 

Apart from the same players renewing their Contracts with more money. 

The big Clubs will still be bigger. 

They should use the TV money to help slash admission prices. 

Get them down from £20 plus to £10 and under. 

Makes a whole lot more sense to me. 

20 minutes ago, shull said:

Shull, you are a well worn record on this point and I agree with your sentiments, to a degree. My question would be;  if you dropped the admission cost at what stage in the supposed increase in crowd numbers does it start being viable?

I doubt very much if a  50% drop in admission costs wouldn't see a doubling of the crowd numbers, so where do you think the line sits for cost against numbers attending?

24 minutes ago, shull said:

It goes for a lot. Where you finish in the league is part of the pot as is how many games played on TV.  Shull. 

3 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Shull, you are a well worn record on this point and I agree with your sentiments, to a degree. My question would be;  if you dropped the admission cost at what stage in the supposed increase in crowd numbers does it start being viable?

I doubt very much if a  50% drop in admission costs wouldn't see a doubling of the crowd numbers, so where do you think the line sits for cost against numbers attending?

I couldn't care less about increasing Crowd. 

It's all about not ripping of those who do attend via emotional extortion. 

Television money would help Clubs give fans a fairer deal. 

Rather than give all income to undeserving players. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It goes for a lot. Where you finish in the league is part of the pot as is how many games played on TV.  Shull. 

And if we finish above Sevco, Celtic, Hibs, we will have a bigger budget than them for the following Season ? 

Use the TV Money to slash admission prices. 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

And if we finish above Sevco, Celtic, Hibs, we will have a bigger budget than them for the following Season ? 

Use the TV Money to slash admission prices. 

I think that is what German football did and all the stadiums are rocking. Small disclaimer - their football is fantastic.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

I couldn't care less about increasing Crowd. 

It's all about not ripping of those who do attend via emotional extortion. 

Television money would help Clubs give fans a fairer deal. 

Rather than give all income to undeserving players. 

So you utilise the increased amount from the TV companies to lower the admission prices, and at the same time the club(s) make no financial gain or added income to compensate them. :unsure:

I accept the argument that dropping the prices should see an increase in numbers, but there will be a balancing point where the decrease in cost will bring less benefit to the club as opposed to being a status quo. If the club essentially gets no benefit financially, what merit is there in them dropping the prices!