Hampden Park or Murrayfield ?

shull

Hampden Park it is. 

Just need to knock down the North, East and West Stands and rebuild to the equivalent of the South Stand. 

Sortit 

Queens Park can play at Lesser Hampden or at a rebuilt Cathkin Park. 

Sortit 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Hampden Park it is. 

Just need to knock down the North, East and West Stands and rebuild to the equivalent of the South Stand. 

Sortit 

Queens Park can play at Lesser Hampden or at a rebuilt Cathkin Park. 

Sortit 

Create a two tier 60000 capacity stadium with fans nearer the pitch. Use Celtic Park for Big Games before that and utilise Pittodrie,  Easter Road or Tyne castle for smaller crowds.

I would only upgrade the West and East stands, bring them closer to the pitch. This could potentially free up a lot of space at the rear of the stands, potential parking spaces or bus stops or something. Then maybe later look at adding another tier to the North stand.

Is some rich Saudi oil baron going to sponsor the stadium? 

Get the right seat at Hampden and it’s fine. Get one (of many) shit seats, and it’s, well, shit. Talk of reducing the capacity to 35,000 by bringing in both ends to be closer to the pitch is a nonsense. 35,000 for any future OF meetings, or finals involving Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, or hell, anyone, is a joke. Scotland have played England a couple of times relatively recently. A 35,000 national stadium, when there’s Murrayfield, Ibrox and Celtic Park would be beyond stupid. When Oran leads us out for the Scottish Cup final, I want it to be in at least a 50,000 seater midden.

37 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sell the whole place for housing and build a New national Stadium at Bannockburn !!

CG.  A mile or so away from me.  Sounds like a reasonable suggestion to me.  Can't think that anyone would object.  Call it The Bruce Stadium. Wallace Way would be the name of the concourse and the exit named after a certain King Edward of you know where.  You are a true visionary.