Whose team?

If you read through threads and posts on here you will see many stating that should we get beat on Friday, as the form book suggests then nothing can be laid at Oran's door as its "Not His Team"... indeed many including the club (Ironically) say he must be given time, and posters suggest this "Not His Team" status can extend till January and beyond..

Its not just our fans who advocate this status, and as you may have guessed, its not something i buy into, yes the guy is just in the door and the squad wont be able to deliver everything he asks of them straight away. But tell me should we get a dream result come Friday and somehow, against the odds avoid defeat, whose team will it be..?

Stubbzo's..?

Ross..?

Oran..?

will one of the above get/deserve the plaudits, or will it be put down to a 'team thing'..? I tell you what if i was in the job I woyld be claiming it big time..! Knowing full well further down the line I will be picking up the blame for almost everything.

Edited by Lord Pityme

13 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you read through threads and posts on here you will see many stating that should we get beat on Friday, as the form book suggests then nothing can be laid at Oran's door as its "Not His Team"... indeed many including the club (Ironically) say he must be given time, and posters suggest this "Not His Team" status can extend till January and beyond..

Its not just our fans who advocate this status, and as you may have guessed, its not something i buy into, yes the guy is just in the door and the squad wont be able to deliver everything he asks of them straight away. But tell me should we get a dream result come Friday and somehow, against the odds avoid defeat, whose team will it be..?

Stubbzo's..?

Ross..?

Oran..?

will one of the above get/deserve the plaudits, or will it be put down to a 'team thing'..? I tell you what if i was in the job I woyld be claiming it big time..! Knowing full well further down the line I will be picking up the blame for almost everything.

You have to ask, "Would Stubb-zo have been able to motivate the present players to play for the jersey and/or the manager"? My answer would be no.

After you take this into account it's not such a leap to say, if we lose, Oran hasn't had time to get his ideas across. IF we get a result then it would be feasible to assume he had done so.

So to answer your question,

If we lose

Stubb-zo's team

If we get something.

Oran is a feckin' genius miracle working bloody GOD!

EASY.

45 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

You have to ask, "Would Stubb-zo have been able to motivate the present players to play for the jersey and/or the manager"? My answer would be no.

After you take this into account it's not such a leap to say, if we lose, Oran hasn't had time to get his ideas across. IF we get a result then it would be feasible to assume he had done so.

So to answer your question,

If we lose

Stubb-zo's team

If we get something.

Oran is a feckin' genius miracle working bloody GOD!

EASY.

I think we have to leave the assumptions aside and just pin our colours to the mast. If we avoid defeat whose team is it?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think we have to leave the assumptions aside and just pin our colours to the mast. If we avoid defeat whose team is it?

Picking a team is only part of the managerial duties.

Getting them to play as a team is paramount so, no, we can't simply put "assumptions" aside.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

So then whatever the result its Oran's team?  He's the one in control now.

Nope. He can only pick players that were already here. Caveat. Unless he signs the three free agents. Personally I think he'll need 007. ( That might just have been the score I was predicting there.)

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

If we beat that mob on Friday, then frankly, I couldn’t give a fcuk whose team it is. Paisley Panda and Tommy Docherty could claim the credit for all I would care.

I could accept Tommy getting his due respect, but lets be honest that Panda just sits on its arse during a game, head in hands. He's frightened to make decisions, he's never in ayone's face anymore. The team have no respect for him, and i heard he's always on about his bestie Broxie bear.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Nope. He can only pick players that were already here. Caveat. Unless he signs the three free agents. Personally I think he'll need 007. ( That might just have been the score I was predicting there.)

Like i said if i was him, like any decent striker whose tried to get out of the way of a clearance only for it to smash off their arse and into the net.. i'd be claiming it if we avoid defeat. Hell even if we just lose out too. The fans need that now, someone to say 'its me, i'm the guy'

Whose team?  It's a bit like pass the parcel but with deniability.. Is that the thought process? 

The music has stopped.  OK is the manager.  For now it's our team he is paid  to prepare and motivate. 

In time he gets to change players and having  done so,  conventional wisdom has it that it will be his team.. But it will still be ours.