Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

2 hours ago, delpierro said:

I will keep this brief: f**k right aff. He's in, um oot.

Am no a Gus man myself Del boy,  would much rather go to the flicks than watch his team play, but he`s been in the game 40+ years he has plenty to offer the club am sure, we should be grateful if he comes on board and gives up the spiders, get real man :hammer  and a hair cut

Edited by portmahomack saint

7 hours ago, pozbaird said:

What does a Technical Director actually do, on a daily basis, from 9-5 Mon-Fri? Serious question, I know what Oran is expected to do, what Campbell Kennedy does, and whatTommy Docherty does. What does this role actually involve?

I wouldn't let Gus do Campbell's job , never mind technical director. He would bore the folk at hospitality to death. Someone needs a word in Oran's ear here , keep Gus away !

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t know if I’m missing something, but I feel dead against this. I want OK to run the club without interference from anyone, let alone someone who was previously our manager. Just feels all wrong to me.

Time will tell.

I'm with you all the way , Gus is deadwood , and history !

8 hours ago, ulysses said:

Depends I guess, different clubs have them for different reasons.

Imagine he’ll be dealing primarily with recruitment and perhaps overseeing scouting.

Gus's primary role will be signposting the punters to the Phoenix for the cinema , after boring us all half to death !

We all know how it goes.

We feck it up and lose to Celtic, Hamilton, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Boo Boys force Oran out.

in House ready made replacement.

Welcome Home Gus

WALKING ALONG THE GREENHILL ROAD TO SEE WEE BALDY'S ACES   :thumbsup

Seems like already the BOD are thinkin OK disnae huv the knowledge tae run things himsel. A don't like the appointment. WTF is TF daein? OK hus barely pit a fit through the front door an thur rushin oot tae get him a wee helper. An, if OK has asked fur thus help whit next.....

OK........."Hey TF, cun wi get sum punter tae pick the team, am no sure who tae pit where?" ....

TF..........."Aye, nae bother Paddy, av got jist the man. .....Hey Danny, want a jobe as Team Selection director?"

7 hours ago, ulysses said:

Suppose we’ll never really know that. Maybe it will be just a part time role. Or maybe he’ll have other duties on the go as well. Could be overseeing the football operations side of things.

Kearney seems keen on it. Let’s him get on with the job of sorting out the mess Stubbs has made.

All for it.

He doesn't know what he's letting himself in for then. Takes the job , then less than a week later , shoots himself in the foot !

1 minute ago, helpmaboab said:

Seems like already the BOD are thinkin OK disnae huv the knowledge tae run things himsel. A don't like the appointment. WTF is TF daein? OK hus barely pit a fit through the front door an thur rushin oot tae get him a wee helper. An, if OK has asked fur thus help whit next.....

OK........."Hey TF, cun wi get sum punter tae pick the team, am no sure who tae pit where?" ....

TF..........."Aye, nae bother Paddy, av got jist the man. .....Hey Danny, want a jobe as Team Selection director?"

Danny & Wee Baldy :wub:

1 minute ago, helpmaboab said:

That's not what I've inferred from any of this. GLS' comments summed it up - managers come and go, and we need continuity. We know Stubbs didn't bother with any of Jack's signings, and then his targets fell through, so we were scuppered.

OK could be an absolute revelation and get poached next summer by a bigger club and we could be starting this whole mess again. Just having a single constant at the club, with a footballing role, could be vital.

Now... I'm not necessarily convinced Gus is the answer there, I liked the idea of Nicholl, but there ya go. Maybe Nicholl's too old for the long-term view.

21 minutes ago, billyg said:

I wouldn't let Gus do Campbell's job , never mind technical director. He would bore the folk at hospitality to death. Someone needs a word in Oran's ear here , keep Gus away !

18 minutes ago, billyg said:

Agreed , it took Gilmour and Co too long to have the balls to bag him , let's keep it that way , a Gus free zone !

15 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm with you all the way , Gus is deadwood , and history !

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

Gus's primary role will be signposting the punters to the Phoenix for the cinema , after boring us all half to death !

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

He doesn't know what he's letting himself in for then. Takes the job , then less than a week later , shoots himself in the foot !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

"Gus , I 've registered an interest in a young Irish talent who I have admired since I bossed Coleraine ! "

"Oran , I've brought Garry Brady back in on trial , he's never had any end product , but he's boring , my type of player " !

I gather you're not too keen? :lol:

Better get an ambulance on stand by if this happens. :rolleyes:

Eh ???????

That's the morning brew spilled

Gus, Gus, Gus ???

What , what,  whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat ???

It seems the road continues to unwind, more hills, twists and turns ahead no doubt...........

So what next, Danny for cup runs, Goodwin for the dark arts, Ross on open mic nights

Do we need a bigger dug out

Christ, you'd think we were bringing on Ross Tokely by some of the reactions. 

Jimmy Nicholl would be my preference if a fresh pair of eyes are coming in but MacPherson is well respected and although his teams were exceptionally boring at times, he did a good job for us overall. 

I'm not at all worried about this. If there is one concern - it would be the same as with any DoF type role in that the person in the role undermines the new manager. This must not be allowed to happen and OK must have the final say over his team. 

Edited by djchapsticks

34 minutes ago, shull said:

We all know how it goes.

We feck it up and lose to Celtic, Hamilton, Hibs and Aberdeen.

Boo Boys force Oran out.

in House ready made replacement.

Welcome Home Gus

WALKING ALONG THE GREENHILL ROAD TO SEE WEE BALDY'S ACES   :thumbsup

No No.  If it goes wrong we blame Gus and he can feck off. :wink:

Gus MacPherson took one of the worst St Mirren teams ever - the John Coughlin duds - that was bound for the third tier, won the league, and established us in the top tier. He was just about the longest-serving manager in Scotland by the time he left. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he is getting on this thread, he was a tremendous servant to the club.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Gus MacPherson took one of the worst St Mirren teams ever - the John Coughlin duds - that was bound for the third tier, won the league, and established us in the top tier. He was just about the longest-serving manager in Scotland by the time he left. I think he deserves a bit more respect than he is getting on this thread, he was a tremendous servant to the club.

and he loved the fans. :rolleyes: