Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I see BillyG has made a come back he’s been quiet for a wee while, ffs here we go again. Gus isn’t even here yet & he’s hounding him out. emoji6.png

I haven't been quiet at all , I 've been a lot happier recently with the state of the club. Gus was hounded out the last time , he shouldn't be asked back imo.

No no no 

How to f###k up a new appointment in one quick move 

What technical knowledge does Gus have? 

Oh yes I forgot how to lose to nine men. 

How not to give young players a chance. 

How to keep playing Andy millen well past his playing days 

How to make John Potter captain and play him week in week out. 

How to bore the fans to sleep 

How to divide the club and fans

How to keep in post way past your sell by date. 

Was looking forward with expectations until this was brought up 

Too much baggage and I can see him interfere with the team like Tommy Craig. 

Bad move 

1 minute ago, gorgo said:

No no no 

How to f###k up a new appointment in one quick move 

What technical knowledge does Gus have? 

Oh yes I forgot how to lose to nine men. 

How not to give young players a chance. 

How to keep playing Andy millen well past his playing days 

How to make John Potter captain and play him week in week out. 

How to bore the fans to sleep 

How to divide the club and fans

How to keep in post way past your sell by date. 

Was looking forward with expectations until this was brought up 

Too much baggage and I can see him interfere with the team like Tommy Craig. 

Bad move 

Seems it taken most of the bozos on here only 8 years to forget how bad things became. Great post !

I haven't been quiet at all , I 've been a lot happier recently with the state of the club. Gus was hounded out the last time , he shouldn't be asked back imo.

OK I must of missed your post then lol Your entitled to your opinion but one or 2 post will do [emoji6]We’re all happier now. I’m OK with OK & Gus TBH. OK will be in charge though so no worries.

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

FFS- So much for the good will towards the BOD .

If Oran keeps us in the league like Gus did , gets us to a national Final like Gus did ( albeit diff result) I will be happy...................

The two meet, the two get on basically WGAF what some moaners on here think

Some ??? :huh:

when we sacked Gus did we not pay his wages until he got another job , hence why he was out of a job for so long ?

I actually think the fact that he tried to get as much out of St Mirren as he could , before taking another job , has actually held him back . 

His recruitment was very good , he was very tactically aware , perhaps over cautious , but put together a decent team . He did however upset a few people , and bearing in mind the current upheavals about the club at this current time , I don,t think this is a wise decision , 

I have not read all of this thread but there was a scout on the other week saying that no one from the club bothered even looking at recommendations that they made to them and it pissed him off enough to resign I would think this will be one of the roles a T. D would be doing I personally thought it embarrassing that it became public knowledge the way it did. I thought it was very remiss of the club not to follow up on these players there could have been a gem there that we missed out on all because no one bothered to follow up on the leads this will hopefully be rectified by a T. D. 

2 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

This will split the supporters views that’s for sure.

Aye, we have been (nearly) united for 4 or 5 days. I suppose it was very optimistic to expect it to continue beyond that.

It will be interesting to hear a bit more about what this role consists of, and what GMac has to say about it should he be appointed.

Gus will not be coming in as manager, won't have any input on team matters, and will be here to advise, recruit and provide a constant overseeing eye on football matters. As long as it is made clear that OK is in charge of all footballing matters there shouldn't be an issue. The relationship between Gus and Oran will be crucial - if they don't get on then it's a non starter.

Am I missing something here ?   Has Gus been appointed manager ?  No , ( NO ) .           He will be out watching potential future signings reporting to ( HIS BOSS ORAN )