Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

If something is lacking in Gus's life, drive, enthusiasm, interest then by all means he should seek out something new to entrall and captivate himself by f**king off down the cinema for entertainment..!

I believe that quote was Bobby Williamson that he reiterated, not sure if anyone still has the interview.

To hold that against him as a reason not to give a completely different job more than a decade later. I sincerely hope in your professional career you have zero recruitment or man management responsibilities.  

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How quickly did it all change when he left! 

McGinn, McLean, McCausland etc....

the guy is just such a negative influence he makes Stubbs look like Mr Tickles..!

Gus did not have players of that quality in the academy during his tenure, not his fault. Hence why none of our academy products from back then are playing full time football now, except from Stephen McGinn who Gus did have faith in.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I believe that quote was Bobby Williamson that he reiterated, not sure if anyone still has the interview.

To hold that against him as a reason not to give a completely different job more than a decade later. I sincerely hope in your professional career you have zero recruitment or man management responsibilities.  

He showed disdain for the support , and it was once too often. Horrible little man !

Guest TPAFKATS
How quickly did it all change when he left! 
McGinn, McLean, McCausland etc....
the guy is just such a negative influence he makes Stubbs look like Mr Tickles..!
To be fair, Gus gave McGinn and McAusland their St. Mirren debuts.

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Gus did not have players of that quality in the academy during his tenure, not his fault. Hence why none of our academy products from back then are playing full time football now, except from Stephen McGinn who Gus did have faith in.

He had McLean and McAusland.  Shipped one out on loan , binned the other. Meanwhile Wyness , Hamilton and Innes were signed up !

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

They were there, he chose to ignore them and play safe(or dire?) by signing the same old faces who no one else wanted anymore. He became the epitome of anti-football. Jeez he couldnt even organsie eleven men to dispatch a shell-shocked nine..! What the f**k is he going to be able to help Oran with, ignoring youth?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Big Yards said:

Anyone else think this is starting to sound like a Cathro/Levein set up. They've gone and found the least experienced manager, who can be persuaded to take the job on under any circumstances and really he's just a puppet to Gus who's going to pick the team and tactics. 

Alex Ferguson had a few months experience as a Manager. 

Oran has how many YEARS ? 

Lots and lots. 

2 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Anyone else think this is starting to sound like a Cathro/Levein set up. They've gone and found the least experienced manager, who can be persuaded to take the job on under any circumstances and really he's just a puppet to Gus who's going to pick the team and tactics. 

This...

does anyone serioulsy believe Wee Anxious wont be all over the playing side of things? You actually think he would be able to not interfere with everything? Some naivety on here today.

i would add to the above this smacks of the board trying to distance themselves from things if it all goes tits uo again. "No, no dont bring your Pitchforks and Torches round here.... go lynch the technical director... he's the guy in charge"

Edited by Lord Pityme

at present St Mirren as a club are divided , the Stubbs signings and those that were part of the promotion team ? Is Gus such a good guy that he will help unite things , or will he take sides ?

Add to the fact that its likely Oran Kearney might sign a couple of players from Northern Ireland , theres potential for more splits and division if these guys aren,t up to standard straight away . 

would Gus support the current manager , or just let things unsettle behind his back , so he can step up. 

Gus in my opinion would be a bad choice .

I also have huge concerns about the amount of money we are paying for non playing staff . 

Gus has been away from our club for a good few years and therefore it’s reasonable to assume he has learned a great deal in that time. He is being condemned for that “pigeon final” yet he’s the same man who brought on Sutton and Mehmet against motherwell and both scored to keep us up.  As he won’t be the manager he won’t need to be Mr happy to the media and fans. He has a history of concentrating on defence surely that is something we could do with right now?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This...

does anyone serioulsy believe Wee Anxious wont be all over the playing side of things? You actually think he would be able to not interfere with everything? Some naivety on here today.

i would add to the above this smacks of the board trying to distance themselves from things if it all goes tits uo again. "No, no dont bring your Pitchforks and Torches round here.... go lynch the technical director... he's the guy in charge"

Tin foil hats out lads. 

Siri, show me what a broken record sounds like...

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

This...

3 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Gus has been away from our club for a good few years and therefore it’s reasonable to assume he has learned a great deal in that time. He is being condemned for that “pigeon final” yet he’s the same man who brought on Sutton and Mehmet against motherwell and both scored to keep us up.  As he won’t be the manager he won’t need to be Mr happy to the media and fans. He has a history of concentrating on defence surely that is something we could do with right now?

That was the problem he never started them that day meaning we had no goal threat until they came on. He did the same at every away match. I remember Clyde away he kept Lappin, Corcoran and Adam on the bench! Then when we were 2 down he brought them all on

10 minutes ago, shull said:

2005/2006 was magnificent. 

A great League and Cup Double. 

Could have been an astonishing Treble if it wasn't for those overspending cheating cnuts from Raydale Park. 

COME HOME WEE BALDY 

Oh yes the day our club had a chance of going on and winning the cup but Gus chose to sit behind the ball against Gretna with 3,000 of our fans there then when we needed a goal towards the end he brought on Hugh Murray! We don’t need this negative character anywhere near our club

We bring Oran in , and straight away he lauds the academy and the need for players to be brought through. Then we bring divisive Gus in to help , you couldn't make it up. Have we forgotten that he left the bench short on some occasions because he wasn't keen on having to play or involve the youngsters.  This played a big part in his sacking. We don't want or need him !

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

They were there, he chose to ignore them and play safe(or dire?) by signing the same old faces who no one else wanted anymore. He became the epitome of anti-football. Jeez he couldnt even organsie eleven men to dispatch a shell-shocked nine..! What the f**k is he going to be able to help Oran with, ignoring youth?

Three days after that defeat a fixture against Celtic should have been further punishment on a team devastated and down after that final. Instead Gus lead his team to a stunning 4-0 victory, to date one of the greatest nights in my time as a St Mirren fan.

But that's positive and the anti-Gus brigade would rather focus on one match in his 7/8 years at the club. Likewise let's forget he took a shit Championship side and turned them into an established SPL side. The man has plenty to offer, unfortunately the Gus haters will use any excuse to make him look bad. 

Was every other manager specifically tipped off by a fan who'd seen the lad play?

Was he a secret that only this fan knew about? Do you not think that a host of managers, coaches and scouts throughout the UK wouldn’t have seen him play and know all about him?

Carroll was on loan at Championship Preston in the first half of 07/08 and was a regular in Newcastle’s Premiership squad thereafter.

I’m not exactly sure when you think this loan would have taken place!

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Three days after that defeat a fixture against Celtic should have been further punishment on a team devastated and down after that final. Instead Gus lead his team to a stunning 4-0 victory, to date one of the greatest nights in my time as a St Mirren fan.

But that's positive and the anti-Gus brigade would rather focus on one match in his 7/8 years at the club. Likewise let's forget he took a shit Championship side and turned them into an established SPL side. The man has plenty to offer, unfortunately the Gus haters will use any excuse to make him look bad. 

Im not focusing on 1 game I’ve just mentioned another 2 that we’re beyond shocking

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I actually think he,s not a bad manager , but we have just appointed a manager .

I also feel he has no great love for St Mirren and wanted to hurt us as much as possible , by not taking a job whilst we were still paying his wages .

I don,t see him as a people person who would help unite the team .

more as an opportunist who would try and manipulate himself into the managers post

I think you make the case for the opposition quite compelling..!

we are planning (it would appear) to bring in a Technical Director who has a history, and track record of ignoring youth, in favour of journeymen pro's.

Which youth players did he ignore?

I seem to remember Gus giving our current captain his debut and a regular first team slot!