Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Indeed.  

All we know so far is Gus will search out new players.

Would imagine he will take in games of teams we are about to play and report findings to the manager.

What about the scouting set-up we already (presumably) had in place?

Clarification from the club would be helpful.

52 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

His expertise in putting together a defence that doesn’t leak goals may well be just what we need. Put that alongside the experience of Ferdinand then we might just be very hard to beat. OK has a philosophy of playing good attractive football. If the defence is strong and sound then the rest of the team can get on with winning the game.

So Gus will be picking the team too?

this will end in tears, acrimony and another spate of dressing room back stabbing. Its got clusterf**k written all over it.

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Bringing back a negative ‘personality’ to a positive and now progressive club ?

Dreadful appointment

Older and wiser hopefully plus a less stressful job.  The immediate thing Gus brought to the team was structure and the ability to get 100% out of players.  If he can translate those outcomes to his new duties that will do for me.

6 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Older and wiser hopefully plus a less stressful job.  The immediate thing Gus brought to the team was structure and the ability to get 100% out of players.  If he can translate those outcomes to his new duties that will do for me.

Again, is that no Oran's job?

how much interfering, sorry input will he have on the team? 

Talk about back down to earth with a bang after friday night!

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again, is that no Oran's job?

how much interfering, sorry input will he have on the team? 

Talk about back down to earth with a bang after friday night!

I would think absolutely none what so ever what a shower of moaning face sods. 

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

What about the scouting set-up we already (presumably) had in place?

Clarification from the club would be helpful.

As well as the areas set out by IOBS I would think that scouting would come under his remit. 

Agree that it will be good to learn more about both the philosophy behind the establishment of the post and the duties / job description. 

Otherwise... Welcome back Gus. 

1 hour ago, David Mc said:

It's got an Alex Smith/Falkirk feel to it - which isn't that exciting.  My hope is that his role is  nothing to do with management or coaching as that's Oran's job. Hopefully, the TD job is to ensure we never get left in the lurch again when a manager leaves and to get a grip of how we scout new players including viewing all new players against what we are bringing through the academy. The scout that left mentioned a total lack of communication. Welcome back Gus. Be happy :D