Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

I'm reluctant to say "welcome back" Gus for one reason only...

We are moving FORWARD.

A new position, working with a new team of people, and a new challenge/opportunity for Gus.

All the negativity is stemming from things that happened years ago.

Let it go and get behind the club and their chosen employees.

To anyone who says this appointment affects the feel good factor, I'd say you are more of a reason for that than Gus... You are CHOOSING to react in this way.

Welcome to the club Gus.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So Gus will be picking the team too?

this will end in tears, acrimony and another spate of dressing room back stabbing. Its got clusterf**k written all over it.

Hasn't even been announced yet, no idea of the remit or role he will be fulfilling, and yet it's put the boot in time anyway :lol:

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

GLS says that it will be an almost invisible role for Gus , I can live with that if we turn things around on the park .

I think an announcement is due this afternoon so hopefully we'll get some clarity on what the role entails.

My fear is that I'm seeing the John McGinn money disappearing down the plughole, fast!

16 minutes ago, div said:

I think an announcement is due this afternoon so hopefully we'll get some clarity on what the role entails.

My fear is that I'm seeing the John McGinn money disappearing down the plughole, fast!

Any chance of them announcing a player or two at the same time to soften the blow ? :rolleyes:

I would guess Gus’ remit covers a few areas that Gordon feels we are light in, as a club. Identifying and securing the signatures of signing targets. Scouting possible signings / watching future opponents. Having an in-depth and lengthy understanding of the Scottish scene that Oran doesn’t. Being an ex-manager who Oran could lean on for advice if required. Maybe the most important job though - at Gordon’s behest, run into W7 and kick the cnut in of any daftie with a questionable banner. 

Edited by pozbaird