Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Yeah... when the conflict comes, (and it will because that is Gus's style, and Oran is the only person sitting below him in organisation structure). It will end in tears, and possibly us losing a promising manager early doors, and being left with Smug Gus as the apparent saviour. That possibility, after just getting out of the self harm employing Stubbs brought fills me with dread.

So that's it done and dusted in your eyes .:rolleyes:

Mate , support the fecking team, you always have some issue or another

The only guy you supported was Stubbs FFS

55 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here mibbaes this will help you, you can get onto the Belfast Telegraph and chin them about making it up.. ha, ha.. "Kearney, whose existing backroom team will remain at Coleraine, has made contact with Northern Ireland assistant and former Rangers number two Jimmy Nicholl over joining him at the Paisley club."

Jimmy's reply to Oran was " cheers mate, but I don't want to give up my N.I. assistant job"........................... I made that up.  Bit like some of the stuff printed on here.  :rolleyes:    

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
42 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

LPM- Simple question

Do you have a point on here, I mean as a poster..................

Gus has been appointed. Get behind him, and we move on

Yeah... when the conflict comes, (and it will because that is Gus's style, and Oran is the only person sitting below him in organisation structure). It will end in tears, and possibly us losing a promising manager early doors, and being left with Smug Gus as the apparent saviour. That possibility, after just getting out of the self harm employing Stubbs brought fills me with dread.

Why must these positions be confrontational? GS has intimated that Gus's remit will be collaborative and at the behest of the club ie; Manager, Director, CEO, but most assuredly NOT .... LPM  :P

18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Contempt for youth development:  I would have to agree partially with that in an historical sense, but more recently with QP the signs are that he has been utilising youth in greater numbers and in any case who is to say any element of youth development will fall within his remit in this new post?

An ignorance of the benefits of clubs looking after players nutrition: I would think not particularly relevant here as I am sure Gus is not here to fulfill THAT role!

A complete lack of success in the last 5 or so years:  this is irrelevant to the position he now holds.

This is also  a man who, when with us, showed such petulance and treated the support with so much disdain:  This is of course from your and some other peoples perspective and if you owned the club and controlled it then YOU could choose what to do .... NEWS FLASH!!!!!!   YOU DON'T, GS does and his take on Gus is shall we just accept that it is different than yours?

I am more than capable of providing reasoned and justifiable arguments to validate which ever position I support, the reason I treat some  posts with contempt is that that is all they deserve as they are not rational; but emotional.

Hope this clears this up for you B)

To add to this, the contempt for youth development is a myth.

Our current club captain was given his debut and a regular first team slot under Gus Macpherson! Charlie Adam, a teenager when at St. Mirren, gave him a glowing reference in a recent tweet.

And as you mention, he was mainly working with young players at Queens Park. I remember the day there was a near meltdown on this forum the week after he gave Sean Burns his debut because he wasn't in the squad. Interesting to note that he played over 200 times for Gus at Queens Park. Obviously Sean didn't have a problem with him!

With regards to success at Queens Park, he got them promoted to League One and challenged for promotion to the Championship in the following season, something not seen at Queens Park for a generation! He achieved this with young players. Yes, they subsequently got relegated. But this is expected at a club whose players are all amateurs and where the best players leave every summer to joining the professional ranks.

I should also add that Queens Park aren't actually some wee amateur club. The players may be amateurs but the club itself is not.

They have a huge income and a massive youth development structure. Their manager's position is a professional position and he is expected to develop youth players. Probably one of the most sought after managerial jobs in Scotland.

Queens Park wouldn't have appointed Gus Macpherson if he ignored youth development!

Edited by Wendy Saintss

23 minutes ago, elvis said:

And still no mention of the T. D role its about time you gave it a rest mate. 

22 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

So that's it done and dusted in your eyes .:rolleyes:

Mate , support the fecking team, you always have some issue or another

The only guy you supported was Stubbs FFS

That sounds like the towel hitting the canvas to me!

anyway Gus is in the door now so we can sit back at observe at our leisure how he seeks to continue his internal strife at SMFC.

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That sounds like the towel hitting the canvas to me!

anyway Gus is in the door now so we can sit back at observe at our leisure how he seeks to continue his internal strife at SMFC.

Mate its clear you have absolutely no fecking clue what happens at Saints internally and externally apart from the voices in your head

Welcome back to the fold wee Gus

You are a miserable faced wee bugger but you did very well in getting us promoted and in keeping us up.  The great escape day at Motherwell was braw.

I see some of our less educated fanbase have been taking to social media etc to register disgust.  Ignore them, many of them are actually too young to remember you well fellah.  Lose the grump as well when your face is tripping you I do feel the urge to slap you right on the jowels

Support Oran Kearney in everything he does and you will do fine at whatever it is you are supposed to do.  If you dont do very well at it well we wont know anyway as none of us have a clue why we suddenly need a technical director.  

Anyway welcome back, welcome back indeed

Some don't understand why Gus is here. Gordon rightly pointed out summer signings did not go to plan,  my words but more or less what Gordon said. So I would say Gus is in the identify and watch talent taking charge of the scouting net work reporting to the manager. To watch write reports on opposition for the manager. I welcome Gus back his role is a prefict fit for him and the club. 

Never cease to be amazed how the undeserving manage to get jobs way beyond their capabilities. My abiding memory of this chap is him making it into the record books by becoming the manager who was able to lose a cup final in extra time despite having a 2 man advantage. Should have been dismissed immediately but clung on due to having no doubt friends in high places.  And no, I didn't forget the next match against Celtic which I, like the majority of the support, missed due to being severely irate. So, no welcome back from the frog.

4 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Never cease to be amazed how the undeserving manage to get jobs way beyond their capabilities. My abiding memory of this chap is him making it into the record books by becoming the manager who was able to lose a cup final in extra time despite having a 2 man advantage. Should have been dismissed immediately but clung on due to having no doubt friends in high places.  And no, I didn't forget the next match against Celtic which I, like the majority of the support, missed due to being severely irate. So, no welcome back from the frog.

Cringe from me. Have we appointed some old SS officer or something. It's an absolute disgrace some of the stuff written about a former manager. God some Saints fans . You think Gus has been brought in to dismantle our whole framework.  Like it or not he is now part of our club deal with it and move on ffs.  

19 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Image result for funny frog Dont hold back Froggie :D

28 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Gus was a good manager for St Mirren.   Dour aye but effective.   He simply overstayed his welcome for a vociferous few who like to see nice bright shiny new things on the next level - whatever that is.  Saints have not been so close to a next level since Gus departed, to my mind.

I can't be arsed digging out the list and naming the particular deid-club players involved in that cup debacle, but St Mirren were not up against an honest team, in a fair match.  A good comparison would be: being shocked that a 9 man St Mirren team couldnae be lucky enough to beat Johnstone Burgh.  Is it really that hard to believe could happen...?

On that day, Saints were up against a team packed with dishonestly overpaid (and  not notified to the SFA) players who would not otherwise have been playing for the now extinct club.

Here is the list of some of those who were receiving illegal payments.  Look for yourself to assess which players were the cheats who won that cup, that day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34118126

Edited by antrin

1 minute ago, antrin said:

Gus was a good manager for St Mirren.   Dour aye but effective.   He simply overstayed his welcome for a vociferous few who like to see nice bright shiny new things on the next level - whatever that is.  We've not been so close to a next level since Gus departed, to my mind.

I can't be arsed digging out the list and naming the particular deid-club players involved in that cup debacle, but St Mirren were not up against an honest team, in a fair match.  A good comparison would be: being shocked that a 9 man St Mirren team couldnae be lucky enough to beat Johnstone Burgh.  Is it really that hard to believe could happen...?

On that day, Saints were up against a team packed with dishonestly overpaid (and  not notified to the SFA) players who would not otherwise have been playing for the now extinct club.

Here is the list of some of those who were receiving illegal payments.  Look for yourself to assess which players were the cheats who won that cup, that day.

:snore

Turns a thread about Gus into another rant about Rangers.

FFS gie it a rest. :byebye

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

Gus was a good manager for St Mirren.   Dour aye but effective.   He simply overstayed his welcome for a vociferous few who like to see nice bright shiny new things on the next level - whatever that is.  Saints have not been so close to a next level since Gus departed, to my mind.

Your mind needs some maintenance. The very next manager took us to higher positions and actually managed to win the League cup while facing ELEVEN men.

If ONE GAME can leave you SO bitter and scarred, you must be a real misery and should probably give up going to football for the sake of your mental health!

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Your mind needs some maintenance. The very next manager took us to higher positions and actually managed to win the League cup while facing ELEVEN men.

I knew that, but I liked Gus, preferred Gus, was speaking up for Gus....

If DL got similar undeserved stick I'd make similarly outlandish claims about him.  :)

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

Gus was,  to my mind,  a highly effective manager for the club. Unlucky to lose in the Final you highlight.  He won two and just missed out on three prizes.  Not a bad record. 

I wouldn't welcome him back as Manager but more than happy that he is the Technical Director.  My alternative would have been Jimmy Nichol but he has no club connection.

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, Froggie said:

If ONE GAME can leave you SO bitter and scarred, you must be a real misery and should probably give up going to football for the sake of your mental health!

Strangely it's always the one bad one that people never forgive you for.   

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Never cease to be amazed how the undeserving manage to get jobs way beyond their capabilities. My abiding memory of this chap is him making it into the record books by becoming the manager who was able to lose a cup final in extra time despite having a 2 man advantage.

The game didn't go to extra time