Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Agree about the EBT.All that tax free dosh they had stuffed in their socks and jocks should have slowed them down :P

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Agree about the EBT.All that tax free dosh they had stuffed in their socks and jocks should have slowed them down :P

So shit you posted it twice? :1eye

Away for a lie down, come back about........................never. :lol:

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Gus was part of our past do we remember just how bad we were before him. Gets us up with the Cup and then win our first 2 games back in big time. With Oran working on mindset and overall strategy Rice on coaching and Gus on TD i think its what we need. Sat will tell

Gus has already got his claws in on the training/coaching side so is it Rice or OK that needs to worry and how will Gus line the team up on Saturday?

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Gus was part of our past do we remember just how bad we were before him. Gets us up with the Cup and then win our first 2 games back in big time. With Oran working on mindset and overall strategy Rice on coaching and Gus on TD i think its what we need. Sat will tell

That soon. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Of course it is. Oran will lead Gus will support. 

But 3 days ago people were telling me Gus wouldn't be involved with the day to day coaching of players yet here we are, 3 days on and Gus with his track suit on getting involved with OKs training schedule.

Gus has already got his claws in on the training/coaching side so is it Rice or OK that needs to worry and how will Gus line the team up on Saturday?

Your coming across as a real bitter individual.

Truth is you know f**k all what’s went on in training field and what OK and gus have discussed what roles OK wants gus to for fill.

When I was a kid and a teenager growing up watching St. Mirren, I let certain St. Mirren defeats genuinely influence my life for days afterwards. I finished with a girlfriend after the Hammarby game, I was in a foul mood for days after semi final defeats or games against the OF where we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory. My mother says to this day she used to watch final score to see if St. Mirren had won as she knew if we hadn’t I’d be unbearable for the rest of the evening. 

However, when I reached the ripe old age of about 25 or so, I vowed that I would never let the result of a St. Mirren game affect my life in such a fashion. I’m now 52 and I can say that the only time I went back on my vow was that effin cup final. It was totally unacceptable and yes I do hold Gus hugely responsible for it.  We were shamefully tactically inept that game and as far as I’m concerned the manager should take the brunt of the blame for that.

As for this appointment, I’m against the creation of a TD role more that I’m against Gus’s appointment, but if such a role needed to exist, then I certainly wouldn’t have chosen Gus for the role.

Let me explain where I'm coming from.
We all know how close Scott and MacPherson are. he's openly admitted the friendship.
IF he had appointed him as manager there would have been, rightly so, a meltdown. He's failed miserably , both at the tail end of his Buddies' career and since.
There is no way he would have been accepted. the next best thing is to create a post, which it's been stated, WILL cross over to the playing side of things. How much is yet to be discovered but it WILL entail recruitment. Given they claim it's to do with continuity the inference is that he will have more of a say than the manager in that process
At the very least this means that Kearney  will have to make the proverbial silk purse out of MacPherson's sow's ear.
This appointment could actually make Oran think again about his position. if tat happens who do you think will be best placed to slide in like a Tommy Craig?

What a load of bollocks

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

When I was a kid and a teenager growing up watching St. Mirren, I let certain St. Mirren defeats genuinely influence my life for days afterwards. I finished with a girlfriend after the Hammarby game, I was in a foul mood for days after semi final defeats or games against the OF where we clutched defeat from the jaws of victory. My mother says to this day she used to watch final score to see if St. Mirren had won as she knew if we hadn’t I’d be unbearable for the rest of the evening. 

However, when I reached the ripe old age of about 25 or so, I vowed that I would never let the result of a St. Mirren game affect my life in such a fashion. I’m now 52 and I can say that the only time I went back on my vow was that effin cup final. It was totally unacceptable and yes I do hold Gus hugely responsible for it.  We were shamefully tactically inept that game and as far as I’m concerned the manager should take the brunt of the blame for that.

As for this appointment, I’m against the creation of a TD role more that I’m against Gus’s appointment, but if such a role needed to exist, then I certainly wouldn’t have chosen Gus for the role.

So we have 11 guys on the park, 2 of the opposition having already been sent off (nice referee) one little dumpy guy in the dug-out who by the laws of the game isn't allowed to touch the ball AND YET it's all his blo*dy fault!  yer aving a larf aint ya,. just what on earth can he do about it  that 11 players can't?  B)

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Wow. Joking apart, that actually sounds horrendous.

I don't think I have ever allowed a result to have that effect on me.

Can't imagine dumping a girlfriend over any result either, even Hammarby and that was the worst I have ever felt after a game.

I remember being seriously frustrated after that cup final but within an hour I had already moved on. 

The day after IndyRef was a different beast altogether and I was pretty much incapable of talking with most people that day. If anyone had made a jibe I might have snapped.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Those games in that period watching Saints were on the one hand great but on the other hand painful,  very painful.

The H game was something else!

Some posters must have developed their negativity around that time and now have an outlet for it on here! At least one (F Man) seems to have vowed never to go to another home game. Me- I just lost my sanity. Does it show?

Edited by St.Ricky