Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

No I'm saying he played a part, for the dismissal of the last one.  :1eye

He played as much a part as the rest of the players that were shite, Stubbs himself for a plethora of reasons and the BOD for not having the balls to stick by their own choice.

I think it’s time we try Cooke alongside him. Then we have someone to win the ball, and someone to knock it down to instead of sending it long to midgets.

This might be worth a try but we need something else in the middle of we’re going with two up front as the current midfield seem to be overrun a lot.

I think it’s time we try Cooke alongside him. Then we have someone to win the ball, and someone to knock it down to instead of sending it long to midgets.

I’ve been critical of Cooke based on what I have seen early on and in reserve matches however he does seem to have knuckled down and worked hard to show he deserves a chance . Good luck to the lad, why not ?
Let’s give him a go. And while we’re at it, what has happened to Jamieson ?

3 hours ago, DLBud said:

This might be worth a try but we need something else in the middle of we’re going with two up front as the current midfield seem to be overrun a lot.

That’s true but it’s the case right now anyway. At least with someone to aim at, if Cooke/Jackson worked well then the midfield might be less overrun. Punting it to Jackson on his own gives possession back straight away.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve been critical of Cooke based on what I have seen early on and in reserve matches however he does seem to have knuckled down and worked hard to show he deserves a chance . Good luck to the lad, why not ?
Let’s give him a go. And while we’re at it, what has happened to Jamieson ?

It was always going to be a tough step up for him, even last weekend in the pub I was talking to a couple of guys who knew him in their younger days and they were shocked he managed to make a move to the SPL. Thing is Jackson is struggling, I think there’s definitely a player there but he needs the right support. Mullen just runs around. Cody is contracted for a while here, if he’s working hard in training, playing well in reserves, let’s give him a chance. Something to aim at both with long ball and in the box. We aren’t getting anywhere right now, so we might as well try him out again.

I suggested this after the SEVCO game. Cooke up front with Jackson and Hammill on either side to get the crosses in.
Some have said that Jackson doesn’t have the pace, maybe...... maybe not.

Nah, your boy went above & beyond, high-fiving and that newspaper article but you're right about the GLS panicking.  

He also went above and beyond to get us in the top league short memories must really hurt to see a footballer actually cares about the club for a change.

Stubbs was the wrong appointment he f**ked up like he did at Rotherham there was no panicking they realised they made the wrong appointment and moved to try and sort things.

Amazed that some want to back up Stubbs thinking he should of been given more time to waste more money when he was terrible his signings were f**king awful

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He also went above and beyond to get us in the top league short memories must really hurt to see a footballer actually cares about the club for a change.

Stubbs was the wrong appointment he f**ked up like he did at Rotherham there was no panicking they realised they made the wrong appointment and moved to try and sort things.

Amazed that some want to back up Stubbs thinking he should of been given more time to waste more money when he was terrible his signings were f**king awful

I don't want to defend Stubbs time as Saints boss (show me where I have)  just establish the true reason for him being sacked, which as we both know wasn't, principally, down to results

I'd also disagree with your opinion that McGinn's actions were due to caring for the club.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't want to defend Stubbs time as Saints boss (show me where I have)  just establish the true reason for him being sacked, which as we both know wasn't, principally, down to results
I'd also disagree with your opinion that McGinn's actions were due to caring for the club.

By searching to blame others for his f**k up that’s where you have.

The true reason is he didn’t strengthen the squad wasted money by signing players not good enough that’s the true reason for him being sacked.

If he didn’t care then what was his problem he was starting every week as captain getting a decent wage what else could a player personally want.

He and everyone else knew what they had worked so hard for in a year and a half was getting tossed down the drain by the wrong appointment as manager.

19 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

By searching to blame others for his f**k up that’s where you have.

The true reason is he didn’t strengthen the squad wasted money by signing players not good enough that’s the true reason for him being sacked.

If he didn’t care then what was his problem he was starting every week as captain getting a decent wage what else could a player personally want.

He and everyone else knew what they had worked so hard for in a year and a half was getting tossed down the drain by the wrong appointment as manager.

I'd disagree that pointing out the true reason for his dismissal is the same as defending Stubbs but this is my about his tenure with us. 

As I've said elsewhere he was far from blameless with regards to his dismissal but the main reason for our current situation is the inertia of TF/GLS back in May - Livingston continued to sign players even without a manager as has all but been admitted by the appointment of Gus MacPherson.

Fast forward to the season itself and Stubbs was not sacked, in the main, for poor results or as others have said OK would currently be under severe pressure but mainly for upsetting spoilt brat players who were acting out of pique at personal criticism and not out of concern for the club.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I'd disagree that pointing out the true reason for his dismissal is the same as defending Stubbs but this is my about his tenure with us. 
As I've said elsewhere he was far from blameless with regards to his dismissal but the main reason for our current situation is the inertia of TF/GLS back in May - Livingston continued to sign players even without a manager as has all but been admitted by the appointment of Gus MacPherson.
Fast forward to the season itself and Stubbs was not sacked, in the main, for poor results or as others have said OK would currently be under severe pressure but mainly for upsetting spoilt brat players who were acting out of pique at personal criticism and not out of concern for the club.

Livingston had martindale still at the club taking charge of those matters we had no one jack and his assistant left then they made a mistake by appointing the wrong man.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact Stubbs signed shite players wasting money on players he didn’t even play himself along with shite performances a blind man could see it was only going to end up with us being relegated by Christmas.

If I see any more high fives this season il be heading straight to the bookies then if your right that’s the real reason Stubbs lost his job

2 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Livingston had martindale still at the club taking charge of those matters we had no one jack and his assistant left then they made a mistake by appointing the wrong man.

You seem to keep ignoring the fact Stubbs signed shite players wasting money on players he didn’t even play himself along with shite performances a blind man could see it was only going to end up with us being relegated by Christmas.

If I see any more high fives this season il be heading straight to the bookies then if your right that’s the real reason Stubbs lost his job

Really?  

Already had gained 3 points from 4 league games.

Even if we'd lost EVERY game since then we'd still only be 2 points behind Dundee. 

Whereas now were, erm...........................:lol:

16 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

We had a CEO with plenty of football experience and a Chairman who took too long to appoint a replacement, I'm ignoring nothing!

There's plenty of blame to go around for the current situation - it's not all down to Stubbs. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Really?  
Even if we'd lost EVERY game since then we'd still only be 2 points behind Dundee. 
Whereas now were, erm...........................:lol:

Lol what did you say when I mentioned the ayr United game.

Is ok when you try to get it suit your argument 1 game.

In that game we had a gk to thank for gifting us 3 points we were pretty much dead and buried by halftime in the other games.

We had a CEO with plenty of football experience and a Chairman who took too long to appoint a replacement, I'm ignoring nothing!
There's plenty of blame to go around for the current situation - it's not all down to Stubbs. 

It’s not their place to go and sign players f**k sake we may aswell just have gave the job to Fitzpatrick if that’s the case.

Martindale clearly plays a bigger role in the first team than just an assistant he is still there 3 managers later he knew what the Livy squad needed they kept their core of players and added we lost big players and failed to add any quality.

board made wrong decision appointing Stubbs.

Stubbs f**ked up big time signing shite wasting money and failing to MANAGE the squad.

Board made the correct decision in realising their mistake and binned him now we have Oran to try sort out the mess created.

37 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

It’s not their place to go and sign players f**k sake we may aswell just have gave the job to Fitzpatrick if that’s the case.

Martindale clearly plays a bigger role in the first team than just an assistant he is still there 3 managers later he knew what the Livy squad needed they kept their core of players and added we lost big players and failed to add any quality.

board made wrong decision appointing Stubbs.

Stubbs f**ked up big time signing shite wasting money and failing to MANAGE the squad.

Board made the correct decision in realising their mistake and binned him now we have Oran to try sort out the mess created.

We're obviously not going to agree but I stand by my earlier remarks that TF should've been actively pursuing Ross's targets back in May rather than doing nothing and that he & GLS should have been quicker m replacing Ross. 

Stubbs did himself few favours during his tenure but let's not try to rewrite history it was not results or poor signings that got him the sack but TF/GLSs failure to back him in the face of a player revolt. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
So was Stubbs sacked for signing Cooke, Jones, Hodson, Edwards or Willock?
asking for a friend.

Are you defending these signings?

Do I, or indeed anyone need to defend, or attack st mirren players? The names above and Rogers are six signings that someone insists are shite! If these six guys werent playing we would probably struggle to field eight decent players each week. The continual drubbing of these guys because of who signed them is pathetic and actually, if you think it helps, it  makes the manager last season look hopeless as there are only one or two of his first team getting a game now.

they are all st mirren players until they aren't. The people responsible for our current predicament are the board, they make the decisions, and have to take the blame, just like them taking a lap of honour when it suits.

21 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We're obviously not going to agree but I stand by my earlier remarks that TF should've been actively pursuing Ross's targets back in May rather than doing nothing and that he & GLS should have been quicker m replacing Ross. 

Stubbs did himself few favours during his tenure but let's not try to rewrite history it was not results or poor signings that got him the sack but TF/GLSs failure to back him in the face of a player revolt. 

I take this view also. But.. arguing over past events is futile.  Moving on to recent appointments, I believe that these will strengthen the club going forward.  

Forget the personalities involved.  

56 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol what did you say when I mentioned the ayr United game.

Is ok when you try to get it suit your argument 1 game.

In that game we had a gk to thank for gifting us 3 points we were pretty much dead and buried by halftime in the other games.

I didn't mention ONE game? :1eye

Are you ok, you're making no sense, why are you discounting a win and forgetting plenty other games since then? 

If you want to play that game dare I mention Hamilton twice, Aberdeen........................fact is 5 points from 11 games is quite a record. :byebye

Squirm squirm, wriggle wriggle. 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

There’s truth in this and as you say we appointed Gus as TD for this reason. Livingston are different though, Martindale is the main man there. Hopkins left, then Kenny Miller, but it hasn’t really affected them because Martindale pulls the strings. “Assistant” is just a cover.