Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

Guest TPAFKATS
Do I, or indeed anyone need to defend, or attack st mirren players? The names above and Rogers are six signings that someone insists are shite! If these six guys werent playing we would probably struggle to field eight decent players each week. The continual drubbing of these guys because of who signed them is pathetic and actually, if you think it helps, it  makes the manager last season look hopeless as there are only one or two of his first team getting a game now.
they are all st mirren players until they aren't. The people responsible for our current predicament are the board, they make the decisions, and have to take the blame, just like them taking a lap of honour when it suits.
You are using the loan signings Stubbs made as a stick to beat Ross with? Hahaha, even by your standards that's insanely brilliant. Inaccurate as always though.

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

It’s not their place to go and sign players f**k sake we may aswell just have gave the job to Fitzpatrick if that’s the case.

Martindale clearly plays a bigger role in the first team than just an assistant he is still there 3 managers later he knew what the Livy squad needed they kept their core of players and added we lost big players and failed to add any quality.

board made wrong decision appointing Stubbs.

Stubbs f**ked up big time signing shite wasting money and failing to MANAGE the squad.

Board made the correct decision in realising their mistake and binned him now we have Oran to try sort out the mess created.

We should have appointed Martindale. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

We had a CEO with plenty of football experience and a Chairman who took too long to appoint a replacement, I'm ignoring nothing!

There's plenty of blame to go around for the current situation - it's not all down to Stubbs. 

Jackson as well

I can't believe there's people defending Stubbs

His signings have been dreadful and that's why he was sacked

Fitzpatrick and Scott had to trust him in the window

It was clear to see after the window the squad was nowhere the standard required for this league

It wasn't good enough for the championship imo

Some job trying to move these players on in Jan because they have to leave before we can get better in

Not as simple as a lot of people think

On 12/4/2018 at 5:06 PM, windae cleaner said:

Jackson as well

I can't believe there's people defending Stubbs

His signings have been dreadful and that's why he was sacked

Fitzpatrick and Scott had to trust him in the window

It was clear to see after the window the squad was nowhere the standard required for this league

It wasn't good enough for the championship imo

Some job trying to move these players on in Jan because they have to leave before we can get better in

Not as simple as a lot of people think

No it's not.

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 12/4/2018 at 4:49 PM, Lord Pityme said:

So was Stubbs sacked for signing Cooke, Jones, Hodson, Edwards or Willock?

asking for a friend.

In a word, yes.

There were many other good reasons too.

Your friend doesn't seem to be very bright!

On 12/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, St.Ricky said:
On 12/4/2018 at 4:08 PM, Bud the Baker said:

We're obviously not going to agree but I stand by my earlier remarks that TF should've been actively pursuing Ross's targets back in May rather than doing nothing and that he & GLS should have been quicker m replacing Ross. 

Stubbs did himself few favours during his tenure but let's not try to rewrite history it was not results or poor signings that got him the sack but TF/GLSs failure to back him in the face of a player revolt. 

I take this view also. But.. arguing over past events is futile.  Moving on to recent appointments, I believe that these will strengthen the club going forward.  

Forget the personalities involved.  

Surely a rather naive interpretation , I mean let us be realistic here ; it was NOT one particular action that caused Stubbs demise; but rather a combination which not only included signings, but also his indifference to 'opinion' other than his own and his arrogance regarding current players and his interpretation of their worth.  Back me or sack me ........ NO brainer ....Bye bye.  B)

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Surely a rather naive interpretation , I mean let us be realistic here ; it was NOT one particular action that caused Stubbs demise; but rather a combination which not only included signings, but also his indifference to 'opinion' other than his own and his arrogance regarding current players and his interpretation of their worth.  Back me or sack me ........ NO brainer ....Bye bye.  B)

The decision was made.  Stubbs went.  No argument about the reasons.  You are right.. It seems to have come down to that scenario in the end.  I am more concerned with the paralysis that affected the club when JR left is not repeated.  The board have now acted to change the structure which should avoid this in the future. A repeat of that could be disastrous for the club.  Just my opinion. 

14 hours ago, Kemp said:

In a word, yes.

There were many other good reasons too.

Your friend doesn't seem to be very bright!

Ahh!

so you think Jones, Hodson, Rogers, Edwards, Willock, Cooke are pish and show be no where near the team? Or are you like most St mirren fans who support their team and the players wearing the jersey. It does sound like someone isnt very bright.

Guest TPAFKATS
Ahh!
so you think Jones, Hodson, Rogers, Edwards, Willock, Cooke are pish and show be no where near the team? Or are you like most St mirren fans who support their team and the players wearing the jersey. It does sound like someone isnt very bright.
It is possible to do both [emoji6]

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

This is bizarre even for you.

42 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
If you think half the team are rubbish why bother? 
I would suggest most st mirren fans will be cheering these st mirren players on tomorrow.

Are you pished?

It seems some may have gotten a wee bit embarrassed at being called out for disliking half the team because of who signed them? Will you be ignoring any goals they score, saves they make, tackles they perform and good performances they put in just to spite your face?

i suppose it takes all types. Lol

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It seems some may have gotten a wee bit embarrassed at being called out for disliking half the team because of who signed them? Will you be ignoring any goals they score, saves they make, tackles they perform and good performances they put in just to spite your face?

It does.

Imagine anybody scraping around for any negativity they can find on the chairman and SMISA. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS

Has trump hacked your account [emoji3]

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201410/how-deal-someone-whos-always-looking-crisis

Guest TPAFKATS
You will note none of them have denied they are against half the team, not because of their form! but purely because of who signed them. Thats pretty pathetic willing half our team to fail, still they'll be back on to deflect in some or other piss poor way again... of that i am sure.
SMTID
What an irrational post, just like the ones you preceded it with.
I can't speak for others, but I haven't denied it simply for one reason - I never said it!

Oh and by your own rational, surely you are SMTID unless half the team are push and then you won't go?

40 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

What an irrational post, just like the ones you preceded it with.
I can't speak for others, but I haven't denied it simply for one reason - I never said it!

Oh and by your own rational, surely you are SMTID unless half the team are push and then you won't go?

If half the team are 'push' then hopefully the other half are shove!