Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

25 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

So few criticised the appointment of Murray, Rae or Stubbs but they were given a chance. What does that say about our collective knowledge?

Maybe we should try getting behind the board and whoever they choose to be part of our team?

But so many criticised the appointment of Stubbs. Maybe we've learnt a thing or three and the board should heed.

Late to the party here..  contentious as it might be, not sure how. R McPherson would be qualified for such a role.  He’s hardly been deeply involved in football at the highest level since he left us.  

We have Mr Fitzpatrick doing a job he is clearly unqualified for.  Now we will add to that network Mr McPherson doing a job that he is likely unqualified for (given we don’t yet know the actual job spec).   Does not sound like a great plan.  

Before the barrage of criticism that follows, I idolised Tony Fitzpatrick as a boy.  He was an idol (at least until Archibald and Stickroth came along). Even encouraged my dad to take me to see him play for Bristol C when he moved.  He’s a great ambassador for the club, bleeds black and white like we do..  but he IS in the wrong job.   I’d be fearful that Mr McPherson might just be exactly the same, an old friend in a job, taking a salary but not adding any real value..   Still we can bump up the price of Buddievision to cover the cost..

2 minutes ago, Robbie said:

Late to the party here..  contentious as it might be, not sure how. R McPherson would be qualified for such a role.  He’s hardly been deeply involved in football at the highest level since he left us.  

We have Mr Fitzpatrick doing a job he is clearly unqualified for.  Now we will add to that network Mr McPherson doing a job that he is likely unqualified for (given we don’t yet know the actual job spec).   Does not sound like a great plan.  

Before the barrage of criticism that follows, I idolised Tony Fitzpatrick as a boy.  He was an idol (at least until Archibald and Stickroth came along). Even encouraged my dad to take me to see him play for Bristol C when he moved.  He’s a great ambassador for the club, bleeds black and white like we do..  but he IS in the wrong job.   I’d be fearful that Mr McPherson might just be exactly the same, an old friend in a job, taking a salary but not adding any real value..   Still we can bump up the price of Buddievision to cover the cost..

Doubt they could get away with that.

I took it out for a month and was most disappointed. Very poor fair and the videos stuttered and started throughout. Never again.

Gus wasn`t all that impressed with Charlie Adam at all when he was with us {horses mooth} thought he was unfit and lazy, think back, how many times did Charlie ever play the full 90mins with us ? I don't remember many if any,  5yrs later he was nominated for the 2010/11 PFA players player the year in England,  7million and 4million transfers followed,  hope Gus has got better at spotting talent if that's what his new role is :oops

IMG_1536780486.496217.jpg

You really should stop talking to horses

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
8 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think it's a good move. His experience and his eye for a decent player will be a great help to OK and the club. Can't do worse in recruitment than we've had with Stubbs. Welcome back Gus.

An eye for a good cyclist in Aaron Mooy (That part? My mistook)

An eye for a good benchwarmer in Rory Loy? An ignorance of how a small club NEEDS to promote from within and make sure we fill the bench with possible future players so they have a goal to aim for? This man would only be getting a job because Scott is his pal. We complained that Stubbs brought Jackson in as jobs for the boys. Well this would be the ultimate. What is MacPherson going to really bring to the party? Is OK to be sidelined when it comes to recruitment?

Sorry. manager picks the team. Manager should know what the deficiencies are. Manager should be allowed to seek out the right fit for the team. In attitude as well as skill set.

IF the manager goes then that's a chance you take. IF the club get rid just after he signs players then it's the board who are at fault.

Keep GM out!!!!!

It must be nice to live in your little world where fans get to tell owners what they should be doing and that they are not allowed to help a pal out;  particularly when he (the owner) thinks that his pal might be just the person he's looking for to fill a position that needs.....................  a) someone with current knowledge of the Scottish game and b) someone that he trusts.  Now irrespective of what you and I think re GM, GS will do as he thinks best and given that he is the man that came and took over and moved us onward and upward yoi vannot seriously suggest that he does not have the best interests of the club at heart.  Can you? :P

25 minutes ago, jaybee said:

It must be nice to live in your little world where fans get to tell owners what they should be doing and that they are not allowed to help a pal out;  particularly when he (the owner) thinks that his pal might be just the person he's looking for to fill a position that needs.....................  a) someone with current knowledge of the Scottish game and b) someone that he trusts.  Now irrespective of what you and I think re GM, GS will do as he thinks best and given that he is the man that came and took over and moved us onward and upward yoi vannot seriously suggest that he does not have the best interests of the club at heart.  Can you? :P

Oi van be serious as far as GM is concerned. He has NO experience in the role and has spent the years after us doing little or managing an amateur side bouncing around the lower echelons of Scottish football. IF he gets the gig it would, IMO, entirely be down to who he knows.

Edited by stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS

You were doing so well until you admitted you idolised Archibald [emoji6]

I have no personal issues with Gus in relation to his time with us. He did a good job and then went stale, so it was time for a change.

My issue is twofold. 

1) I’m not convinced our club needs a Technical Director role on top of all the other roles.

2) If it’s decided that such a role should exist, then I don’t think it should be performed by one of our ex managers.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have no personal issues with Gus in relation to his time with us. He did a good job and then went stale, so it was time for a change.

My issue is twofold. 

1) I’m not convinced our club needs a Technical Director role on top of all the other roles.

2) If it’s decided that such a role should exist, then I don’t think it should be performed by one of our ex managers.

I largely go along with these points. Only thing I might add is that Tony Fitzpatrick might need support and this may be one way in which this can be provided and enable a scouting and recruitment plan to be drawn up and put into action. If it is Gus..so be it. If it is Jimmy Nichol then so be it. Certainly an ambitious move by the board.

Edited by St.Ricky

30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I largely go along with these points. Only thing I might add is that Tony Fitzpatrick might need support and this may be one way in which this can be provided and enable a scouting and recruitment plan to be drawn up and put into action. If it is Gus..so be it. If it is Jimmy Nichol then so be it. Certainly an ambitious move by the board.

More like a back up manager plan if Kearney is a flop

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Oi van be serious as far as GM is concerned. He has NO experience in the role and has spent the years after us doing little or managing an amateur side bouncing around the lower echelons of Scottish football. IF he gets the gig it would, IMO, entirely be down to who he knows.

Difficult to argue with your fairly 'reasonable' assessment of where GM is currently, however I would simply refer you back to GS, whom I do not know anything about other than what is public knowledge, therefore I am  definitely not ITK.  Having said that; I vannot believe he would risk what he is trying to achieve at St Mirren by placing the wrong person in a job he seems to believe could be crucial for the future of the club (simply to give his friend a job).  :D

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Charlie has no idea people on here know better than him they have heard it from the horses mouth.

Did you actually read Charlie`s piece or did you just look at the pictures, his first line is Gus forgave me for my on field errors , then he said I made mistakes and I was immature,  Can you not read between the lines, are you really that stupid,  :shockaroony shit just saw your SFA  hall of fame photo... don't answer that question

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

Difficult to argue with your fairly 'reasonable' assessment of where GM is currently, however I would simply refer you back to GS, whom I do not know anything about other than what is public knowledge, therefore I am  definitely not ITK.  Having said that; I vannot believe he would risk what he is trying to achieve at St Mirren by placing the wrong person in a job he seems to believe could be crucial for the future of the club (simply to give his friend a job).  :D

Assuming yoi believe GM can do any damage in the role. I believe it an unnecessary role unless you can't trust your manager. If that's the case then GM would, IMO, be the wrong man to make decisions for him.

Agree with all that. Fitzpatrick is clearly in the wrong job and should step down. I’d be happy to see him stay as some kind of club ambassador but he’s never a chief executive.

Gus isn’t a ‘technical director’ either, whatever that means. Gus is a manager... Let’s hope he isn’t being put into the wrong job too.

If MacPherson is brought in we will have such a strange scenario. Is there any other football club in the world where there are two ex managers of that football club employed above the head of the current manager?

Gus isn't a technical director and he's now not a top level manager either. Do you think he would even be considered for this role if he wasn't mates with the chairman? Somehow I doubt it. 

We need some quality outfield players in , not more backroom staff.