Jump to content

Eric Arthur Blair

Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

His expertise in putting together a defence that doesn’t leak goals may well be just what we need. Put that alongside the experience of Ferdinand then we might just be very hard to beat. OK has a philosophy of playing good attractive football. If the defence is strong and sound then the rest of the team can get on with winning the game.

Is that not the manager's job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Indeed.  

All we know so far is Gus will search out new players.

Would imagine he will take in games of teams we are about to play and report findings to the manager.

 

What about the scouting set-up we already (presumably) had in place?

Clarification from the club would be helpful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

His expertise in putting together a defence that doesn’t leak goals may well be just what we need. Put that alongside the experience of Ferdinand then we might just be very hard to beat. OK has a philosophy of playing good attractive football. If the defence is strong and sound then the rest of the team can get on with winning the game.

So Gus will be picking the team too?

this will end in tears, acrimony and another spate of dressing room back stabbing. Its got clusterf**k written all over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Bringing back a negative ‘personality’ to a positive and now progressive club ?

Dreadful appointment

Older and wiser hopefully plus a less stressful job.  The immediate thing Gus brought to the team was structure and the ability to get 100% out of players.  If he can translate those outcomes to his new duties that will do for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Older and wiser hopefully plus a less stressful job.  The immediate thing Gus brought to the team was structure and the ability to get 100% out of players.  If he can translate those outcomes to his new duties that will do for me.

Again, is that no Oran's job?

how much interfering, sorry input will he have on the team? 

Talk about back down to earth with a bang after friday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Again, is that no Oran's job?

how much interfering, sorry input will he have on the team? 

Talk about back down to earth with a bang after friday night!

I would think absolutely none what so ever what a shower of moaning face sods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we expect to see Andy Millen come is as assistant technical director?

 

What does a technical director do?

How have we managed without one since 1877?

With wee Gus's love of the movies shall we have overpriced but fresh(ish) popcorn being sold in the pie stall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So Gus will be picking the team too?

this will end in tears, acrimony and another spate of dressing room back stabbing. Its got clusterf**k written all over it.

Spin, spin, spin

No it won't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

What about the scouting set-up we already (presumably) had in place?

Clarification from the club would be helpful.

As well as the areas set out by IOBS I would think that scouting would come under his remit. 

Agree that it will be good to learn more about both the philosophy behind the establishment of the post and the duties / job description. 

Otherwise... Welcome back Gus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×