Welcome back, Gus MacPherson.

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Gus wasn`t all that impressed with Charlie Adam at all when he was with us {horses mooth} thought he was unfit and lazy, think back, how many times did Charlie ever play the full 90mins with us ? I don't remember many if any,  5yrs later he was nominated for the 2010/11 PFA players player the year in England,  7million and 4million transfers followed,  hope Gus has got better at spotting talent if that's what his new role is :oops

The size of Adam's arse and the fact he was usually breathing out of it after half an hour may have had something to do with that.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

An eye for a good cyclist in Aaron Mooy? An eye for a good benchwarmer in Rory Loy? An ignorance of how a small club NEEDS to promote from within and make sure we fill the bench with possible future players so they have a goal to aim for? This man would only be getting a job because Scott is his pal. We complained that Stubbs brought Jackson in as jobs for the boys. Well this would be the ultimate. What is MacPherson going to really bring to the party? Is OK to be sidelined when it comes to recruitment?

Sorry. manager picks the team. Manager should know what the deficiencies are. Manager should be allowed to seek out the right fit for the team. In attitude as well as skill set.

IF the manager goes then that's a chance you take. IF the club get rid just after he signs players then it's the board who are at fault.

Keep GM out!!!!!

Agree with the general sentiment but Mooy was a Lennon signing.

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

The size of Adam's arse and the fact he was usually breathing out of it after half an hour may have had something to do with that.

Agree with the general sentiment but Mooy was a Lennon signing.

My bad but there are many more examples. I just chose the wrongun in a hurry to ensure the sentiment is made clear.

ETA. I bet he bought the bike though! :ph34r:

Edited by stlucifer

Gus wasn`t all that impressed with Charlie Adam at all when he was with us {horses mooth} thought he was unfit and lazy, think back, how many times did Charlie ever play the full 90mins with us ? I don't remember many if any,  5yrs later he was nominated for the 2010/11 PFA players player the year in England,  7million and 4million transfers followed,  hope Gus has got better at spotting talent if that's what his new role is default_oops.gif

Wait a minute. Really?

That's like saying Jack Ross didn't rate Cammy Smith very much because he almost never finished the 90 mins under him.

Just now, stlucifer said:

My bad but there are many more examples. I just chose the wrongun in a hurry to ensure the sentiment is made clear.

Yup, was just pointing it out before someone crueller than me called you out on it.

For Gus and bike-related player rejection yo could have Mahrez, although I have doubts about parts of that story and how involved he was in it.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Yup, was just pointing it out before someone crueller than me called you out on it.

For Gus and bike-related player rejection yo could have Mahrez, although I have doubts about parts of that story and how involved he was in it.

He did get rid of Jim Hamilton and Mo Camara though so,.. Erm, who signed them in the first place?

It actually beggers belief how people just remember the negatives.

I remember Fergie saying that st mirren fans had a chip on their shoulders. I thought that was incredibly unfair but this thread makes me wonder.

For the reason that he polarises opinion so greatly I don't think it would be fair on OK to bring him in though I do feel he would probably do a good job as he has done in the past.

2 minutes ago, Hambud said:

It actually beggers belief how people just remember the negatives.

I remember Fergie saying that st mirren fans had a chip on their shoulders. I thought that was incredibly unfair but this thread makes me wonder.

For the reason that he polarises opinion so greatly I don't think it would be fair on OK to bring him in though I do feel he would probably do a good job as he has done in the past.

I appreciated what Gus did for us initially but it would be lunacy to think what was served in the four years prior to him leaving was anything but drab and dire. 

Quick question. From what we know, does Oran Kearney strike anyone as being a fool? An idiot? Second question. Does he come across as the kind of guy who, when his nose might have been put out of joint at missing out to Stubbs first time around, is likely to up sticks with family in tow, but now having got a full time crack at management, will sheepishly allow Gus MacPherson / Jimmy Nichol / A.N. Other to be the organ grinder while he is merely the dancing monkey?

Some of the shite posted on here. Honestly. I should know too, I don’t half post some shite myself, but come to grips.

Gus wasn`t all that impressed with Charlie Adam at all when he was with us {horses mooth} thought he was unfit and lazy, think back, how many times did Charlie ever play the full 90mins with us ? I don't remember many if any,  5yrs later he was nominated for the 2010/11 PFA players player the year in England,  7million and 4million transfers followed,  hope Gus has got better at spotting talent if that's what his new role is :oops
Or maybe, just maybe, Gus aided his development! Charlie seems to think so but you probably know better!

12 pages. :lol:

Exactly as was predicted when Gus was being mentioned as a possible replacement manager, divides the support, and would have been a dangerous gamble.

IF he's brought in as some sort of adviser I see it being a waste of money and the level of criticism/abuse he's receiving here will only increase, and aimed towards the club.

Overall I'd bin the idea, not worth the hassle IMO.

I fully recognise what he achieved, best to leave it at that. 

12 pages. [emoji38]
Exactly as was predicted when Gus was being mentioned as a possible replacement manager, divides the support, and would have been a dangerous gamble.
IF he's brought in as some sort of adviser I see it being a waste of money and the level of criticism/abuse he's receiving here will only increase, and aimed towards the club.
So few criticised the appointment of Murray, Rae or Stubbs but they were given a chance. What does that say about our collective knowledge?

Maybe we should try getting behind the board and whoever they choose to be part of our team?

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

12 pages. :lol:

Smokescreen to bring Jimmy Nichol in perhaps? 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

So few criticised the appointment of Murray, Rae or Stubbs but they were given a chance. What does that say about our collective knowledge?

Maybe we should try getting behind the board and whoever they choose to be part of our team?

Entirely sensible EK.  

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I've no intention of getting into this car crash of a thread, but I would suggest the board are as capable as anyone of making a cnut of things. 

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Or maybe, just maybe, Gus aided his development! Charlie seems to think so but you probably know better!

Maybe just maybe your right for a change 

I've no intention of getting into this car crash of a thread, but I would suggest the board are as capable as anyone of making a cnut of things. 
No disagreement here... But under GLS, we have had Ross then Stubbs.
Both had poor starts.
He stood by one and binned the other.

I reckon he has shown that if he makes a mistake then he is not afraid to admit it and take decisive action to rectify the situation.