Oran's pick v The Board's man?

Oran v The Board  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oran came out the other day saying Jimmy Nicholl was the guy on his radar with extensive knowledge, contacts and experience in Scottish, Irish and world football to be his man. The board are putting the chairmans mate uo for the gig. Who should get the defining word?

I don't think he said in what capacity he may want Nicholl so don't think it's that black and white...….I took from his interview it was his backroom (asst mgr and first team coach) he was talking about as they were also talking about Brian Rice.

You may be right, you may be wrong ………..in this instance I think it's the latter

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I don't think he said in what capacity he may want Nicholl so don't think it's that black and white...….I took from his interview it was his backroom (asst mgr and first team coach) he was talking about as they were also talking about Brian Rice.

You may be right, you may be wrong ………..in this instance I think it's the latter

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

Maybe he wants Nicholl on the coaching staff? There is, in theory, a coaching space free with Jackson leaving. 

I’m guessing the Technical Director wage will be driven by OK being on less than Stubbs perhaps?

It isnt crystal who, what, where. But what is apparent is that it was discussed in Oran's appointment, and he has come out to state who he wants in. The board immediately responded with their 'Save Gus' story.

i cant see there being two roles here, given what a Technical Director role implies? Feck me the players wouldnt have a clue who was leading what if they just keep adding management roles.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

It isnt crystal who, what, where. But what is apparent is that it was discussed in Oran's appointment, and he has come out to state who he wants in. The board immediately responded with their 'Save Gus' story.

i cant see there being two roles here, given what a Technical Director role implies? Feck me the players wouldnt have a clue who was leading what if they just keep adding management roles.

But we don’t know what the Technical Director implies, maybe it won’t be player facing?

I am positive that our new Manager will have the final say if we need a Technical Director and who it will be. 

If he wants Nicholl, he will get him. 

I am now guessing this was all ironed out at Oran's pre appointment interview. 

This is maybe all Oran's idea. 

Good on him. 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Your jumping the gun LPM. Quote directly from Oran copy and paste it does not exist. It was paper talk. Not like you to go against the board. 

Here you go, both Oran's pick, and the club saying they are making an appointment of Technical Director... happy?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/kearney-looks-to-bring-in-northern-irish-coach-as-boss-aims-for-the-stars-at-st-mirren-37301444.html

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I still believe you to be wrong....I do think the "TD" role was discussed and I also think that they talked about who the board had in mind. I also think that it was when OK was asked about his backroom staff (again Asst Mgr and First Team Coach) that he mentioned Jimmy Nicholl.

As I said earlier LPM you may be right, you may be wrong but I think it's the latter...…...most of these are things I "think", what I "believe" is that you'll start spinning as much as you can, saying the same things over and over until somehow they then become "fact" in your game. 

Edited by WeeBud
keech spelling

But we don’t know what the Technical Director implies, maybe it won’t be player facing?

A fair question, but other than the playing squad what 'Technical' area could the club be looking to appoint a director for?

Catering?

Stewarding?

Panda Club?

having a laugh with the last one, but its pretty clear, from the club's statements its all about the football/playing side.

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

A fair question, but other than the playing squad what 'Technical' area could the club be looking to appoint a director for?

Catering?

Stewarding?

Panda Club?

having a laugh with the last one, but its pretty clear, from the club's statements its all about the football/playing side.

Of course it’s on the footballing side, but it just depends on what level. Considering we’ve got quite a bit academy structure and trying to improve scouting, I’m guessing that will all be covered.

i can’t see the Technical Director on the training ground, in the dugout or picking the team. I think this is more about helping Oran transition from PT to FT football and understanding the differences between the two from a coaching, fitness, etc point of view.

Just now, WeeBud said:

I still believe you to be wrong....I do think the "TD" role was discussed and I also think that they talked about who the board had in mind. I also think that it was when OK was askes about his backroom staff (again Asst Mgr and First Team Coach) that he mentioned Jimmy Nicholl.

As I said earlier LPM you may be right, you may be wrong but I think it's the latter...…...most of these are things I "think", what I "believe" is that you'll start spinning as much as you can, saying the same things over and over until somehow they then become "fact" in your game. 

The facts are, what both parties have stated. No one has mentioned two additional roles, or recruits. Just the one. They will become One defining reality when someone new is appointed. 

It appears both parties are making their case via the media, which isnt the best of starts to a new relationship.

Of course it’s on the footballing side, but it just depends on what level. Considering we’ve got quite a bit academy structure and trying to improve scouting, I’m guessing that will all be covered.

i can’t see the Technical Director on the training ground, in the dugout or picking the team. I think this is more about helping Oran transition from PT to FT football and understanding the differences between the two from a coaching, fitness, etc point of view.

I would agree, but i believe, given what each party has said that Nicholl & Gus are their individual picks for the same job.

Nicholl is too big a fish in every way to even be considered to just be one of Oran's coaches. And in my opinion his current job, cintacts and experience put him head and shoulders above second division Gus.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The facts are, what both parties have stated. No one has mentioned two additional roles, or recruits. Just the one. They will become One defining reality when someone new is appointed. 

It appears both parties are making their case via the media, which isnt the best of starts to a new relationship.

Correct, there only is "one" additional role.....JR said he wanted and extra "coach" this season (had he stayed), AS had an Assistant Manager and a First Team Coach so the most current set up was Manager, Asst Manager and First Team Coach......the additional role is the Technical Director.

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Whit...............the same as you done when Oran was bringing a forward in January? :lol:

Yes but did I put up a pole saying the board want this but Oran wants that. No so why not step back and stop trying to point score. Why not get a dog then you can have a 10min break from. BAWA. Christ we all need it. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes but did I put up a pole saying the board want this but Oran wants that. No so why not step back and stop trying to point score. Why not get a dog then you can have a 10min break from. BAWA. Christ we all need it. 

Like you did against LPM? :blink:

Why don't you ask your pal PRicky to take a break, you do know he posts more than I do..........................:hammer

You're the gift that never stops giving. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Here you go, both Oran's pick, and the club saying they are making an appointment of Technical Director... happy?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/kearney-looks-to-bring-in-northern-irish-coach-as-boss-aims-for-the-stars-at-st-mirren-37301444.html

Fair enough then it should be who Oran wants. 

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Correct, there only is "one" additional role.....JR said he wanted and extra "coach" this season (had he stayed), AS had an Assistant Manager and a First Team Coach so the most current set up was Manager, Asst Manager and First Team Coach......the additional role is the Technical Director.

We tend to run with three in the top flight, in 2000 TH brought in Joe McLaughlin, I cant remember who GM got in in 2006 but I know we did and were obviously doing it again - must be more work to do in the top flight. :rolleyes:

I guess a position vanishes when we get relegated but like I said elsewhere - should it?

Oh and the answer - obviously the BoDs man! Someone who can take care for 3-6 months if necessary after OK gets sacked.

Edited by Bud the Baker

43 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You would give an aspirin a headache.....................

:1eye

52 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

You missed out the bit about no one talking about two recruits for any role. But hey!