A Job For Thommo?

I think we need someone to oversee the recruiting process and provide continuity in a business where managers change frequently so that a complete overhaul is not required each time - or do we?

Whether that merits a F/T appointment is a question that must also be asked. It might very well be F/T during the Transfer Windows but not outside them which should be reflected in the remuneration and might suit someone like Sir Thommo of Hawk with his media commitments. He's still involved in the game and prob'ly spends a substantial amount of time focussed on it - surely he would find a chance to help out his team again cathartic (sic). 

His appointment would be less divisive than the current front runner for the job? :whistle 

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think we need someone to oversee the recruiting process and provide continuity in a business where managers change frequently so that a complete overhaul is not required each time - or do we?

Whether that merits a F/T appointment is a question that must also be asked. It might very well be F/T during the Transfer Windows but not outside them which should be reflected in the remuneration and might suit someone like Sir Thommo of Hawk with his media commitments. He's still involved in the game and prob'ly spends a substantial amount of time focussed on it - surely he would find a chance to help out his team again cathartic (sic). 

His appointment would be less divisive than the current front runner for the job? :whistle 

An interesting proposal Bud. 

I'm still thinking through the need for the appointment. 

12 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

On the radio last week saying he doesn’t want to be involved in the football side of things. Happy in the media.

OK, I never heard that but maybe we could ask anyway although I realize it would be a difficult job to do and still remain impartial on screen.

On the wider picture I still think its a position that needs to be filled (on say a 5 year contract) to provide continuity given the frequency of managerial changes - if it provides greater long term squad stability it would even pay for itself.    

IIRC, after the Sevco match where we seen Thommo and Goody play their final match for us, Thommo was asked about a return to the club in future (possibly as manager). His response and reaction to the question told me he had no interest in a career path following that route.

Pretty sure he was taking his coaching badges during his time with us (?) but after the Tommy Craig / Teale / Goodwin appointments (and absence of Thommo in that setup) he seemed to be saying that he wasn't interested in management.

Not sure if he was interested prior to that.