V&A Museum Dundee

faraway saint

The long awaited opening is almost upon us, been a hive of activity this week on the build up to the official opening to the public on Saturday.

Had a good close up view of the outside last Sunday, quite stunning now it's finished.

During the construction I wasn't convinced it was going to be as smart as it is, IMO.

There's already been some "local" criticism that the money should have been spent on trying to fix the social issues that Dundee has and it's not for people from some of the schemes in Dundee.

I'm of the opinion it'll bring cash and investment to the city which, in turn, will provide opportunities for people to help themselves.

Anyhow, I'll make plans to visit when the initial excitement has died down a bit.

p06kc9bm.jpg

The transformation in Dundee over the past 20 odd years is remarkable, the city centre and water front in particular. That takes huge investment something that would be welcomed in Paisley. Could you trust the powers to be given what was knocked down in county square so that a river going through the centre of town could be concentrated up.