Discussed. Family stand.

ged62

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We as a club need to take a stance. We should come out and say that if they want both stands in future there can be no repeat. If it happens next time that's it, one stand only. Of course we all know this won't happen we will just lube up, bend over and take the OF boaby with all the filth that comes with it. It is shameful but we are no different to the other 38 complicit clubs in this pervese little country !

BTW a wee announcement over the pa might have been a decent idea. At the very least it would ensure the authorities and TV could not use their selective deafness excuses.

Nobody is going to listen. 

Edited by pod

10 minutes ago, pod said:

Nobody is going to listen. 

Not the attitude, we get frequent PA announcements about acceptable behaviour and no swearing in the family stand probably at every home game yet last night silence. No one attempts to be heard that's why no one is listening. Acceptance is unacceptable.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Not the attitude, we get frequent PA announcements about acceptable behaviour and no swearing in the family stand probably at every home game yet last night silence. No one attempts to be heard that's why no one is listening. Acceptance is unacceptable.

It's not my attitude that is the problem.  When we came up, we were well aware we were going to encounter the ugly sisters.  Nothing has changed and nothing is ever going to change, until they find another league to play in.  Wither there are  400 of them or 4000, they will still spout out the same old sectarian shit.  

Was there any of our kids in the family stand last night.

A bit of a fight outside Main Stand at the end but soon sorted out by the Polis.
There were a right few dodgy characters in the MS last night.Turned out they were the Saints Fans relocated from the Family Stand.
I would put a stop to the ugly sisters fans bringing in drums.
Good to hear the polis actually did their job for a change instead of hiding [emoji106]

10 hours ago, Kemp said:

Don't really see what that has to do with matters?! 

I would rather not have their vile politics in the stadium, I'd also rather not have your vile politics on the forum....

The forum user is just hilighting his very personal reason for finding the chants of these mindless sub human bigots as offensive.

A bit of context is always good.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Did we not even do the usual "Sit down, health and safety, bla bla" announcement that always falls on deaf ears and gets ignored by the bigots/polis/stewards/SFA/SPFL/anyone who could act on it?

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Of course we all know this won't happen we will just lube up, bend over and take the OF boaby with all the filth that comes with it. It is shameful but we are no different to the other 38 complicit clubs in this pervese little country !

Pedant alert, sorry.

38 other Scottish clubs. Presumably we would be the 39th. The bigots would be 41 and 42. What club am I missing here?

43 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Did we not even do the usual "Sit down, health and safety, bla bla" announcement that always falls on deaf ears and gets ignored by the bigots/polis/stewards/SFA/SPFL/anyone who could act on it?

Pedant alert, sorry.

38 other Scottish clubs. Presumably we would be the 39th. The bigots would be 41 and 42. What club am I missing here?

Queens Park. They are irrelevant.

14 hours ago, HSS said:

Loved it we didn't thank the away fans for their attendance.

I noticed that although we'll gladly take their money, let them stand up the whole match and sing pro IRA and sectarian songs. Would our fans be allowed to stand for 90 minutes at their cesspit?

18 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I noticed that although we'll gladly take their money, let them stand up the whole match and sing pro IRA and sectarian songs. Would our fans be allowed to stand for 90 minutes at their cesspit?

I'm usually very pleased and proud that we announce the number of away fans and thank them for coming. I am disappointed that it was felt (probably correctly)  that this might/ would provoke an adverse reaction from the home support which might have raised tensions instead of reducing them with potential difficulties created post match. How I wish we could all move on. (Glad their team didn't get the 3 points they expected but doesn't mean I have to dislike every Celtic Fan there). 

22 hours ago, HSS said:

A bit of a fight outside Main Stand at the end but soon sorted out by the Polis.

There were a right few dodgy characters in the MS last night.Turned out they were the Saints Fans relocated from the Family Stand.

I would put a stop to the ugly sisters fans bringing in drums.

wonder who lol

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm usually very pleased and proud that we announce the number of away fans and thank them for coming. I am disappointed that it was felt (probably correctly)  that this might/ would provoke an adverse reaction from the home support which might have raised tensions instead of reducing them with potential difficulties created post match. How I wish we could all move on. (Glad their team didn't get the 3 points they expected but doesn't mean I have to dislike every Celtic Fan there). 
They announced the crowd and, I think, also thank the home fans for our continued support. Anyone wanting to know the number if away fans could've done a simple sum by taking away the home fans number from the total crowd.

I don't think the reason not to announce the number of away fans would've been due to any adverse reaction from the home fans. Certainly don't think it would've created tensions 20 minutes later when the game ended. Of course only home fans would've realised this was different to how the crowd is usually announced.

FWIW I quite enjoyed the pettiness of it.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

They announced the crowd and, I think, also thank the home fans for our continued support. Anyone wanting to know the number if away fans could've done a simple sum by taking away the home fans number from the total crowd.

I don't think the reason not to announce the number of away fans would've been due to any adverse reaction from the home fans. Certainly don't think it would've created tensions 20 minutes later when the game ended. Of course only home fans would've realised this was different to how the crowd is usually announced.

Simple Arithmetic sure. Booing was likely rather than applause I think had the away supporters numbers been announced and them thanked. Petty? Yes.  Why do we expect behaviours in others to change if we don't.  This was an opportunity to show that we respect all supporters to come to our club. Only my view though.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple Arithmetic sure. Booing was likely rather than applause I think had the away supporters numbers been announced and them thanked. Petty? Yes.  Why do we expect behaviours in others to change if we don't.  This was an opportunity to show that we respect all supporters to come to our club. Only my view though.

Sevco and Celtic Bigots deserve no respect. 

Certainly not for their terrorist glorifying singing inside a Scottish Football Stadium. 

FECKEM 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The scoreboard had the breakdown of fan numbers.

Guest TPAFKATS
Och, we respected them enough over the course of the night. Respect should be earned though and an awfy lot of them don't earn my respect.

48 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I don’t respect Rangers and Celtic fans. Not one little bit do I respect them. They are not worthy of it. If the majority are “good people”, then why don’t they do something about the .......ahem.......minority. Scumbags the lot of them as they are either activists, apologists or enablers of scumbaggery.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t respect Rangers and Celtic fans. Not one little bit do I respect them. They are not worthy of it. If the majority are “good people”, then why don’t they do something about the .......ahem.......minority. Scumbags.

I get where you are coming from TP,  I do but cannot share it despite many provocation in the past.  But.. I do agree with the second part.  The club,  Their Fans,  SFA and SPFL should also do more.  All I can do is show respect  and expect it back.  In that regard again I thought our fans did a great job in avoiding getting drawn into counter songs and chants.  Well done guys.  Great example to others. 

We thanked them for bringing 3000 fans.

This was written on the big screen for half of them to see [emoji23]

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I don't dislike all Celtic fans, i have friends who support both sides of the OF. I do however object to pro IRA and sectarian songs and they should be fined for it, it was no minority in our family stand by the way the whole lot were singing those songs....loud and clear for everyone to hear.

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I don't dislike all Celtic fans, i have friends who support both sides of the OF. I do however object to pro IRA and sectarian songs and they should be fined for it, it was no minority in our family stand by the way the whole lot were singing those songs....loud and clear for everyone to hear.

And I agree with you.There should be sanctions. 

Edited by St.Ricky