Hamilton v St Mirren 22/9/18

faraway saint

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Dammit.  All my secrets are being exposed.  A Zombie with a Linkedin Profile with 30000 direct connectiond and 1284 requests toconnect.  (Checked it afterrecent comments) Pres

Did u sign and the League Cup final crowd. Just thinking u must like at least 90 Birthdays and 90 work anniversaries a day. :P

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Dammit.  All my secrets are being exposed.  A Zombie with a Linkedin Profile with 30000 direct connectiond and 1284 requests toconnect.  (Checked it afterrecent comments) Pres

Now I'm all for believing your stories Ricky but let's be honest about this 30,000 direct connections on Linkedin.

2 things:-

1) You can create this number of direct connections simply by sending random requests to people. I get those all the time from people I have never met. I am always wary of people who boast about quantity rather than quality. Remember the phrase Ricky - social promiscuity is no different to sexual promiscuity: leaves you feeling used, empty and in need of a shower.

2) You cannot service an immediate contact list that large.  To send a single message to each connection once per year would require about 82 messages per day. For those messages to be anything other than trite would require about 10 minutes thought per message. You would never get anything done during the day. You can bullshit some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool Oaky.

Edited by oaksoft

Heading through with Supermac on the train for this one. A couple of quick pints in Glasgow then train out to watch what should be a hard fought game but I think we will get something.   The great performance against Celtic will definitely increase away support so wouldn't be surprised to see around the 1,000 mark in away end. 
Anyone else getting the train and doing some pre and post match drinking? 
St Mirren to win 1-0. 
Crowd 2,267

Heading on the train too, Zo. Where you going for pints in Glasgow?

17 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

Heading on the train too, Zo. Where you going for pints in Glasgow?

Provisional plan is to meet Supermac in the Horseshoe Bar about 1ish. On daddy day care this morning so it's quick as I can get away.  Maybe see you in there.

Where were you thinking if going?

15 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh this won't be allowed to die until those kids show they can be trusted again.

Their ridiculous delusion that they are basically the glue that holds the club together, that they feel they speak for the majority of fans and that all other fans are secondary to them will result in piss taking for many years to come. Josh spreading downright lies about our club in the press will live long in the memory.

Hahahahaha we think we’re the glue. 

I think your on the glue, where have I lied about anything? 

How about you come and show me today at Hamilton or will you continue to hide behind your name on this? 

Lol 

Provisional plan is to meet Supermac in the Horseshoe Bar about 1ish. On daddy day care this morning so it's quick as I can get away.  Maybe see you in there.
Where were you thinking if going?

The pub across from Pivo on Waterloo St (can’t remember what it’s called). If don’t see you we’ll be grabbing a couple of cans for the 2.04 train.

41 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Just remember Stubbs first game, a goal less draw against a good Premier league team with a centre half signed just before the game playing well..... look how all that turned out. 

There will be bumps along the way but I’m sure the general direction of travel will be upwards. 

There is a huge difference now 1/ Team selection 2/ Oran can communicate to his players better than Stubbs. Not getting carried away it's about survivg this season but we should be beating Hamilton. 

More than last Friday, this will tell a lot about our new manager. An awful surface against a team with players no better than our own. I'm still worried about Ferdinand on this surface but I probably should be just as worried about all the players. I hope we're discussing a good, attacking performance at the end of the game and not the underfoot conditions.

As mentioned by someone above, OK has had another week to get his ideas and plans across to the players. Ferdinand has also had a week to form a partnership with Baird, so I expect a disciplined and organised performance in defence, although I also note what others have said about the plastic pitch. As for the result, we'll need to find someone to put the ball in the net. I'd start with Mullen and Smith who never give less than 100% and had chances last week. I'd keep the big Dane in reserve for later in the game and bring him on to offer something different in attack. Like others, I think it will be tight. A win would be great but this is a game that we mustn't lose! Keeping in mind that Accies get pretty poor crowds, a big travelling support might make the difference.

COYS!!

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Now I'm all for believing your stories Ricky but let's be honest about this 30,000 direct connections on Linkedin.

2 things:-

1) You can create this number of direct connections simply by sending random requests to people. I get those all the time from people I have never met. I am always wary of people who boast about quantity rather than quality. Remember the phrase Ricky - social promiscuity is no different to sexual promiscuity: leaves you feeling used, empty and in need of a shower.

2) You cannot service an immediate contact list that large.  To send a single message to each connection once per year would require about 82 messages per day. For those messages to be anything other than trite would require about 10 minutes thought per message. You would never get anything done during the day. You can bullshit some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't fool Oaky.

No comment Oaky.  This is business. This forum is for fun. People pay to find out how to build a targeted network and then how to interact effectively. Buy me a pint of diet coke with ice at the 1877 and I'll share some that with you.

44 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

Hahahahaha we think we’re the glue. 

I think your on the glue, where have I lied about anything? 

How about you come and show me today at Hamilton or will you continue to hide behind your name on this? 

Lol 

How about you just getting on with supporting the team the way you guys do so well but without the side shows that endanger the solidarity of the support?  I'm sure that it's not your aim to do that. COYS

On my way. Heading into Hamilton for lunch and pre-match beer. Looking forward to the game at the hope or should we call it the dope stadium. Let's hope we're all high as a kite after the match.

Now they have a sponsorship deal with a cannibis producer maybe they sell those girl scout cookies in the pie stalls

41 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There is a huge difference now 1/ Team selection 2/ Oran can communicate to his players better than Stubbs. Not getting carried away it's about survivg this season but we should be beating Hamilton. 

Not getting carried away...... you are referencing team selection as a huge difference between Stubbs and OK when OK has only picked one team!

Too early to judge anything especially when the only evidence is one good half against Celtic.  

We have a squad that is very imbalanced and we will need to rely on some of Stubbs signings along the way. 

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

How about you just getting on with supporting the team the way you guys do so well but without the side shows that endanger the solidarity of the support?  I'm sure that it's not your aim to do that. COYS

Learn to grow old gracefully Ricky.